• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected make GBG feel more like gvg

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad2389

Viceroy
Reason
retain players from leaving game cause dev's deleated gvg
Details
https://youtu.be/5GPT7WrzCn4?t=10
Balance
none needed
Abuse Prevention
i don't think players could abuse this
Summary
https://youtu.be/5GPT7WrzCn4?t=10
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes , did'nt see it
Reason: retain players from leaving game cause dev's deleated gvg
Details:
Balance: none needed
Abuse Prevention: i don't think players could abuse this
Summary: make GBG more like gvg
pls players in other servers if you can re-post this idea in forums of all other live servers to get a max of support for idea

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

GateKeeper

Baronet
GBG is terribly boring. No skill, No fun. hopefully a serious discussion takes place soon. GVG 2.0 lets go

Few changes are inevitable!!

Once grandfather died, father will take full responsibility of the family. But no one can force father to perform every action same as grandfather.

Grandfather served the country very well. Here, no soul stone to bring back grandfather. It takes time to adapt for the loss. Everything will become normal soon.

Grandfather - GvG
Father - GbG
Country - FOE Guilds
Death - GvG removal

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
GBG is terribly boring. No skill, No fun. hopefully a serious discussion takes place soon. GVG 2.0 lets go
As a mobile player, we don't have GvG itself from the beginning. We are left with GbG only even though it is boring. Still playing the game for more than a decade on mobile.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Few changes are inevitable!!

Once grandfather died, father will take full responsibility of the family. But no one can force father to perform every action same as grandfather.

Grandfather served the country very well. Here, no soul stone to bring back grandfather. It takes time to adapt for the loss. Everything will become normal soon.

Grandfather - GvG
Father - GbG
Country - FOE Guilds
Death - GvG removal
You are trying little humour here, but hear me, they may get offended very much. They have a special bonding to GvG in the game, IMO mostly all the PC players has it like that. So, don't go very deep to try humour with the GvG.

Emberguard

Emperor
I don't think it'd have the effect you're trying to achieve. GvG worked as well as it did because it had a approachable hard cap on defending sector stats. You couldn't power creep your opponent out of the match. It only became unplayable due to the beaches allowing Guilds to lock out entire areas of the map from play

If you change Guild Battlegrounds to scale opposing armies based on what's in the Guild with no meaningful cap it'll only make any power gaps more obvious than what we're already faced against.

If we're making changes to it in a similar vein to that video, I wouldn't want it to be a copy paste of Ubers joke. It'd only work in that iteration if you have enough Guilds with matching power dynamics

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
I don't think it'd have the effect you're trying to achieve. GvG worked as well as it did because it had a approachable hard cap on defending sector stats. You couldn't power creep your opponent out of the match. It only became unplayable due to the beaches allowing Guilds to lock out entire areas of the map from play

If you change Guild Battlegrounds to scale opposing armies based on what's in the Guild with no meaningful cap it'll only make any power gaps more obvious than what we're already faced against.

If we're making changes to it in a similar vein to that video, I wouldn't want it to be a copy paste of Ubers joke. It'd only work in that iteration if you have enough Guilds with matching power dynamics
Uber had a nice idea not sure i'd want it exactly like his idea but anyways INNO never implements our ideas exactly how we ask for them and my general goal with posting this was so INNO implements a sink hole for troops

Arch1e

Marquis
GvG was a great feature for so many reasons that simply don’t exist in GbG. I honestly think that the better option for a GvG style feature now is actually in QI, where technically at least we could all battle it out against guilds of similar size in the later levels, provided there was a live element on a boss node somewhere (reach and defend the boss node against other guilds, maybe at set times, would require significant team work and a significant joint presence like GvG calc did). It doesn’t matter so much for guilds with fewer players but could be done anywhere, I guess, you’d just have to find a way of making all nodes open at the same or at least set times, and divide your resources accordingly.

shad2389

Viceroy
I honestly think that the better option for a GvG style feature now is actually in QI
reason why i'm asking for this kind of thing to be implemented is to have a sink hole like gvg was for all ages , in QI we don't use troops given by our Alcatraz and i think a lot of players don't like QI + it's not eaven close to give the same feeling as gvg , gvg had a lot of strategy in it and had an adrenaline rush type of energy to , in QI you don't fight against other guilds it's just against the AI no rush there no other guild can take a node from you realy far from gvg , QI would need significant changes to give that adrenaline rush and keep players like me hooked on FOE i personaly have droped my FoE playing time significantly at a point where i almost don't play anymore compared to when gvg was a thing

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What I personally liked was the essence of the way @UBERhelp1 joked how the %:att_def_defender_gbg: could be implemented. Although the hard minimum of 2.000%:att_def_defender_gbg: is imo too harsh it may could make sense depending on league. For example: copper 100%:att_def_defender_gbg:, gold 1.000%:att_def_defender_gbg:, etc. Another thing I liked was the idea of having it implemented like the old support pool but weakened the further away from the HQ. It would make it sought after and valuable. While not being a lazy repeat of GE5: just another coloured military buff used in a given map.
Though I could imagine it being better working in a way like the old support pool. Like provinces adjacent to HQ full %:att_def_defender_gbg: support. The 2nd round of provinces at 50% but perhaps lowered with every additional province by X%. For example -10%:att_def_defender_gbg:. The HQ adjacent provinces not included. For example 3 provinces 2 provinces away from HQ 2 extra provinces x -10%:att_def_defender_gbg: = -20%:att_def_defender_gbg: from the base 50%:att_def_defender_gbg: = 30%:att_def_defender_gbg: support in those provinces. So, if a guild is pushed back, its resistance increases. Making it progressively harder to push a guild back to their HQ.
To summarise my interpretation of how the essence can be held but made it more like a support pool:
Any province adjacent to HQ: 100%:att_def_defender_gbg: support (no penalties)
2 provinces away from HQ: 50%:att_def_defender_gbg: support
-10%:att_def_defender_gbg: support penalty for every extra province

This makes it more important to battle for the center of the map. While it's making it harder to pushing back a guild. Depending on how much they've collectively invested into %:att_def_defender_gbg: support. Personally I feel this is a way better option and something that would penalise younger players less. Than the way GE5 is structured. If GbG's %:att_def_defender: where to be a lazy differently coloured military buff. Would just take away all meaning of defending bonuses. I can definitely see it also be implemented with negotiations to be affected too. By behaving like the equal neg. multiplier as attrition would've been at the given %:att_def_defender: of the opposing armies in that specific province + regular attrition penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.