• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Merge Fragments with normal items in inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Reason
More and more fragments clutter our inventories. This would remove a lot of items from there and making the inventory easier to navigate again.
Details
If you don't have fragments for an item, nothing will change. As soon as you get at least 1 fragment, you get a 4th button and a display on how many fragments you currently have and how many you need to assemble an item.
Clicking the new fragment button will open the menu to transform fragments into full items.
Balance
It will reduce the amount of items in the inventory.
Abuse Prevention
No.
Summary
Since we get a lot of fragments recently, another way of displaying them is needed, as they are displayed first in the inventory. This will solve this issue.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Visual Aids
old: [ATTACH=full]8825[/ATTACH]
new: [ATTACH=full]8826[/ATTACH]
As you can already read from the title I suggest merging the Fragment inventory item with the normal inventory item. This will result in only 1 item (instead of a separate one for a fragment).

Attachments

• Screenshot_1403.png
    Screenshot_1403.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_1401 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_1401 - Copy.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 53
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Even if it means grouping (via a "merger") the fragments with the article concerned, could we not also associate them between all the elements that go together?
What's the point of having lvl 1 of a building in one place in the antique shop, but grouping shards and upgrade kits in another place???

example for the archdruid hut, between lvl 1, fragments, level kits and "golden" levels, 4 slots for the same building.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
How the delete option works from this idea if the item is not locked?

Whole set will be removed rite.

If some changes introduced for deleting the main items and fragments separate, no issues with this idea.

So on that note, interesting idea proposed which I needed too, though missed one use-case, still gets my upvote. They can fix the delete as part of bug fixing once this idea gets implemented:cool:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Clicking the new fragment button will open the menu to transform fragments into full items
After taking care of merging the items, why still it comes back to players for conversion. If the fragments total reached, it can convert automatically the full set fragments to one full item and displays the final added count in the full item and display 0/15 (from given example in the idea) for fragments seems fine too. IMO, No need of fragments button with this merging plan.
(this idea came before I post mine since am still editing the visual aids in my laptop, since my proposal is very lengthy one, I was very late:()

Yes, needed changes for delete option. but there is a problem of making changes in the delete confirmation window. Because, if player opted to not see any confirmation window, they won't be seeing the changes.

Few choices to handle the delete option,
- If fragments available, clicking the bin/trash icon deletes the fragments only.
- If No fragments available, clicking the bin/trash icon deletes the full item count by one.
- Then how to delete everything, once fragments becomes zero, then nothing stopping us deleting the full items completely like how it is happening currently. (players need to delete twice in this case, if fragment available first delete fragments and then delete or reduce full items).
These choices are better to go with automatic conversion of fragments into full set item, because if no automatic conversion applied it may delete whole bunch of fragments available in the item.

Also, having a new setting like "Disable merging for reward items" may be useful if players want the old design approach.

As a corner case, taking for granted, fragments and full items get locked together. It won't be a much of problem because unlocking them, players can do whatever they want with the given choices.

Also reverse case also can be handled very well with this idea, which is, if there is no full item but having fragments for it, then it should display count 0 in full item and just display fragments count as it is.

Nice idea to get rid of fragments family:D from the inventory area!!

Think it would be more useful to just have a separate inventory tab for fragments.
Then they are all in one place and it de-clutters the main inventory.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
As long as you have full items, there is no need to remove fragments. if you have 0 items, you will delete the fragments with the same button, as if you would delete/sell the main item.
Also, having a new setting like "Disable merging for reward items" may be useful if players want the old design approach.
I don't like having too many options. It clutters things up. It is always best to introduce something without the need to offer the old one. This is also a basic game design "rule".
Also, having 2 options would mean, they would have to maintain 2 different things, which in return offers more room for possible bugs.
If the fragments total reached, it can convert automatically the full set fragments to one full item and displays the final added count in the full item and display 0/15 (from given example in the idea) for fragments seems fine too. IMO, No need of fragments button with this merging plan.
I thought of that as well, however there are cases, when you don't want to assemble an item. For example, if it is a building, it will be the age you have, when assembling. For some you may want to wait to reach a new age before assembling.

But speaking of that, I found another edge case: What about buildings with multiple ages? I would either add it only to the building with your current age (if you have none, new inventory entry with count 0) or simply add it to every one. The second option would however make it a bit confusing when using the fragments, as the count of the attached item does not increase, when you assemble the fragments (if not in current age). So, I would prefer the first option, even if it means it could potentially add more entries. But overall, it should still be better, since we don't have that many multi age fragmented buildings.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Think it would be more useful to just have a separate inventory tab for fragments.
Then they are all in one place and it de-clutters the main inventory.
Avoiding tabs for fragments is the good choice, because mobile app does not displays the inventory window with the tabs :(

nice2haveu

Baronet
add it only to the building with your current age
yes, it is the mandatory condition for fragments with this merging behaviour.
there are cases, when you don't want to assemble an item. For example, if it is a building, it will be the age you have, when assembling. For some you may want to wait to reach a new age before assembling.
Confused a bit, waiting with fragments doesn't do any benefits with building age shifting, since it will restrict to fragments received age only. Assembling the fragments in the inventory doesnt upgrade ages. For example, by having two druid hut level 9 like one in space age venus and other one in space age mars, you get fragments also with those two ages only. so by merging it, players will receive two items in the inventory instead of four, since golden archdruid fragments of space venus gets merged with druid hut space age venus full item like the proposed idea and same happens for golden archdruid fragments of space age mars gets merge with druid hut space age mars full item. It is only merging fragments, not the full items.

For example, by having two druid hut level 9 like one in space age venus and other one in space age mars, you get fragments also with those two ages only. so by merging it, players will receive two items in the inventory instead of four, since golden archdruid fragments of space venus gets merged with druid hut space age venus full item like the proposed idea and same happens for golden archdruid fragments of space age mars gets merge with druid hut space age mars full item. It is only merging fragments, not the full items.
I think, while explaining you mixed the archdruid upgrade kit full item and fragments in a confusion. Because, based on the example, druid hut level 9 space age mar full item needs to be kept in the city to receive fragments, then merging is for golden Archdruid hut upgrade kit full item and golden archdruid hut fragments in the inventory. There will be no connection with golden arch druid hut upgrade kit and normal druid hut full items if present in the inventory when merge action applied. I can sense it like a 'typo'. Tell me, If am not wrong.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I think, while explaining you mixed the archdruid upgrade kit full item and fragments in a confusion. Because, based on the example, druid hut level 9 space age mar full item needs to be kept in the city to receive fragments, then merging is for golden Archdruid hut upgrade kit full item and golden archdruid hut fragments in the inventory. There will be no connection with golden arch druid hut upgrade kit and normal druid hut full items if present in the inventory when merge action applied. I can sense it like a 'typo'. Tell me, If am not wrong.
Yeah, I accept the mistake. Keeping in mind like druid hut level 9 gives the fragments made me confused while clarifying. I was referring to golden archdruid hut upgrade kit only like instead of four, with the merge option it will become two. Thanks for pointing it out!!

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Would most likely remove the delete option once you have a full building there
I think you misunderstood, trash/bin icon displays for every full item in the inventory. Before this idea also that behaviour is present.

It's very clear, you forgot about the delete option playing all these years:D like why I need to delete the full item. But it is given as a feature for every item in the inventory. Who know, which player will use the delete option.

Emberguard

Emperor
I think you misunderstood, trash/bin icon displays for every full item in the inventory. Before this idea also that behaviour is present.
The delete option already gets replaced by the antiques dealer button on fully assembled items.

Only time under current mechanics you can delete something is if it can't be exchanged at the dealer

It's very clear, you forgot about the delete option playing all these years
Didn't forget anything. I'm aware the delete button is replaced on exchangable items.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The delete option already gets replaced by the antiques dealer button on fully assembled items.

Only time under current mechanics you can delete something is if it can't be exchanged at the dealer

Didn't forget anything. I'm aware the delete button is replaced on exchangable items.
@Emberguard, hmm Queen slaps me hard. I should have think twice.

Previous post confused me. I will re do the discussion.
Would most likely remove the delete option once you have a full building there
It's not mainly about full building deletion.

If some changes introduced for deleting the main items and fragments separate, no issues with this idea.
Fragments can be deleted in the game now. With this merging idea, how the fragments can be deleted if user wishes to do. So, requested the question, how the delete option works to see the use-case with the merging.

CrashBoom

Legend
Fragments can be deleted in the game now. With this merging idea, how the fragments can be deleted if user wishes to do. So, requested the question, how the delete option works to see the use-case with the merging.
now fragments are deleted to clean up the inventory

why would a player need to delete fragments in the new version ?
the inventory would then still have the same size (in items/pages) if I would only delete the fragments of something

Status
Not open for further replies.