• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Years Special Offer questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser1351
  • Start date

DeletedUser1351

Does anyone know how many quests are in the "New Years Special Offer" questline ? I got to the third quest so far..

DeletedUser929

i got to six, it seems to be a random BP from GB of your age and not from any GB, well i got all col age BP's

DeletedUser1351

1st q - 20 medals = 1 BP
2nd q - 40 medals = 1 BP
3rd q - 80 medals = 1 BP
4th q - 150 medals = 1 BP
5th q - 250 medals = 1 BP
6th q - 400 medals = 2 BP
7th q - 400 medals = 2 BP
8th q - 400 medals = 2 BP
9th q - 400 medals = 2 BP
10th q - 400 medals = 2 BP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sry for posting in your thread, but I think there is no need to open a new one to discuss about this offer.

This new offer is rubbish.
U only can get BP from ur current age, which makes it absolutely useless if u don't need/want BP from this age.

It would be MUCH BETTER, if the offer would be like "pay 1000Medals to get a BP of ur own choice"!
I think it is "okay" that u can get multiple BP, but that u only can get BP of ur current age is not okay!

DeletedUser929

as much as i liked the GB when they were first introduced the longer they are here the more i dislike them. the average player can only acquire them by chance, you introduced the 2:1 trade which again is relying on chance, your just as likely to get an existing bp rather than a new bp that you need, then today we get the medal-blueprint trade which again is pure chance and from what im hearing its more and more doubles been handed out9i was lucky as up until now i had 0 col age BP's so none of mine were doubles), while the whole time the majority of the gbs out there were bought with diamonds.
iv always found this game to be rather balanced when it comes to F2P and those who P2P. there was players who had gb's built on day 1 and nearly 2 months later the rest of the free players are struggling to keep up because of our ever increasing need for luck :(

please can we get a feature that allows us to get the BP's we need and not more lottery crap

DeletedUser

To answer the question: Currently, there are 10 quests from Leonardo, the cost for each blueprint increases at about the same ratio as the diamond expansions.

As for the complaints here: Well, I think this questline is better than nothing. People were asking for better chances to gain blueprints, and they got them. Three times! Trading was the first. Then came a better droprate for polishing and motivating. Now this questline. You can't deny that chances have gotten better step by step. As for blueprints of buildings that you already have: Those won't be lost either, so cool down, people ;-)

.... and please don't start the diamonds discussion again..... pretty please!

DeletedUser929

You can't deny that chances have gotten better step by step.

im not denying that, but the fact remains it is still down to chance for most when others can get them so freely.this is not a rant about diamonds and their user's. i dont have a problem with them being available for diamonds, they pay for this game to be developed after all, my problem is the rest of us are getting left behind because we cant compete. it just feels crappy that everyone else has to be lucky

DeletedUser

To answer the question: Currently, there are 10 quests from Leonardo, the cost for each blueprint increases at about the same ratio as the diamond expansions.

As for the complaints here: Well, I think this questline is better than nothing. People were asking for better chances to gain blueprints, and they got them. Three times! Trading was the first. Then came a better droprate for polishing and motivating. Now this questline. You can't deny that chances have gotten better step by step. As for blueprints of buildings that you already have: Those won't be lost either, so cool down, people ;-)

.... and please don't start the diamonds discussion again..... pretty please!

:D :D :D that's the strategy of innogames I think ^^ to make a horrible and immature feature and then make it step by step (take some months) a little way better, just to say "hey guys, do not complain, it is better than nothing!" (instead of making it better in the beginning, because it was clear, that it was horrible and immature, after testing it here on zz.)

I was one of the first "complainers", that there was no way to buy BP with medals in the beginning of GBs. And this questline is just a really bad joke!

Please notice: I think it is "okay" that it is "lottery crap". I get used to it, and I built 4 GBs so far (with buying 2 BP each, but only with questdiamonds).
But as I said in my post before: U have to correct, that u only can get a BP from ur current age. I don't want BP from the Colonial Age, because I built the Deal Castle already and don't want the other one. So I have many medals, but there is no use for them in this questline.

Just to clarify: Iam one of the players, who defends the GB on my home-server. There are soooo many people complaining about them and leaving the game. But I, and some others of course, give tips how to get 1-2 GBs soon without spending money, like i did.
Innogames is forced to do something, to make the game not to die out. ...But why should they? They got enough money so they can shut FOE down and create a new browsergame...

sry for bad english, it's not my first language.

DeletedUser1164

Can you tell me how many medals you need ? I only know this much:

1st q - 20 medals
2nd q - 40 medals
3rd q - 80 medals
4th q - 150 medals
5th q - ... medals

I wasn't able to keep track but I am currently at 400 medals/BP. if I ain't mistaken it's about the 6th or 7th cuz I remember seeing a 200 or 250-medal requisite.

DeletedUser

......U have to correct, that u only can get a BP from ur current age. I don't want BP from the Colonial Age, because I built the Deal Castle already and don't want the other one. So I have many medals, but there is no use for them in this questline......

While it's not yet 100% confirmed that indeed you do get blueprints exclusively for GBs of the age you're in, I don't think this is so bad, and it follows a certain pattern of thinking: If for example you're in EMA where you're usually producing goods of EMA, then this combination makes sense and life a bit easier to get blueprints for EMA. It was the same thing with Frosty's last quest - nobody complained about getting 2 long range units of the age the quest was accepted in.

I am definitely not known to be the megaphone for Innogames, but regarding this issue, I don't see much imbalance, if any. They are listening to the players and improving chances bit by bit in small steps so they can evaluate when the point is reached where they see just so many Great Buildings in the worlds that they can live with. It's better to raise the chances than to start off at a high level and then reduce them when they see "Ooops, we have a GB flood here".... moreso on this zz-beta.

DeletedUser1351

Thanks for the answers. I'll continue to update the requirements list for these quests along the way. I won't be able to reach those quests myself, but there may be others interested in the info.

DeletedUser

Well, this quest is for me final. My main account is on the Dutch server and I play for about 5 months now (6 to 16 hour a day) with al lot of joy. I looked forward to the introducing of the GB's, but since it became clear that the trading system was random again the joy dissapeared in no time. It's more frustration than pleasure in a game. I had a ticket open for support with some questions but the introduction of this quest had the answer. In this thread there are some posts I cetainly agree with thos are not the ones of HaekelHansi. Goodbye, and for the ones whom keep playing: I'll hope you will have fun for the time being and best of luck.

DeletedUser929

I don't see much imbalance, if any.

how can you not see an imbalance??

Up until GB's there was a balance, let me give you some examples

happiness
premium can build a circus and non-premium can build trading post, its not as good but we can still compete
same can be said about coin and production buildings

armies
premium players can instantly heal, non-premium have to wait a max of 4 hours(depending on the troop of course) but we can still compete
premium players can replace lost troops instantly while non-premium have to build more, this can be anything from 1-16hrs depending on the troops. its not ideal but at least there is a set time and we can still compete

boosts
premium players can boost there production outcome, while non-premium must rely on visitors.thats simply a give and you shall recieve scenario but they can still compete

Now we get to the GB's
as soon as a premium player finds the first BP he can as good as build the GB where as the non-premium player has to work his butt off trying to find a random blueprint. yes the chance of finding BP's has increased but it is still reliant on luck, even with the 2:1 trade, the medals:BP swap and the increased drop rate it could still take months for a non-premium to get just ONE GB built
theres no set time frame for a F2P player to get a GB, there has to be a coin/produce price put on BP'S to purchase the ones we need(have the price increase like the medals cost for each GB), or a weekly quest where we choose the BP we get, or lead contributor gets to pick which BP he wants, something, anything , there just has to be somethoing done to allow normal player close the gap on the premiums

edit:eek:h almost forgot you can get random BP's by helping build the premium players GB's. what a lovely feeling that is when they use the military boost you helped build for them to steam roll trough your defences :( a fine example of how in trying to compete we are infact helping them push ahead

DeletedUser

how can you not see an imbalance??

Up until GB's there was a balance, let me give you some examples

happiness
premium can build a circus and non-premium can build trading post, its not as good but we can still compete
same can be said about coin and production buildings

armies
premium players can instantly heal, non-premium have to wait a max of 4 hours(depending on the troop of course) but we can still compete
premium players can replace lost troops instantly while non-premium have to build more, this can be anything from 1-16hrs depending on the troops. its not ideal but at least there is a set time and we can still compete

boosts
premium players can boost there production outcome, while non-premium must rely on visitors.thats simply a give and you shall recieve scenario but they can still compete

Now we get to the GB's
as soon as a premium player finds the first BP he can as good as build the GB where as the non-premium player has to work his butt off trying to find a random blueprint. yes the chance of finding BP's has increased but it is still reliant on luck, even with the 2:1 trade, the medals:BP swap and the increased drop rate it could still take months for a non-premium to get just ONE GB built
theres no set time frame for a F2P player to get a GB, there has to be a coin/produce price put on BP'S to purchase the ones we need(have the price increase like the medals cost for each GB), or a weekly quest where we choose the BP we get, or lead contributor gets to pick which BP he wants, something, anything , there just has to be somethoing done to allow normal player close the gap on the premiums

edit:eek:h almost forgot you can get random BP's by helping build the premium players GB's. what a lovely feeling that is when they use the military boost you helped build for them to steam roll trough your defences :( a fine example of how in trying to compete we are infact helping them push ahead

of course I see all the things u mentioned. But I have to correct:
U can build ur first GB after ~3weeks if u spend ur daily FP on existing GBs.
There are some "tricks" to get some diamonds for free (e.g. play the winterquests on every server ~300diamonds).
So everyone is able to buy 2-3BP and can build a GB. As I said before, i spent no money on FOE and build 4 GB already and i'm near to build two more.
So the best way is spend FP till u have ~6-7 different BP and buy the rest with diamonds u got by quests.

But if there would be no possibility to get so many diamonds by quests (I got ~3000 so far), I would had left the game.
So i revealed this very good method for me and it works, so I don't need new features of getting BPs.
But nevertheless this quest is something like a kick in players ass (because random AND only BP of ur current age)

Edit: Dia-players are able to buy all of these buildings and their bonus at once. We as normal players have to choose which bonus we want first (military or economic). But I think that is okay.

DeletedUser

how can you not see an imbalance??......

In my post before that, I stated that I don't see an imbalance regarding this issue. And "this issue" being the New Years Special Offer questline. Diamond players gaining access to GBs in no time is a completely different issue and has nothing to do with the OP and was not referred to with my "imbalance".

In post #6 (where did the post numbers go??) I kindly asked to not start the diamonds discussion again, there are enough existing threads for that. The same goes for rage-quitters. Extremely annoying and boring. Why do they always have to announce it loudly on the forums, only to come back after a week?

DeletedUser929

In my post before that, I stated that I don't see an imbalance regarding this issue. And "this issue" being the New Years Special Offer questline.

facepalm.jpg

My apologies, i thought you were refering to the GB's

DeletedUser2752

Buen trabajo (Good job) farmerlynch :p

HaekelHansi, I just leaned recently that post numbers are hidden; you have to hover your mouse over that top-right corner

Ok, back to the questline, I thought every person was suppose to have equal chances of getting these blueprints. It would be way harder for a BA person to earn medals compared to a CA guy

(EDIT: Oh yea, I don't know whether to start a new topic on this: )
Is this thing a "new" (past the 0.24) update? Or is this event about to pop up on the other servers now?

DeletedUser

.....I thought every person was suppose to have equal chances of getting these blueprints. It would be way harder for a BA person to earn medals compared to a CA guy.....
hmm yes, but that also applies to PvP tournaments, no? This questline will give BA players an additional chance to gain blueprints for a BA-GB, a building they can afford to spend some goods on. If Leonardo would give random blueprints from all ages, what would a BA-player want to do with a CA-blueprint? How would he be able to gather 320 wire?

.....Is this thing a "new" (past the 0.24) update? Or is this event about to pop up on the other servers now?
I don't know why Leonardo didn't make it to .en yesterday nor do I know anything about his future.

DeletedUser

I don't know why Leonardo didn't make it to .en yesterday nor do I know anything about his future.

Why should he be on en. since yesterday? he has nothing to do with 0.24 :D It is a questline like the winterquest or halloweenquest. Here it is tested and in 1-2weeks it will appaer on en./other servers ;)