• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Mars colony in Ceres age - will it persist?

Andi47

Overlord
Will the Mars Colony persist in Ceres age (i.e. can we still reach it), and can we still fight for Mars Ore after reaching Ceres Age?

DeletedUser9851

Will the Mars Colony persist in Ceres age (i.e. can we still reach it), and can we still fight for Mars Ore after reaching Ceres Age?
Well it was announced a while ago that, as soon as a player would move to the next Era (Space Age: Asteroid Belt), then the Mars Colony would no longer be available for the player...now, what about the Mars Campaign Map? Logically, the Mars Campaign Map should still be available for a player that moved to SA:AB and, therefore, a way for a player to still get Mars Ore needed for SA:AB Research Tree for example :)

CrashBoom

Legend
logically they can't be require Mars Ore for SA:AB (in research or anywhere else)

because without Mars Colony you can't get credits
and a player who would fast advance without remaining credits would be stuck (or forced to use diamonds) because he can't get Mars Ore because how should he send the explorers ?

(but with remaining credits it could still be possible to gather mars ore for the reason of making the fights)

DeletedUser9851

logically they can't be require Mars Ore for SA:AB (in research or anywhere else)

because without Mars Colony you can't get credits
and a player who would fast advance without remaining credits would be stuck (or forced to use diamonds) because he can't get Mars Ore because how should he send the explorers ?

(but with remaining credits it could still be possible to gather mars ore for the reason of making the fights)
Precisely...but remember that the 1st SA:AB Research Tech is Mars Goods Synthesizing...so let's see what is in store for us! Also, the rumored Special Goods from 1 of the SA:AB Great Buildings might provide SAM Goods who knows? :p

for mars ore you need mars credits. for mars credits you need mars colony.

so if colony disappears, you can't make more credits and thus you can't get the mars ore anymore. therefore the mars map will be as useless as the rest of the maps :p

another question: will our mars credits be transferred to the new colony or do we start at 0 currency there again?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
will not be transferred

but did we start with 0 mars credits ?
didn't we have a few already to send the first explorer ?

I think we started with zero but the first house already unlocked. It didn't take long to raise the credits for the first explorer.

This question was answered as soon as SAM released, and is still answered in-game.
View attachment 4793

But "need" and "available" are not the same thing. Like, I don't need Vikings settlement now that I finished it for max upgraded Yggdrasil, but it is still available to me. Same way may go for Mars. Because you can only produce mars goods on Mars. If it's completely removed and unavailable I cannot produce it. Ok, I have Stargazer, but goods production should not be exlclusive to any GB or anything like that, but always be available through goods production buildings.

Secondly, assuming it is correct that we won't need nor have access to Mars (I can understand that the current Spaceport will only take us to a new colony as soon as it has been researched), then that would mean once I enter SA:AB, I will no longer use SA:M good in GE nor BG and I kinda have hard time to believe that.. What would I use instead? We always use current and previous era's goods. But if we still use them, then I indeed have a further need of that colony.

Innogames stated on the first day of SAM that the colony on Mars will be abandoned when going to the next colony.
Also, the first SAAB tech is called Mars goods synthesizing.

I don't see how this can still be unclear, tbh.

qaccy

Emperor
SAM goods are likely to be produced in the main city after moving beyond SAM. That being said, I don't see too many SAM players with VF goods buildings in their cities so I don't think it's too important on the whole to be able to have access to goods buildings.