• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

My rank points goes up and down

DeletedUser4256

its me or there is something wrong with the rank points?

Days ago while fighting on guild expeditions I reached 6,000,000 and today my points are 5,985,000.
I didnt build or delete anything in my city which would explain this unpredictable fluctuation

DeletedUser5473

Days ago while fighting on guild expeditions I reached 6,000,000 and today my points are 5,985,000.
I didnt build or delete anything in my city which would explain this unpredictable fluctuation

Points are recalculated daily. A drop is only caused from a sale of buildings including roads and deco's. The only way to gain points is spend or battles and they'd not give a negative points. Levelling GBs give points for some GBs daily collection and all level ups. When sold you loose points. Personally I can't think of anything that would create a negative effect other than mentioned. I am aware the was (may still exist) a few weeks ago a recalculation bug. I will personally ask people higher up and check for you. I'll need the date you noticed it and approx time with time zone info... eg. Saturday 16 April 2016, 1:30 am (GMT + 9.5h / ACST)

Miepie

Baronet
Points from the guild Great Buildings are added up when you collect but something goes wrong with the daily calculation, and then you lose them again, that's what is causing the fluctuation.

At least that's the explanation given on my main forum for this bug

Last edited:

DeletedUser5149

Darkstar - any chance you could give everyone a definitive answer on what is going on here with this issue? B-world has many players saying the same thing is happening to them, with only 'canned' answers from the mods and support.

Thanks in advance.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Heya,

I'm sorry but can I ask anyone affected to submit a ticket through the support system, and possible mention which day(s) this happened and what points difference you've seen (it's okay if you don't know the full lost amount, a rough estimate is sufficient). We'd need to review your account activity, and giving you any details is private information that we wouldn't be able to share here on the forum.

If we can confirm an issue after looking into this, we'll post here on the forum.

ETA: Please do keep in mind that through the Beta support system we can only investigate items for the Beta server. Unfortunately we cannot look into issues on the main markets. But if there is an issue and we can confirm it here on Beta then a fix would still be applied on all markets.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

I dont know how the players daily recalc (not GvG recalc) is working but what would happen if the rank points by collecting coins and supplies were still being counted, added and subtracted from/to your counter at that daily recalc?
if in some situations those points were not properly added and subtracted at the same time from your counter, it could explain why sometimes you have 10,000 or 15,000 or 20,000 rank points less (depending on how many coins and supplies you collect a day)

In example, my 7 arcologies here are giving me about 2,800,000 coins a day, with the old rank system those collected coins would be 2,800,000 / 300 = 9,333 rank points plus other rank points by collecting supplies and other buidings that also produce coins

Another example:
Today I collect 150 supplies and coins, my guildies and friends are lazy and today my city is not enthusiastic :). Then, at the daily recalc, the system adds those 150 points +0% (happiness factor) to my counter but for whatever reason those points are not also subtracted from my counter at that moment.
Tomorrow my city is enthusiastic at the daily recalc, then the system subtracts those 150 pending points +20% (happiness factor) from my counter, therefore the system subtracts 180 points so finally I have 30 points less

anyway, all this are just my thoughts

DeletedUser4285

Are ranking points important?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
If you've submitted and ticket and received a response, then no issue could be found with your points. If you've not received a follow up, feel free to bump up the ticket. "I've not made major changes to my city" does not tell us everything that we need to know, and for example replacing 2 Future Era buildings with 2 brand new Bronze Age Great Buildings is in fact a major change for your rankings (not in a good way).

This refers to Beta --- while I understand you may have issues with other markets, please look for resolution through there. If the moderating team could not help you, reach out to a senior moderator or a community manager. Posting about another market on here does not accomplish anything, sorry.

There is a daily recalculation as pointed out before, where the system checks your ranking points for any discrepancies and applies changes if there is anything wrong. Unlike with the previous ranking system, this one is re-checked and corrected on a daily basis.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The community manager is the highest authority of any market, for any issues please discuss the matter with them in more details. Let's not go in off topic discussion here please. We should stick to the matter at hand --- the ranking points.

We cannot assume everyone's situation is the same, so if you've experienced this on the Beta market please contact us through the support system, let us know when it happened and a rough estimate of the ranking points difference you've noticed. We'll review the situation as soon as we can. If there's an issue and no explanation for the points difference we'll pass along the information to the development team.

DeletedUser4256

past night after completing the guild expedition I had 6,015,000 points, this morning I have 6,005,000 (10,000 points less)
I didnt sell anything

DeletedUser4256

April 12, 6,000,000 (after 20 successful TE-FE fights on 1st guild expedition)
April 16 5,985,000
April 19, 6,015,000 (after 20 successful TE-FE fights on 2nd guild expedition)
April 20 6,005,000
April 22 6,007,000
April 23 6,004,000

well, during all those 14 days I've just fought (2 FE guild expeditions or 40 fights), I've just collected coins, supplies and goods from Obervatory and Arc. I didnt sell anything.
Being on Future era its impossible that doing all those TE-FE 40 fights and collecting actions over the past two weeks I've just gained 4,000 rank points.
Excuse me, but something is going wrong. All I feel is that every day the system is stealing me points
anyway if the recalcution is correct, seeing a counter abnormally going up and down every day is something totally absurd. I have no knowledge of any game or sport working like this

I raised a ticket

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

Please post the reply you get - a picture of the entire answer would be very helpful and very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would like but I cant :)

Forum Rules
The official rules for the Forge of Empires Beta Forum.

General Guidelines
(..)
- Do not post any communications between yourself and the support staff, this information is confidential.

DeletedUser5149

I finished and won 1 expedition fight and lost 10000 Points...
They blamed it on daily recalculation... In other words; a typical support answer...:rolleyes:

Thanks. So no adjustment was made? In effect they are saying that the previous (higher value) point total was in error?

NorMags

Baronet
Thanks. So no adjustment was made? In effect they are saying that the previous (higher value) point total was in error?
Yes they must think so, but i lost the points immediately after finishing the fight.. so is daily calculation going on all the time??? Doesn't make sense to me... They said they would look more closely into it but i don't know if they have done so...