• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New update, new continent

Yang10

Marquis
With the new update and the new Collumbus' questline we are ejoying exciting new features, but the most intrieguing and promising one is the new continent on the world atlas. Taking the place of Greenland and what would look like a winter-time Glacial Arctic Ocean, the continent looks very much like Antarctica put upside down. If you look at it carefully you can see it is, as expected, covered in glacials, lots of ice caps. The best part of it all is that it has limits. Before, when seeing the atlas, you could see the continents and their foggy covers, and under the fog there were lands painted, only that, the drawings. As time flew those continents became campaign maps for different eras, and when those eras were at their uprising, those foggy covered lands would look like the drawings they were, but with a fine limit on its borders, denoting it would soon be clickable. If you get what I mean, or have already discovered it by yourself, great!, because that would lead us to the conclusion: there's something coming soon that will need that map and it isn't the Future Era, as that era has the Africa-like continent set.
What do you think?

I was surprised to find this Columbus-fairytale in a game focused on exploration well into the 21st century. We have now known for decades that Columbus *discovered* nothing geographically that was not previously discovered or known. If anything, his expedition marked the starting point of Europe's forceful colonization of the americas.
Well, I guess he is a historc figure tied to exploration stories, so on another hand one maybe surprised that it took so long for him to appear in FoE.

The new "continent" indeed is exciting although its dimensions rather point to a combined Nothern-Ice-Cap region including Greenland and Iceland. Perhaps we are taken into the next century following some extreme climate warming scenario in which the old continents dry up forcing the people into a semi-aquatic society. Would be interesting although global warming (now renamed climate change to fit every data set imaginable) is based on another fairytale long since proven as such.
Well, it is a game, right? ^^

Another, more exotic possibility would be a doorway to hollow earth. Interestingly, zero-gravity experiments on fluid dynamics on the International Space Station suggest that vast and spacious cave systems could exist inside the earth at a certain distance off earth's spinning axis which would make land masses at very high latitudes likely candidates for entrances to the "underworld". Meet Jules Verne gone Space-Age. ^^

Talking of (outer) space, this was another thing I expected to appear on the world map: A window to outer space or some rocket/ space ship. But perhaps this is saved for later, some very far future. ^^

DeletedUser4256

Extracted from that letter:

"As you have seen in the last InnoGames TV episode, the initial development of the new age (The Future) has also started. We’ve noticed that some of you worry that we’re nearing the end of the game. Well, we definitely are not! This is absolutely not the case – we will not stop delivering new, fun stuff. We are well aware that Forge of Empires largely depends on new pieces of content being continuously added to the game. We will therefore keep on doing that, but we will change the way we do it. And we certainly do not plan to slow down, you can trust us!"

...so if we trust them the new foggy land might be the next era after the upcoming future era

DeletedUser

Enter Keanu Reeves and Samuel Jackson with a tad of Doctor Who :D

DeletedUser5097

"Forge of Empires - The Lunar Colonies"

hehehe

A good name for the new map.:)

==================

I think there are two opportunities: a new era (I hope it) or a new giant bonusmap. I hope a new era
with polar units and battle fields on cold white tundras.:cool: I think not that units on a hot map will
fight on a cold map like a tundra.:p

DeletedUser5097

Future era map is under the clouds. I can see some red things under
te clouds, under Africa.
Because of the red coloring, my first thought was that it may be a new GvG area, and our new continent to acquire is up North.

I think your right. Maybe Inno has chanche the plan, but on the normal GvG map is one county under the clouds. I think
that county is for the future era.

DeletedUser

It was a joke all ;)
Though if something like that were ever considered I think that there should be like a portal on the existing world map, that then loads a completely new world map representing the lunar environment.
But seriously, I really do not know what the long term plans are for new eras. I was only posing the idea.

DeletedUser

its ATLANTIS!!!!

In the future they have discovered the fabled lost city and so begins a mad rush to uncover all its secrets :)

DeletedUser5097

Maybe it's for a bonus tech. tree. Like Elvenar by the Dwarfs (tech tree), but for FoE no dwarfs but
than for eskimo's. A arctic war or rescue operation or maybe a arctic (science) race.:cool: