• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback new forum layout

podkap1970

Emperor
i don't really like the new forum layout
its new, maybe thats why :)

its too wide
and i miss on the right side, the latest threads which got modified, because i always did click them, it was fastest way to get informed,
now i have to click through the whole forum to see what is new, more or less,
please replace the 'New Profile Posts' with the latest posts written/modified

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
and i miss on the right side, the latest threads which got modified, because i always did click them, it was fastest way to get informed,
now i have to click through the whole forum to see what is new, more or less,
please replace the 'New Profile Posts' with the latest posts written/modified
It wasn't really replaced, it just wasn't active yet. We've fixed that now. ;)

DeletedUser7764

Using this on a pc and it's rather wide this might be nice for mobile but the version for pc would be better readable if it was a lot less wide

DeletedUser5160

There is a lot of empty space in the background for those on PC monitors. I'm sure that the dev team knows about media queries and viewport....

Pafton

Viceroy
It seems quite so unfamiliar now...and it has become a bit too wide. To be honest, the blue background is a bit weird. Maybe why not replace the blue background with, if nothing else, atleast some FoE design? (like in the blog).

DeletedUser7764

For threads with multiple pages the buttons that show the last 3 pages are impossible to read
And on the top of this thread and i guess other threads too there is a text next to the twitter and facebook buttons it says sign up and behind that there is some more text that is very hard/ impossible to read

foeforum.jpg

BestWarrior

Baronet
each day more i'm loosing the interest on this game. Almost every changes are for worse, it's incredible, so many good things that could be done in the game and they are wasting time in not so important details...

DeletedUser16

each day more i'm loosing the interest on this game. Almost every changes are for worse, it's incredible, so many good things that could be done in the game and they are wasting time in not so important details.
The forum layout changes are done entirely by the community management department (including supporters) and do not influence the development of the game in any way.

I don't know why, but it's a lot harder to read and find things. Sometimes when something works just fine, it's better to leave it alone!
I completely agree, but unfortunately it was not possible in this case. The old system uses actually two different layouts (one for desktop and one for mobile), which is achieved thanks to certain plugins. We currently believe that this comes with certain security risks. That's why it was decided to move away from the two-layout system and develop a new one that works cross-platform.

please replace the blue empty space on sides with something.....
We can use a different color, but not necessarily a picture.

Other issues mentioned before should now be solved. If you spot more, please let us know!

BestWarrior

Baronet
The forum layout changes are done entirely by the community management department (including supporters) and do not influence the development of the game in any way!

This was just an example, some of the most important features in the game need some improvement (like GE, for example) and nothing is done. The Tavern is another example. Now that many people have all the tavern features leveled up, what shall we do with the silver coins ??

Sl8yer

Regent
I completely agree, but unfortunately it was not possible in this case. The old system uses actually two different layouts (one for desktop and one for mobile), which is achieved thanks to certain plugins. We currently believe that this comes with certain security risks. That's why it was decided to move away from the two-layout system and develop a new one that works cross-platform.

In that case I find it very strange that on the forum that is used for my country we still have the old layout. No security risk there, or do they simply not care?

DeletedUser16

In that case I find it very strange that on the forum that is used for my country we still have the old layout. No security risk there, or do they simply not care?
I should have been more clear: we consider it a potential security risk. Hence we're not rushing it, but we take our time.
The new layout is currently available exclusively on Beta, as it should be checked (happening now) and issues should be solved before it goes everywhere. Please expect it on the live versions in 2017.

Sl8yer

Regent
I should have been more clear: we consider it a potential security risk. Hence we're not rushing it, but we take our time.
The new layout is currently available exclusively on Beta, as it should be checked (happening now) and issues should be solved before it goes everywhere. Please expect it on the live versions in 2017.

Getting out of bed in the morning is a potential security risk. It either is a risk in which case it should be rushed everywhere, or it is a poor excuse for an unpopular measure.

DeletedUser16

It is a risk, because the plugins that we use to make the two-layout system work are not official ones and therefore their authors can decide to cease maintaining them at any time, leaving us with an insecure solution. They are still maintained for now, hence the word "potential". We're simply acting before the damage is done (which I personally consider a good practice).

Hope it's clear now :).

Achaeus

Marquis
So I am getting used to the new Forum Layout, and it is not bad. Not real fond of the color, browns are just not a friendly color but overall the color combinations do work for ease of reading and are easily scanned. The "search" feature is a little obscure and I seem to have to look twice for it when I need it. I am not sure if the links are new or if I just did not notice them before, but I am finding those rather handy now and easily accessible. Finally thank you Bryfft for explaining why there were changes! Sometimes understanding why makes accepting change a little easier, lol.