• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Expansions and cost

DeletedUser5954

Dear Inno, I have been meaning to ask about the expansions that appears to be on our new city maps. First off excellent play by giving us who have been in the game a while something more to shoot for. Also I would ask if there is something that may be done to make it easier to acquire these new expansions. I know that when the game first came out that the medal cost for them seemed appropriate and fair. Now that they are out would there be something in the works to redistribute that cost of medals to make it a little easier so we can get them. 240k for an expansion and/or more would take forever to get all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sl8yer

Regent
Dear Inno, I have been meaning to ask about the expansions that appears to be on our new city maps. First off excellent play by giving us who have been in the game a while something more to shoot for. Also I would ask if there is something that may be done to make it easier to acquire these new expansions. I know that when the game first came out that the medal cost for them seemed appropriate and fair. Now that they are out would there be something in the works to redistribute that cost of medals to make it a little easier so we can get them. 240k for an expansion and/or more would take forever to get all of them.

Why wouldn't the medal costs be fair now? Since the game came out there are now new GB's, victory towers, shrines, buildings, treasure hunt and GE that give medals. How easy do you want it? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7649

Why wouldn't the medal costs be fair now? Since the game came out there are now new GB's, victory towers, shrines, buildings, treasure hunt and GE that give medals. How easy do you want it? :rolleyes:
I agree with Slayer, if anything, the costs are too LOW.

DeletedUser5954

Too low!? I disagree. Even if you have all the buildings that support medals and say 30 towers and you complete GE weekly and are a decent fighter to win your weekly tourneys (about 3 average) you can come up with about what 6000 medals. If you are topped out at the current 240K per new expansion that would take what over a year to get another expansion! Thats crazy! Even with some of the events you may be able to rake up about 50 -75k but that is far a few between. When the game was developed that cost you could say was about right. Because the thought was it would take a while for people to get towards the end. And then bam they decide to expand the land but not re-evaluate the cost. If the cost were redistributed for todays amount of expansions by the same increase in cost over time as originally calculated the cost should probably be in the realm of maybe 75k. You can do the math. But thats my point I am trying to make. Original game had 40 exp. and now about 30ish new for medals.

DeletedUser7649

Too low!? I disagree. Even if you have all the buildings that support medals and say 30 towers and you complete GE weekly and are a decent fighter to win your weekly tourneys (about 3 average) you can come up with about what 6000 medals. If you are topped out at the current 240K per new expansion that would take what over a year to get another expansion! Thats crazy! Even with some of the events you may be able to rake up about 50 -75k but that is far a few between. When the game was developed that cost you could say was about right. Because the thought was it would take a while for people to get towards the end. And then bam they decide to expand the land but not re-evaluate the cost. If the cost were redistributed for todays amount of expansions by the same increase in cost over time as originally calculated the cost should probably be in the realm of maybe 75k. You can do the math. But thats my point I am trying to make. Original game had 40 exp. and now about 30ish new for medals.

In IA right now on my main world I am 1/4 way to the 105k expansion. If you have an arc and invest in high level gbs it is fairly easy (I get 10-15k for first place on one level, and I don't even farm arc bps that much). Note: Arc isn't even necessary as without the boost you still get 8-10k per level.

lol @Whiskey-s you got in a split second before I did ;P

Sl8yer

Regent
You forget the main source of medals! The GBs! With just a lvl 10 Arc you'll get tons of medals when donating to GBs, an Orangery gives cca. 5000 medals on lvl 10! With a much higher Arc, you could get 1 million or even more medals every day if you want (just by donating FPs to others' GBs, what you'll get back evrytime), and there's a Frontenac too! At lvl 10 in AF that gives 1650 medals when completing recurring quests, with an average town a player can finish at least 10-15 recurring quests a day (900K supplies or 1M coins could be comleted just by collecting in he city, so it's not a big deal, don't have to do special things), and the chance to get medals is 1:12, so you definately will get at least once every day... So the costs are definately low!

Orangery doesn't give medals. With a level 10 Frontenac you get 2600 medals from recurring quests.

DeletedUser7649

Contributing to the Orangery gives medals what i wrote if you finish on the 1st place in 10th lvl... That's the best way to get medals, just take the 1st places in high lvl Orangerys and then you'll have hundreds of thousands...
Yup, you can do it with arcs as well, just put in exactly half the fps needed to level and you are golden ;)

DeletedUser4285

Some players think that the expansion that cost 240k should have been 2 million medals and the next expansion would be 4 million medals.

Sl8yer

Regent
I know it very well. :D I've got more than 27M medals... I wrote the Orangery because that gives the most medals, but the Arc and the Rain Forest project are the best to gain free FPs and medals if you have a lvl 80 Arc, there are about 40 lvls where you'll get more FPs back than the half of the lvl (the Orangery needs more FPs/lvl and gives back worse).

As if someone who thinks the expansions are to expensive will have a level 80 Arc :rolleyes: