• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Move 'fragment items' to last pages inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornempire

Steward
Reason
Since the unfinished items are non-consumable, they should be the most difficult to get to.
Details
I first have to go trough over 30 items of unfinished fragment rewards. That's more then 5 pages. It makes no sense to have first 5 pages with unfinished fragment items.
Balance
Having the unfinished fragments OUT of SIGHT saves you several moments of outrage per day.
Abuse Prevention
No risk on that
Summary
Put the unfinished fragment items away from first and last pages of what you see in consumable items list, since they are not consumable.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
NO! I get crazy of those fragments! I try to not think on them
I am totally annoyed with the extra 'fragment' rewards introduced for GE V. When I go to 'consumable items' I first have to go trough over 30 items of unfinished fragment rewards. That's more then 5 pages. It makes no sense to have first 5 pages with unfinished fragment items.
The most insane ones are the ones which need 360 and even 720 fragments. 720 is insane. I have gathered 30/720, so it can take half a year to finish them.

So then my suggestion is: don't show those pointless 'not-yet-consumble items first 5 pages, but at the end. GET THEM out of SIGHT. To the back row, or even better: in the middle: why the middle: mostly when you like to check your inventory, you do that from the start or from the last page. Since the unfinished items are non-consumable, they should be the most difficult to get to.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
To split fragments alone into a separate tab especially on the mobile, current flexibility of inventory scrolling and searching everything in one place will go off. You may argue, how it was flexible. That's how it is. Mobile players are using fingers to touch and scroll, not using scroll bars with a mouse device like PC. Also, fragments are not too important for most of the players, and why to give importance like making a separate tab. Selection kits, upgrade kits are the main focus (instead of fragments, having tab for that gives better usability).
I use mobile myself too, I know it works. If frag are very unpopular, a dedicated tab will give a easier overview. Selection kits could still show-up on the top of regular inventory. Having frag. separated makes it easier to review them and ignoring them whenever you’re just reviewing the regular stock. Getting forced to brows through the entire inventory first to review the stock of frag, is simple massively inefficiently.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I use mobile myself too, I know it works. A separated tab is simple easier. Just tab on the tab and you get all the fragments. While you can scroll through the inventory to review what’s in stock. If frag. are the last in line, it’s rather inefficiently scrolling through tons of actual other items. It’s many times more easy and efficient to simple tab on a tab for frag to review them. While you can still can easily brows through the regular stock without frag either getting in the way or having to waste a lot of time browsing through everything if you want to review fragments stock.
Handling wise, it's a jumping behaviour. If you have fragments tab and you assemble one complete set of fragments then building needs to move to basic inventory tab. Since it is switch behaviour and if you assemble multiple set of fragments in a specific time, then each item need to append in basic inventory tab. Unnecessary headache and players need to keep back and forth approach. It's not flexible in this way.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Handling wise, it's a jumping behaviour. If you have fragments tab and you assemble one complete set of fragments then building needs to move to basic inventory tab. Since it is switch behaviour and if you assemble multiple set of fragments in a specific time, then each item need to append in basic inventory tab. Unnecessary headache and players need to keep back and forth approach. It's not flexible in this way.
Not really, behaviour can be like this: in the tab you assemble whatever you got sufficient frag of. You stay in that tab until your finished with it. Once your done and badly want to review what got assembled you can switch tabs. If it’s at the bottom of the regular inventory, you’ll be swung up in the inventory as a item got “added” to it. Than you have to browse all the way down. While with a dedicated tab it’s very easy and efficiently like I’ve described. While if you want to ignore them, they’re out of side, out of mind. Once you want to review them and assemble them, there listed all nicely together. No forced jumping back and forth.
Besides that, the approach with a dedicated tab for frag has been forwarded already anyways. Even with about 10x+ more support more or so. Either way it’ll be up for the devs to decide whatever they wanna do with it for QoL improvement for the game. Since ever more frag. gets added I think we can agreed that a QoL improvement regarding frag is urgently pending at the moment. When this idea/suggestion gets forwarded it should be a signal to the devs. That a change in managing frag is urgent for the QoL of the game.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Not really, behaviour can be like this: in the tab you assemble whatever you got sufficient frag of. You stay in that tab until your finished with it. Once your done and badly want to review what got assembled you can switch tabs. If it’s at the bottom of the regular inventory, you’ll be swung up in the inventory as a item got “added” to it. Than you have to browse all the way down. While with a dedicated tab it’s very easy and efficiently like I’ve described. While if you want to ignore them, they’re out of side, out of mind. Once you want to review them and assemble them, there listed all nicely together. No forced jumping back and forth.
Besides that, the approach with a dedicated tab for frag has been forwarded already anyways. Even with about 10x+ more support more or so. Either way it’ll be up for the devs to decide whatever they wanna do with it for QoL improvement for the game. Since ever more frag. gets added I think we can agreed that a QoL improvement regarding frag is urgently pending at the moment. When this idea/suggestion gets forwarded it should be a signal to the devs. That a change in managing frag is urgent for the QoL of the game.
QoL improvement to the game should suffice mere satisfaction to all players especially when a new changes is introduced. Doesn't need to worry about how many supported already. How efficient it will get delivered is the concern here.

First paragraph, it's very close to admitting the issue but you said like no forced jumping back and forth. Very much confused and you are well satisfied with that cluttered way of doing things in the inventory.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
QoL improvement to the game should suffice mere satisfaction to all players especially when a new changes is introduced. Doesn't need to worry about how many supported already. How efficient it will get delivered is the concern here.

First paragraph, it's very close to admitting the issue but you said like no forced jumping back and forth. Very much confused and you are well satisfied with that cluttered way of doing things in the inventory.
The support it received is a indication. Showing what is favoured more or less in an unbiased metric.

It’s rather confusing the way you’re bringing this. Having 1 tab under which all frag are stored allow full ignorance of frag, out of side out of mind, when desired the full fragments inventory can be reviewed at once. Assembling fragments won’t impact this. You will stay in the tab with fragments and can continue reviewing and assembling as you wish. It doesn’t throw you out of the tab with fragments into the general storage. If fragments are listed last in the inventory and assemble something, the inventory screen jumps up to the top of the list. Because an item gets “added” to the inventory. I’m clueless how that behaviour is better than having a tab under which can be switched to.
To me a tab is the obviously most efficient approach. For some reason you seem to think assembling something throws you out of that tab and switches to general inventory, which it doesn’t. While having the opinion that it’s better to browse through the entire inventory, assembling 1 thing, getting jumped up back up to the of the list and having to repeat browsing through everything again.

Regardless as I’ve said before and to what I think is most productive let’s focus on what we can agree upon. Rather than focusing on what approach we prefer. It’s up to the devs to decide what they deem the best approach to solve the fragments messing up inventory management.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The support it received is a indication. Showing what is favoured more or less in an unbiased metric.

It’s rather confusing the way you’re bringing this. Having 1 tab under which all frag are stored allow full ignorance of frag, out of side out of mind, when desired the full fragments inventory can be reviewed at once. Assembling fragments won’t impact this. You will stay in the tab with fragments and can continue reviewing and assembling as you wish. It doesn’t throw you out of the tab with fragments into the general storage. If fragments are listed last in the inventory and assemble something, the inventory screen jumps up to the top of the list. Because an item gets “added” to the inventory. I’m clueless how that behaviour is better than having a tab under which can be switched to.
To me a tab is the obviously most efficient approach. For some reason you seem to think assembling something throws you out of that tab and switches to general inventory, which it doesn’t. While having the opinion that it’s better to browse through the entire inventory, assembling 1 thing, getting jumped up back up to the of the list and having to repeat browsing through everything again.

Regardless as I’ve said before and to what I think is most productive let’s focus on what we can agree upon. Rather than focusing on what approach we prefer. It’s up to the devs to decide what they deem the best approach to solve the fragments messing up inventory management.
Getting rid of fragments requesting Dev's to implement a new tab is very obnoxious though manipulating good reason for inventory basic tab.

To create a separate tab, fragments are not that much important. Intention of asking a new tab is completely opposite to fragments. Why Dev's need to give special care only for fragments. Till today, options, boost crate, mass/self aid, supply/coin rush, those are filling up spaces in inventory. These items are atleast having a connection with AD but fragments nothing as such.

I agree to make fragments not to get disturbed in inventory but not in the way of creating a new tab as a mobile player.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Getting rid of fragments requesting Dev's to implement a new tab is very obnoxious though manipulating good reason for inventory basic tab.

To create a separate tab, fragments are not that much important. Intention of asking a new tab is completely opposite to fragments. Why Dev's need to give special care only for fragments. Till today, options, boost crate, mass/self aid, supply/coin rush, those are filling up spaces in inventory. These items are atleast having a connection with AD but fragments nothing as such.

I agree to make fragments not to get disturbed in inventory but not in the way of creating a new tab as a mobile player.
It's not obnoxious, you're suggesting that what got massive support and has been forwarded is hateful or antagonising... LMAO never heard anything so laughable inaccurate in a long time. If it was it wouldn't gotten the support it got. Also lacking any reasons or arguments for that statement, it falls apart on its own. Already by the objective facts alone.
Tons of players are getting annoyed by fragments specifically. Complains, salty and sarcastic comments are very common towards fragments. To the point that they're even a well known meme in the community. I'm baffled how that's something anyone hasn't noticed at all. The consumables are limited and often enough used. No one in the community has complained about them. They don't even have reached the level of annoying commonality that it shows up in common sarcastic meme like jokes. Poking fun out of something that isn't funny.

As a mobile player, I'm sure a tab will prove to be an effective solution. Browsing through the inventory till the bottom and then swung up when assembling something, like it's already doing, won't solve anything but makes interaction with fragments only worse. On top of that it's rather weird how all the sudden some got a problem with an already forwarded suggestion. While it was still open for discussion, no one called it obnoxious or mentioned to feeling that it'll be a problematic solution in any way.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Before you argue too much about details, I can tell you that suggestions like this one are rarely ever looked at as "do exactly this", but more like "players want this, because xyz".
Therefore the basic problem (too many fragments, cluttered inventory) of this suggestion has been forwarded already through other ideas and event feedback.

I'll close this thread now and treat it as forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.