• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion new areal in the game: underneath the earth

Pachom

Farmer
The new design of the Truce Tower relates somehow to its function and could be seen as a futuristic
conveyor tower. So I got a general new idea: Could you design/implement a new area, that would not go up into space,
but underneath the earth, kind of sci-fi mining?

Sure they can. They could re-read "Jouney to the Center of the Earth" and watch the movie "The Core" if needing additional inspiration or starting ideas to design a new era/story line aligned to underneath the earth exploring / mining. Similar to story line about building a floating city over the sea during OF.

They just need to design / define:
  • Official Era name
  • underground images
  • story line / quests
  • quest givers (select new or reuse one or more previous ones (time to bring back Ragu Silvertongue ?)
  • Military buildings / units
  • Goods buildings / goods, need any special good/ore?
  • Supplies buildings
  • Cultural buildings & decorations
  • Residential buildings
  • New GBs (since they do not accept more GB suggestions I imagine they got plenty of self or players ideas to choose form).

This could open up some interesting ideas.
Upgradeable buildings of all types that would allow you to explore and colonize to greater depths.
Sustainable ocean floor farming,
Low Impact mining techniques
Fighting between marine based troops and Space age troops could prove "interesting"

At the moment I have no inclination to move up beyond Future Era in the game. but this might just get me interested.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Now Finding Atlantis could open up a mini game where you win goodies for clearing the buildings of Sharks, Giant Squid or sea monsters:D

LOL, don't get too excited. :p We went through an Atlantis idea two years ago. The thread was closed and got tagged "Do Not Suggest".