• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New beta participant, but long time player

Kronan

Viceroy
Hello everyone.

I just joined the beta program and forum to HELP Inno shape this game. It's something I considered doing for a while.

But... is this going to be possible in the Bronze age? Here's my question...

Speaking of Bronze Age - why am I starting a new city from ground 0? It took me months to "grok" this game and years to build a highly productive city in the non-beta game.

My productivity to help here is going to be sub-minimal for a long time - and will take way too long to assist in the process. Playing the forge bowl 2022 event? Gosh - I can't even help on that...

Seriously - why not just offer me the choice to obtain as my working beta city a city cloned from my exact city in the non-beta game? That way, I hit the ground running over here, and can give much better feedback on the issues I'm here to assist with?

My potential to offer value is greatly diminished due to this. I respect that many of you did it this way, and do not diminish your efforts to grow your beta cities. It's going to be difficult for people that want to help to do so, with such a tiny footprint for playing.

Ironrooster

Baronet
One rational for starting everyone in Bronze is that it always gives the developers players in all ages. This provides a better test bed for changes.

And who knows, you may find a problem in the Bronze Age that only exists there. Or a problem that only exists when leveling up from BA to IA.

CrazyMary

Farmer
Hello everyone.

I just joined the beta program and forum to HELP Inno shape this game. It's something I considered doing for a while.

But... is this going to be possible in the Bronze age? Here's my question...

Speaking of Bronze Age - why am I starting a new city from ground 0? It took me months to "grok" this game and years to build a highly productive city in the non-beta game.

My productivity to help here is going to be sub-minimal for a long time - and will take way too long to assist in the process. Playing the forge bowl 2022 event? Gosh - I can't even help on that...

Seriously - why not just offer me the choice to obtain as my working beta city a city cloned from my exact city in the non-beta game? That way, I hit the ground running over here, and can give much better feedback on the issues I'm here to assist with?

My potential to offer value is greatly diminished due to this. I respect that many of you did it this way, and do not diminish your efforts to grow your beta cities. It's going to be difficult for people that want to help to do so, with such a tiny footprint for playing.
Agree 1000%. Would be nice and not only in Beta. Despite my desire, can't see it happening. A new city, all said, is a great way to see, a test of sorts, how much we really know. That's why I love this game, it's certainly challenging. Well made, imo, if FOE was my game, business wise, I would do the same. As a player I totally agree w/you. <laughing>

Last edited: