• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

My poor Rogues.Is this a Bug?

DeletedUser

Hi,
I went into battle with 1 Ranger and 7 Rouges and it was on the continent map. There was lots of forest to hide in so i put 1 Ranger and 7 rouges into +10 forest defense as i was up against Musketers. A Rouge or 2 got hit and i thought no worries now they are Rangers they wont get shot at because they are hidden in +10. Oh i was wrong and 2 got wiped out. This carried on happening during the battle. Im interested in what you guys think.

DeletedUser4282

Those Rouges have to change into Rangers before they can hide!
Otherwise they just go poof anywhere....

DeletedUser

I understand how Rouges work. The Rouges turned into Rangers within a +10 forest hex where as the Rangers now should be immune to distant attacks BUT they were getting hit from a distance.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Sorry I cannot test this, I have only 1 rogue ^^^ Perhaps others can? Btw, are you sure you were only up against musketeers who were at a distance of more than 1 field? And no Howitzers were around?

Edit: I have read the other replies and will leave this one to Byeordie ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4379

From EN: 'This is a long known bug which the staff pretends is not a bug . . ' Apparently tickets have been closed and labeled 'not bug'. Basically, there is some discussion as to when exactly a rogue becomes a ranger that can hide. At that moment? Or, after retaliation (close range attacked) or upon the rogue/ranger turn? Also, some discussion as to whether this bug/not bug happens always, or sometimes, and therefore cannot truly be verified. Further discussion as to whether this 'bug' is 'left to live' to get around the problem of a rogue getting hit in a trench, and immediately turning into a tank, and other similar problems (don't have to bother coding several situations). The final post on that thread was by Byordie, who opined that this situation needed further attention. You can see what happened.

DeletedUser2752

It still happens now too as I had my transformed paratrooper damaged in a recent neighborhood battle. It is not only immunity, but also other abilities like dugout and blast (counterattack-wise). Also, not moving after they have transformed will (sometimes) still not inherit the ability (I remember quite a few months ago I had a fight with my rogues and ranger, and one of my transformed ranger stayed in a same forest for a few turns and still was damaged).
I do not know how to replicate this which is the reason why I can't really label if this bug yet.

DeletedUser4379

Multiple reports, multiple servers. Replicated, is my guess.

conqueror9

Regent
It still happens now too as I had my transformed paratrooper damaged in a recent neighborhood battle. It is not only immunity, but also other abilities like dugout and blast (counterattack-wise). Also, not moving after they have transformed will (sometimes) still not inherit the ability (I remember quite a few months ago I had a fight with my rogues and ranger, and one of my transformed ranger stayed in a same forest for a few turns and still was damaged).
I do not know how to replicate this which is the reason why I can't really label if this bug yet.

simple
immediately retreat..

when everything heal
attack again with same army ...but prepare your screen video capture program b4 it start
start recording
repeat previosu attack methods while recording
u should capture it
then send to "support"

p.s. that computer is stupid..u run attack at same method..they response same way

DeletedUser2752

simple
immediately retreat..

when everything heal
attack again with same army ...but prepare your screen video capture program b4 it start
start recording
repeat previosu attack methods while recording
u should capture it
then send to "support"

p.s. that computer is stupid..u run attack at same method..they response same way
That would only be possible on the Continent Map. Neighborhood PvP will always have different terrain, and if I try to copy the same moves, the results are still not the same. I have got a screenshot-ish of what happened, and one of the former mods (the irony of where he is now :rolleyes:) also had video evidence both months ago.