• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Moving the map when attempting to sweep-collect multiple productions

Andi47

Overlord
To reproduce:

1.) have lots of productions finished in the town (I think it is important to have finished productions from production and/or goods buildings among them)
2.) collect them and re-start productions in production- and goods buildings, collect / restart the next few, etc....

Observed: sometimes (3/5) when attempting to collect the next couple of buildings, only the building, which was clicked first, is collected - and the map is mooving around when attempting to collect the nearby buildings by sweeping with the mouse.

Expected: When I click on a building with finished production and sweep with the mouse, the nearby buildings should be collected - and the map should NOT be moved.

I was not yet able to consistently reproduce the bug, but I think it is related to collecting and re-starting productions in production buildings and goods buildings. Sometimes I collect a few production buildings one by one to have a better control which one to collect first (for efficiently doing recurring quests), maybe this can trigger the bug?

P.S.: The bug exists since quite a long time (at least half a year, maybe more).

Version: HTML, 1.139.f366cd56fc (02.11.2018 11:23)

DeletedUser

Yes this has been around for quite some time but we have never determined the specific trigger. I still think it is related to collecting combinations of regular and special buildings, though I have never found the right combination of actions to consistently reproduce it.

DeletedUser7529

It seems it happens 5/5 if you do following:
1) collect recurring quest, choose a new one
2) swipe-collect few buildings (swipe works now after closing quest tab)
3) collect 4+ buildings by single click but fast enough, so you get coins/supplies in single batch
4) try to swipe-collect now - its now moving map after single collection

Artubar

Baronet
...didn't manage to reproduce on purpose, but it's an old & known issues with the HTML5 client.

Workaround until fix: Open & close quest sidebar, or click on the chat scrollbar.

Andi47

Overlord
It also happens in the Viking settlement:
* swipe-collected a few shacks
* production of my shrines finished
* attempted to swipe-collect the shrines --> it moved the map instead.

Edit: The workaround with opening and closing the quest sidebar also works in the Viking settlement.

Andi47

Overlord
Yes this has been around for quite some time but we have never determined the specific trigger. I still think it is related to collecting combinations of regular and special buildings, though I have never found the right combination of actions to consistently reproduce it.

Not necessarily combinations of different production types:

1.) collected a blacksmith, restarted 5 min production (for "forge of Blacksmiths"-quest)
2.) moved map
3.) collected and restarted another 5 min production of a blacksmith
4.) moved map to other side of city
5.) attempted to collect six blacksmiths - BUG: map moved instead.

DeletedUser

Not necessarily combinations of different production types:

1.) collected a blacksmith, restarted 5 min production (for "forge of Blacksmiths"-quest)
2.) moved map
3.) collected and restarted another 5 min production of a blacksmith
4.) moved map to other side of city
5.) attempted to collect six blacksmiths - BUG: map moved instead.

I tried this but it didn't work for me. I will keep trying it.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
I have this happen too, it usually happens if I stop and pick up an Incident while collecting. I have to refresh the page before I can sweep-collect again.

DeletedUser

We still can't consistently reproduce this or determine any specific triggers on it so am going to archive this again as the report is going nowhere at this time.
If anyone finds a way to reproduce this multiple times in a row feel free to open a new bug report with all the details, thank you.

DeletedUser9251

I have encountered this on numerous occasions in both live servers and beta. I have found a rather simple solution is to simply open and close the toolbox. This seems to "reset" the select tool by putting your city in and out of building mode, and allows the sweep to work properly again.