• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New golden updates.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not even the point, 5-6 months (you need to complete 10) is a long bum time to wait to get a building that you're going to delete or not even build because it's totally useless compared to the other buildings you can get from events. I don't even believe that a reasonable user can complete it in 1 week since you're limited by special goods by fighting that you can't diamond for more, but you do you boo. Settlements by far is one of the most hated features inno has created, users always hoping for something better, only enduring for the buildings, but now there are no great buildings so nobody's doing them.

Inno is currently waiting people a few months of the champions building. Every 2 weeks the winner gets the frags. That is the bar that has been set. That's one last settlement for most of them, mougals/egypt longer.
in the later rounds you get x4 chances twice, at the loot, and at the actual goods production. It speeds the run up a lot. Average 1.5 weeks per run -> 15 weeks, about 3-4 months for me to take egypt from start to finish if I care to.

But it's much lower stress than the other ones, you don't have to stay on top of 4 hour coin productions - you don't even *need* coin productions. It fits in flexibly. Get in, do your 3 fights, reset goods productions for when you'll next be around, move on. Towards the end any extra loot can be converted by building massive amounts of goods buildings (think i've occasionally had as many as 10 up) so you still save about the same amount of time even if your production cycles weren't perfectly timed early. Just make sure to get all your loot :)

Now mughals, yes that one is much longer - and there's not a damn thing you can do about that :p But I haven't even completed the main building in that one - because it doesn't do anything special and that settlement is beyond tedious. "You thought vikings were bad? Here have mughals! Suffer!" But we always have the option to not do things if we don't feel them worthwhile.

Emberguard

Emperor
Not even the point, 5-6 months (you need to complete 10)
The point is it's not 6 months if it's at the shortest timer, because 6 months is based on the entire run starting at 28 days for a single playthrough, finishing at 14 days for a single playthrough. And Egypt is the easiest to get faster than the Gold rewards, so it's quicker than the 14 days anyway, which would be 4.6 months if you squeezed in at exactly 14 days each time (definitely not 6 months)

Now mughals, yes that one is much longer - and there's not a damn thing you can do about that But I haven't even completed the main building in that one - because it doesn't do anything special and that settlement is beyond tedious. "You thought vikings were bad? Here have mughals! Suffer!" But we always have the option to not do things if we don't feel them worthwhile.
I'm doing that one right now just so I can say I've done it. Still on the first playthrough.... yay xD

Towards the end any extra loot can be converted by building massive amounts of goods buildings (think i've occasionally had as many as 10 up)
And then still have more extra space than you know what to do with it :D

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I wish to see a generic item called "special production golden upgrade kit" which covers all event buildings, special buildings and settlement buildings excluding Great Buildings.

If they wish they can insert this as fragments in every events timeline replacing Avatar in the event quest timeline progress.

I thought this long back, but idea will move to DNSL hence didn't thought to share it openly:rolleyes:

ADSL

Squire
I wish to see a generic item called "special production golden upgrade kit" which covers all event buildings, special buildings and settlement buildings excluding Great Buildings.

If they wish they can insert this as fragments in every events timeline replacing Avatar in the event quest timeline progress.

I thought this long back, but idea will move to DNSL hence didn't thought to share it openly:rolleyes:
Oh, that's cool!

nice2haveu

Baronet

Sounds very cool. But to accomplish this is very difficult. Separate building stats page to be maintained for every matching building from every age representing golden upgrades stats which should reflect correctly on games regular progress (GE/GBG etc.,).

But it is a one time change and should be maintained correctly for all upcoming building in which there is a small clash or exploit in new events where, players will keep this new upgrade kit and easily don't push much on events to reach the golden upgrade kits. It's a benefit and slightly a damage to the game.

Whatever, if it is introduced, will become more happy.

Kono

Merchant
1. Sakura Rock
2. Winners' Plaza, Checkmate Square, Botanical Rotunda, Royal Marble Gateway
3. Stage of Ages

angelgail

Baronet
Definitely the settlement buildings.

Abandoned Asylum is currently on my chopping block,
Crows nest already got chopped.
My Speakers Corner is on the chopping block which is really sad!!!
Road to Victory should have a level 2. I actually really like that it gives easy goods but only 5% an only for attacking defense for a 3x2 space isn't good.
Pirates Hideout from last year is on the list because it's so big, even though it gives 33% it's only attack.
i wish they did not age up when you leveled them .i mean im glad they do but have some i like to level but keep them the age they are

Zio Dyhos

Farmer
This Halloween event I will be looking forward to seeing the gold improvement of the abandoned asylum, but in the Christmas event there may be a surprise.

PJS299

Merchant
I'd like to see a golden upgrade to the Ferris Wheel, although I'm not sure how that would work since it has a branching top level...

Also, the Terracotta Vineyard and the Druid Temple would be nice.

I think Inno only makes golden upgrades (at least rn) for popular buildings that many people have, like the Gentiana, Athlon Abbey and Governor's Villa...

Emberguard

Emperor
I think Inno only makes golden upgrades (at least rn) for popular buildings that many people have, like the Gentiana, Athlon Abbey and Governor's Villa...

It makes the most sense to do it on buildings people already have.

If they were to do a Golden Upgrade for (as an example) Pillar of Heroes, how many people are going to bother going for the Golden Upgrade? Most won't have the base building in the city, so going for the Golden Upgrade would mean also using all the Daily Specials obtaining the base building instead of any other potential reward

Whereas if you use a newer building that just about everyone still values then you can go for that Golden Upgrade and not worry about the rest of the building. And if you do still go for it, any extra upgrades are still usable without the Golden Upgrade, as opposed to having enough to place a second building but you're not going to consider using any of it

Last edited: