• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Update Market trade limit raised?

Atokirina

Squire
Apparently, you can now place trade offers where you can offer up to 2000 goods and ask for up to 1000 on live servers?

I didn't see this change in the most recent update notes (I may have overlooked it).

In the past (at least 6 months ago) the limit was 1000 goods (supply and demand).

Now the limit of what you can offer seems to have doubled (from 1000 to 2000).
fOI2uJ8.png

Thunderdome

Emperor
I guess it's because there's a lot of players who have high amounts of goods made that they wanted to trade more to save on FP costs.

It's pretty cool, though.

Kempo

Merchant
The limit is and has always been that you can get only 1000 goods. But because of 2:1 trades you can give 2000 goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pretty sure it didn't work like that in the past, but maybe an official can confirm this?
Not an official, but I can confirm this has worked like this for a loooong time. (at least 5 years)

Back when the game was less powercrept and people actually made goods buildings, there was routinely a surplus of paper because it took less space and yet people expected you to treat all goods of an age as equal in trade so certain folks would mass paper production and I'd wind up with a huge stockpile of it clearing trades for guildmates and then try to clear it out for literally anything else. I'd make 2000 paper for 1000 whatever trades.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I seem to remember that there was a similar discussion in past and it turned out there was/is an inconsistency with mobile/browser - one allowed for the 2000 trades the other did not, but I am not very sure about that - was over one and a half years ago

Its not allowing me to put anything greater than 1000 in the trade window even for different ages goods, I'm on browser.

Would love additional zeros because I have 50k of each of my age goods and people want to be able to donate millions of medals to the guild at a time.

Kronan

Viceroy
Not an official, but I can confirm this has worked like this for a loooong time. (at least 5 years)

Back when the game was less powercrept and people actually made goods buildings, there was routinely a surplus of paper because it took less space and yet people expected you to treat all goods of an age as equal in trade so certain folks would mass paper production and I'd wind up with a huge stockpile of it clearing trades for guildmates and then try to clear it out for literally anything else. I'd make 2000 paper for 1000 whatever trades.

Agree. It's been at these levels for at least as long as you mentioned, if not longer. If they're at this level now, it's "status quo" for max trading.

I've talked about this before and will repeat: The game was designed initially with a balance on all fronts.... the 10 FP well, the 100 daily collect limit, etc. You all remember when a SoK was a POWERFUL building, and winning TERRACE FARM was as if you died and went to heaven.

But the "fiddling" going in with as the game grows keeps it out of balance. People back "then" made 200 FP a day in a collection and it was A LOT. Goods were used modestly, because there was a small negotiation "menu" for spending them.

But with the advent of huge event buildings, SC, HC, BG.... more, bigger, doubling, and the ravenous needs of the modern game (mostly for goods) to fund GbG... other things in the game that were in balance to the humble game beginnings - are not any longer.

SCALABILITY is important in any game, be it 5 or now 10 years old. FoE is missing infrastructure scaling, both strategic and tactical. It could use a dose of that with a review on things that are severely out of balance.

Koyaanisqatsi <--- 1982 film - Hopi Indian word meaning “life out of balance.”

HannahMecoe

Merchant
On my iPad I sometimes get 2000, but often not. I haven’t been able to figger out what arcane sequence of moves is required to access it.

Owl II

Emperor
On my iPad I sometimes get 2000, but often not. I haven’t been able to figger out what arcane sequence of moves is required to access it.
You can use it in any mobile version. Check the box "fair trade". Select the offered good. Then select the desired good. Enter 1000 in the quantity window. The game will set automatically the quantity of the offered good 2000