• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New Event Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
Reason
It is not necessary but could help some players to improve the way they do events.
Details
How many times have you read in forums, in the game itself, facebook groups ,etc. that certain minigames of some events are difficult to understand and some players just preffer not take an event seriously due to that difficulty?

How can be used the new event hub? you know that all events are tested here 1 or 2 months before their releasements in live servers. This new hub could allow players of all live servers play the next event minigame atleaste 1 week before the official date. In that way, players can practice to understand and/or improve the way they play the minigame.

That is not all, the hub could also show the best score or the most efficient score achieved by player during that week to let know players the best score they can achieve if they play the minigame in the most efficient way.

Each day, the hub could give all players X amount of the currency of the minigame to let players play the game 2 times per day atleast. In the case of forge bowl, enough energy drinks to reach the opposite side of the yard (the highest score being achieved by the player who spent the less amount of energy drinks to reach the other side), in the case of halloween event, enough currency to earn 40 lights (max. score is the player who earn 20 lights with the less amount of unlocked tiles), for the anniversary event, enough currency to clean or do 2 or 3 boards resets, etc.

Also, in order to motivate players to play those minigames, an special reward can be delivered to all players who achieve certain scores. Which type of rewards? for example:

- you have played the minigame each day for 7 days: 200 extra currency of the minigame at the start of the event
- your best score has been achieved by 50% of the players: 50 extra currency
- your best score has been achieved by 25% of the players: 100 extra currency
- your best score has been achieved by 10% of players: 200 extra currency or 10% of discount for the event pass.
- your score is one of the 10 best scored in your world: 500 extra currency or 200 diamonds or 1 kit of the new building or 25% of discount for the event pass or something like that.
Balance
Real $ and Diamonds can't be used or spent or bought to play to play more in the minigame.
Abuse Prevention
I do not know
Summary
Create a new event hub to allow players train for the next event + giving them a chance to earn extra rewards for the event according the level of activity they have during that week of training.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
not suggested.
A new event hub to allow players test/play any next event atleast 1 week before the event release date.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Dessire

Regent
I saw the feedback and I use beta server to be ready for any event when it goes live.
do you know how many players in FoE hate
the idea of create a new city? specially in a server where all the diamonds they can earn can't be shared with their main world? or how many players do not know the existance of the beta server? mmh?

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Would be nice of course, but I assume way too much work to implement something like that. As stated, anyone who cares about the events that much can either play with it on Beta or rely on other sources. For now, mainly Mooingcat, but I assume there are others too who make content about events and the game.

Beta567

Baronet
do you know how many players in FoE hate
the idea of create a new city? specially in a server where all the diamonds they can earn can't be shared with their main world? or how many players do not know the existance of the beta server? mmh?
Okay. Let me try again... How many new events do you expect every year? Just an approx number, please?
Then think about what if they won't change minigames for the next 2 years for example? Now you have very 'useful' new feature for the next X years.
In the end if players really don't want to mess up their events they should go and check beta, they don't have to play here actually. Just log in once in a while and understand how a new minigame works.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I can feel the intention of the idea. From anniversary event, wasted few energies to figure out what was the mini game logic. To solve this trouble, clear instructions and video tutorial might help, but not like bringing something extra to spend time on same event before available on beta itself. Beta is not real source and it just helping live server to get stable on any new change brought to the game. LIVE server is the real source (Alpha).

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Not sure what you mean by "alpha" but in QA alpha testing goes before beta. Just FYI.
It's beta server. You cannot bring QA testing logic here, because real customers are asked to test the beta server and not QA people.
Why I mentioned Alpha because, Beta is very much loyal to Alpha like preventing any kind of bad implementation reaching the Alpha servers (similar to animal terminology).

Beta567

Baronet
It's beta server. You cannot bring QA testing logic here, because real customers are asked to test the beta server and not QA people.
Why I mentioned Alpha because, Beta is very much loyal to Alpha like preventing any kind of bad implementation reaching the Alpha servers (similar to animal terminology).
I'm sorry it doesn't make any sense at least to me.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I'm sorry it doesn't make any sense at least to me.
Alpha - first importance
Beta - second importance
Beta can be seen with inconsistency, but not on Alpha. If you trying to match with testing, it won't fit for that classification. Why second importance to beta is, without beta also Alpha can perform better too. But if beta works well, it is still good for Alpha only. Primary importance should be on live server and not to bring something like beta within beta to save something on beta. I tried as much as possible to explain, if still not clear, have no idea how to explain further. Next time, I won't mention anything as Alpha:)

Balinor

Steward
I tried as much as possible to explain, if still not clear, have no idea how to explain further. Next time, I won't mention anything as Alpha:)
IIRC Inno games refers to their test server only accessible by inno employees as their alpha server
You can claim the live server is the Alpha server but you seem to be the only one doing so
Thats where the confusion is coming from

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
IIRC Inno games refers to their test server only accessible by inno employees as their alpha server
You can claim the live server is the Alpha server but you seem to be the only one doing so
Thats where the confusion is coming from
I didn't meant Alpha with the testing logic and tried to explain that as much as possible.
Whatever you do in beta will be betterment for live server, do you agree or disagree for it.
If you agree, then no need to get confuse. If you disagree for it, then I will be confused to know what's the purpose of beta server.
Alpha testing done on developer's server (which you mentioned as inno employees), there's no doubt.
I didn't meant for the testing analysis but the purpose of beta server is questionable with the given idea,
and pointed out live server as Alpha (higher importance one) for classifying the beta server actual purpose is to make Alpha(live server) works without any hiccups. The term Alpha and Beta is not only used on testing, that's where the big confusion happened. I could have made a reference point in the initial comment itself. Now, it is too late.

Silly Beaver

Merchant
This is why we have beta. This was not meant to be a primary world but a testing and feedback world for changes and now, events. Unfortunately, the competitive nature of gamers makes you want to excel at a testing (beta) level as well. I am so tired of the whining about difficulty, disjointed rules, mechanics of new events. This is where the bugs are worked out to make your live servers experience better.

Mailia

Merchant
Pretty sure it'd be easier to just play on beta, check the beta forum, or watch one of Mooingcat's vids... I do get the problem though, personally my solution was (and is) to run an in-game beta spoilers thread for players who want to ask questions but don't want to start a new server or sift through forum posts, it works pretty well for us and doesn't require a ton of extra code for the poor game devs... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.