• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

new feature ? draw in fights

shad2389

Viceroy
yesturday game told me someting like this :
your trroops could not win this batle your remaining troops left the batle
after that screen i was chocked to see i still had 1 unit eaven if i did not win the fight
is this a new feature ?
téléchargement.jpeg

forgot to do a print screen
this happened on my live world was this an AB test ?
first time this happens to me
just find it weird that i did'nt loose all my troops in that batle

Solution
This is not a new feature or anything. It happens, when you get a draw while fighting. This happens very rarely, but when it happens you get this message.

Thunderdome

Emperor
From other games, the only way to get a draw is if both sides didn't finish the battle in a specific number of rounds (usually when defined by the game itself, either by visual or behind the scenes through a line of code). This usually happens if both sides have nearly the same stats that hardly any damage is being done to move the battle forward.

Leones

Marquis
This generally happens when there's a stalemate. It can sometimes happen that two sides cannot kill each other, no matter how many rounds there are.

For example, if there are two units left, both able to hide in a forest, it can happen that they both hide, unable to attack each other, which will result in this message.

There's probably a maximum amount of rounds for a battle as well.

shad2389

Viceroy
lol only happens with auto-fight i know for sure that if i would have batled manualy i would have wun this fight was my artilery +7 rogues against 8 light units wich is perfectly possible to win in manual fighting

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Seems more a bug than a logical design.

battle aborted.jpg
Remaining Army.jpg
My same army, with no replacements or units healed, beat the same AI army the next time (1 min later) using auto-fight again. So how can the AI force a retreat with all new units, but allow the same (now damaged) units to fight and (easily) win?

Emberguard

Emperor
Seems more a bug than a logical design.

[...]
My same army, with no replacements or units healed, beat the same AI army the next time (1 min later) using auto-fight again. So how can the AI force a retreat with all new units, but allow the same (now damaged) units to fight and (easily) win?

As you have progressive Era units, you're going to have barbed wire / trenches on the field.

It's been a long time since I've done Progressive Era fights. Forget which terrain Rogue can step on.

But hypothetically what if the two remaining units on each side were a (untransformed) Rogue and the Drummer, with a line of barbed wire/trench across the map? Wouldn't that mean both sides would be unable to touch each other if all ranged attackers died first?

Re-do the fight and the terrain randomizes again. Maybe the next time without the middle section blocked, or maybe the melee range units get killed earlier on

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
As you have progressive Era units, you're going to have barbed wire / trenches on the field.

It's been a long time since I've done Progressive Era fights. Forget which terrain Rogue can step on.

But hypothetically what if the two remaining units on each side were a (untransformed) Rogue and the Drummer, with a line of barbed wire/trench across the map? Wouldn't that mean both sides would be unable to touch each other if all ranged attackers died first?

Re-do the fight and the terrain randomizes again. Maybe the next time without the middle section blocked, or maybe the melee range units get killed earlier on
I don't think that could be the case. I've an unboosted A/D 1371/1228, and had a 20% tavern boost at the time. In the screenshot, you can see that my units took almost no damage, despite the fight being aborted. Plus, it happened twice within 30 minutes. That just does not fit with the idea that this is an extremely rare event (though, statistically, of course it is possible)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think that could be the case. I've an unboosted A/D 1371/1228, and had a 20% tavern boost at the time. In the screenshot, you can see that my units took almost no damage, despite the fight being aborted. Plus, it happened twice within 30 minutes. That just does not fit with the idea that this is an extremely rare event (though, statistically, of course it is possible)
You might've been exceptionally unlucky. Although there's no confirmation, I suspect the AI can compute a maximum number of turns. If the battle isn't concluded (victory/defeat) within those turns, the computer forces it to a conclusion by forcing a retreat. This is speculation but imho the most likely cause.