• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Max Attrition you can beat

qaccy

Emperor
Considering just how high the enemies can go, I have to think that this means that, no matter what your boost is, you should be able to win battles all the way up to max attrition. You won't be able to convince me that your own military bonus actually matters when you're facing units that are over 7000% boost. Do you think having 700% attack bonus is going to make any difference compared to 0% in that situation?

Actually a pretty interesting post!

fights with Rocket Troops against steel warden is very easy. The enemy could also have a million bonus and would still lose.

qaccy

Emperor
fights with Rocket Troops against steel warden is very easy. The enemy could also have a million bonus and would still lose.

If you noticed, there are already a couple battles presented here against other units, and using other units. It's not just rockets v wardens.

Now, obviously this doesn't mean every lineup is possible to beat, but it's starting to sound like at least several of them can be beaten well beyond what one would expect when comparing military bonuses. I'd be interested to see at what point each lineup becomes basically 'unbeatable', at what boost level that is.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also keep in mind that it applies to both players and the enemy units. :p

It does make a bigger difference to the side that hits first (which should always be the player's in a manual battle). Dead units have no chance to deal double damage back.

Mostly though it's flyers and splash damage that makes certain armies (not all) beatable when way behind on boost. Rockets vs Wardens being the most extreme example (can win with 0% boost no matter what the defense boost is because you get 2 rounds of fire with splash damage before the wardens hit you at all). Flyers might be good enough against a 4 artillery defense with half the boost of the target. Stealth and to a lesser extent Contact! have similar potential in certain ages.