• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Macro Recorders in-game and support not doing anything

Luke Stark

Marquis
Hello,

because the polish support will not do anything for months now, I'm trying to bring this matter closer to those responsible for the game. You, my dear developers :)

How is it possible that after 4 months of cheating with program Macro Recorder in GvG on world F ( and many others on polish servers ) that particular guild is not facing any repercussions?

For months seasoned players have contacted support on countless occasions after noticing this particular guild is BRAKING THE RULES.
The only response to this was "we will take care of it" and.......

nothing, zero, the people using it are still using it, just laughing at our faces cause they know they cannot be touched. It might just be the case that one of their players is working for support, would not be the first situation for me in this game.

At the end, I really think You guys are ought to look just at the maps during fights and see for yourself, something is terrible wrong and none of your tools can detect it ( does not mean there is nothing going on, just that your tools are not perfect )

Either take care of the business or just pull the plug on GvG all together.

Please do not say "We will take care of it" cause we all, on the polish server have heard it enough times already. JUST DO IT!

Luke Stark

Marquis
we had a spy inside their guild, they teached him which program, how to use it, they used it while he was there, and that its completely safe cause support will not catch them and no, we did not send him to learn how to use this program, we do not use this as we feel that playing by the rules is the right way. Since the support did not do anything we had to put someone in their guild to dig up informations.

This is why we know exactly the name of the program, who exactly in the guild is using it, when and where.

DeletedUser9947

Unless they said all of that in-game, there's nothing you can do. Innogames already struggled with something similar in one of their games, where people would use AutoClicks (which is forbidden) and scripts that would do something in the game (for example, collecting resources every 5min, set another production of 5min, gather and continue the cycle over hours and hours while you're sleeping), imitating human behavior. The problem here is that there's no way to prove that they are using programs and, therefore, cheating. For the game, a human is doing those actions, not a program. If Inno decides to ban people based on 'theories' (even know they are true), those banned players would ask for proofs and Inno doesn't have them. Is like you send someone to prison without any kind of proofs besides 'person X said'.

Luke Stark

Marquis
Well the support has tools of their own, or at least they told us that, however nothing more. Yesterday support asked me when and where this situation can be seen, I provided them with sectors coordinates.

It is not just "person X said" every seasoned player knows it when he/she can spot it. The guild in question has a discord channel so nothing specific was written in-game.

However in our history in real world, many people ended up in prison in cases "he said/she said" ;]

DeletedUser

and today their standard answer....."we will look into it"

its a fight with windmills here in Poland I guess...

I can't speak to any issues on other servers as I am not involved with their support teams, nor do I have access to any of the details. So anything I could say would be mere speculation and serve no purpose.
If you have details of a situation here on Beta you believe to be some type of bot or script use, please send me the information through ingame support and I will investigate it and do everything I can within my abilities, and I will also pass the information along.
Unfortunately at this time this is the best I can do. If I had a button that would detect every bot and script believe me I would have used it long ago, but the reality is confirming these cases to justify any action we might take is a much more involved process.

vesgouo

Baronet
A few months ago the BR server launched a new world. It is also totally without supervision. Players doing exchanges between worlds, FP triangulation, etc. There are even players with dozens of fake accounts, shamelessly. Even with hundreds of complaints in support, from dozens of players, nothing was done. Complaints in the forum were simply deleted. There are entire guilds of FAKE accounts feeding a single player (the "leader" of the guild).
A single example:
lUFfhuY.jpg

sv6DLPj.jpg

Several players are feeling unmotivated, some even abandoning the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

There are entire guilds of FAKE accounts feeding a single player (the "leader" of the guild).
To play a bit of devil's advocate here, on my live world there is one guild known for having it's members occasionally change all their avatars to the same one and I've seen it done with another guild when a member passed away, they all took her avatar for a few weeks. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying same avatar might not make you correct. Other examples I've seen of fake account cheating were more obvious, you'd have people named byron 1, byron 2, byron 3 etc. You'd have 12 people with 0 GBs (yet event buildings from last year) funneling FP into someone with a dozen much higher level ones. In your example I see a level 5 Obs being the highest. I'm not saying it isn't happening there, I am saying if Inno goes around deleting anyones account who donates to someone else using the same avatar they are it's going to cause more problems than any cheating that may be occurring.

Luke Stark

Marquis
I can't speak to any issues on other servers as I am not involved with their support teams, nor do I have access to any of the details. So anything I could say would be mere speculation and serve no purpose.
If you have details of a situation here on Beta you believe to be some type of bot or script use, please send me the information through ingame support and I will investigate it and do everything I can within my abilities, and I will also pass the information along.
Unfortunately at this time this is the best I can do. If I had a button that would detect every bot and script believe me I would have used it long ago, but the reality is confirming these cases to justify any action we might take is a much more involved process.

Hey Zarok,

I've got an idea, I know the person that knows how to use the Macro Recorder, it's just a matter of finding someone here, to test it ( well thats BETA server for, right? : ) )

I would have to find someone here that plays GvG and is willing to try use this program, so spend some time on it. I am in the lowest age here on the beta server just for testing the events so can't really do gvg and it would a long time to get to a level that I could test gvg properly...

so if there is somebody that would like to test this, and You, Zarok, would ok that from the devs side, maybe when we give You guys a proper example You will be able to pinpoint the macro recorder being used quickly?

I mean, me and others from my guild would be happy to give You any informations, help, just so this problem can be resolved and not just put on a shelf marked "we will look into this"

let me know :)

vesgouo

Baronet
To play a bit of devil's advocate here, on my live world there is one guild known for having it's members occasionally change all their avatars to the same one and I've seen it done with another guild when a member passed away, they all took her avatar for a few weeks. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying same avatar might not make you correct.

The fact that they are all wearing the same avatar is only a small detail, but it shows how much the player believes in impunity

You'd have 12 people with 0 GBs (yet event buildings from last year) funneling FP into someone with a dozen much higher level ones. In your example I see a level 5 Obs being the highest.

This is the main fact. All "players" in this guild do not evolve their cities or their GB's. (They only focus on get shrines to produce more FPs.)
And ALL the PF's that they produce, are donated to a single player (who does not return). THIS IS the exact definition of PUSHING.

And the player makes no effort in trying to hide. All levels of all GB are leveled only by the fakes.
Thanks to this, he is the 3rd placed in the world.

That's just one of the clearest cases.
But there are many others, where the players themselves see several infractions clearly but even with several reports nothing is done

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I'm guessing this subject is not so comfortable for the devs? since there is no answer to my proposition ;)

Our CM answered you ;) :

NormaJeane

Viceroy
and to that one I have replied with a proposition from us, the players, to which I have not received and answer :)

:oops: You are right... sorry!
We prefer to let the devs do such testing, after all they are the ones looking into the bot issues and they are the ones that are constantly improving our filters to detect and prevent bots.

Developing and improving filters will however always take time - and yes: often more time than players would like ;)

Whenever you feel a bot (or other illegal software/script) is being used, the best thing to do is to create a support ticket, with all relevant information you have. All information accumulated from support tickets - as well as here on forum - with regard to such things is reported to InnoGames HQ on a regular basis.

Luke Stark

Marquis
Thank You,

we are providing support tickets with time/place/players using it for couple of months already and we hear the same explanation from our polish support team as now from You,

I guess this is an uphill battle then and no one from inno PL or HQ can provide ANY kind of useful information on it.

I hope You guys are testing this program and I hope You will once, finally, figure it out.

Luke Stark

Marquis
This really is not an answer people from our PL servers were hoping for, this will only make everyone using this program more safe and secure. There has been none action taken on the part of inno to catch the ones responsible for this....this is a sad day

Luke Stark

Marquis
My last post in this matter would be:

Please consider this Inno...

would You mind doing some scare tacticts and send, as You do with events or now with diamonds quantity change, a mass message to all players that You are aware of this issue, that You are working on it and all players that were using it and are using it will be punished according to the rules of your game?

please do check your monthly support ticket pool, this is a growing problem.