• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected New Chain Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Provide enhancement to ways to configure Chain Set buildings, to bring more city design options to the players.
Details
See proposal and examples included above.
Balance
No issues balance detected.
Abuse Prevention
None identified.
Summary
Create a New Chain ability thats allows the Main building to be at any position in the row or column.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
DNSL reviewed. No issues detected. Other proposals related to Set Buildings or Chain buildings are different to this one.
Visual Aids
None.
Current: Certain sets are designed with a Chain ability which requires to build first a main building and then add the secondary buildings in a row or column after the main building. The main building has to be at the start of the row or column.
Example: Winter Train(WT), then a row of train cars (TC) at the right side of the train: WT-TC-TC-TC-TC- .....
Example: Statue of Honor (SOH), then a column of Roads to Victory (RTV) at the front of the SOH.
SOH
RTV
RTV

Proposed: Create a New Chain ability thats allows the Main building to be at any position in the row or column. For example, if applied to the SOH/ RTVs they could be set in a column starting with a few RTV, then the SHO in the middle and then follow with more RTV. Please note: SOH/RTV is used just as an example, the proposal is for a variety of the Chain ability for future buildings sets, not necessarily to change the SOH/RTV current Chain ability.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
I wish I could chain the cherry garden set
one building of it and then literally a hundred gongs in a row chained to it

Love the colors, but all sets have the chain ability. You can chain them.
according to your logic all buildings have chain ability
you can chain 50 blacksmith

Love the colors, but all sets have the chain ability. You can chain them.

You are talking about a totally different thing. My proposed idea is not related to "chaining" two or more sets together, it is related to the design mechanic that INNO called "Chain Ability" in which the way the set is built is more limited than earlier sets as explained above. See articles at the wiki about sets with "Chain Ability".

Anyway, game developers/designers know what the Chain Ability is and what is not, they will understand the OP as it is written.

====
From the wiki page of the Winter Event 2019:
This year we introduce a brand new mechanic to the Winter Train buildings, the chain ability. This works similarly to how set bonuses work, where extra rewards are given for buildings which are placed next to one another, but rather than the bonus working when the building is adjacent to any set piece regardless of positioning, the train receives it's Chain Ability bonus when you attach the cars to the back of the Winter Train. Not only that, you can attach as many cars as you can fit to the back of the Winter Train to reap the benefits of even more bonuses. Each car adds up!

The three cars can be found as Daily Specials, or even as Reindeer rewards!

Last edited:
No. What you are asking would allow someone to put two winter trains and collect double the rewards from the train cars in the middle. Same with the other buildings, vineyard, pirate hideout, etc.
No. My idea is not aimed to current sets like those you mention.

" Please note: SOH/RTV is used just as an example, the proposal is for a variety of the Chain ability for future buildings sets, not necessarily to change the SOH/RTV current Chain ability "

Sl8yer

Regent
Yes, looks like you only noticed the colours on the message and nothing else. He’s literally giving a detailed explanation of the difference between Sets and Chains. Please read it again

Yes he is, but the ability to chain them you have with both sets.

I wish I could chain the cherry garden set
one building of it and then literally a hundred gongs in a row chained to it

You can, just not in the way you want.

cherry.jpg

according to your logic all buildings have chain ability
you can chain 50 blacksmith

Yes you can, but they will not give you anything extra. You can however chain sets, to profit from max value with less buildings.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Suggesting a new approach of doing chain sets for what FOE developers planning in future updates are most welcome but not to break the existing chain sets buildings. If yes to deal with existing chain sets and building, it is a DNS, since it is making the game easier for someone adjusting the building without any strategy which initially FOE developers applied to the game.

Suggesting a new approach of doing chain sets for what FOE developers planning in future updates are most welcome but not to break the existing chain sets buildings. If yes to deal with existing chain sets and building, it is a DNS, since it is making the game easier for someone adjusting the building without any strategy which initially FOE developers applied to the game.
Exactly what Im proposing:
  • a new approach of doing chain sets for what FOE developers planning in future updates
  • not to break the existing chain sets buildings

Sl8yer

Regent
You are still mixing together two different concepts. What INNO called "Chain Ability" when the Winter Event 2019 was announced has nothing to do with earlier sets like the Cherry Garden (Spring 2018).

Concepts are different, but both concepts have the "ability".

Winter Bakery set has the ability as well and comes without a main building. Same can be said for the Celtic Forest.

There are already several chaining concepts and all have the "ability".

My idea will only impact the specific chaining concept of a Chain Set, where Inno decides to set the rule that the Main Building of the set can be in any position of the chain.

My idea has no impact on how a regular set could be joined or "chained" with a partial pieces or full set(s) of the same set (see examples) for additional boosted rewards. That opportunity, that is available right now, stays the same if my idea is implemented or not.

Example 1: A Cherry Garden Set with additional Sakura Rocks around.
Example 2: Three (3) Cherry Garden sets in a row or column.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.