• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Lost Message

conqueror9

Regent
I have fp exchange agreements with other player

whenever i do a exchange
i drop them a note in my documents showing i donate fp
and
send a message ( it is a continue message ) to the exchange partners

Recently i find my message lost more often than b4
such that I have re-do my donation
e.g. I do March 28 donation , then i do message to exchange partner, and i drop a note
after
I do March 29 donation, i recall March 28 donation message and reply to that message as March 29, and i also drop a note

Sometime later, when i come back, i find it only show March 28 donation, but my March 29 donation is lost
it look it forget to send message, so i have to donate again

Because the occurance is "more occur" now
So i have to re-check message every time i send it out to my exchange partner
to make i do send message out
Just now, I login again
That "March 29 donation is lost again"
This look very surprise to me, i do re-check that message and stay a quite a long time b4 offline
That donation message is still missing

This occur in beta world and game world..making lost "lost a lot of fp"
could game developer "check what happen to their message system"

DeletedUser2752

I would send a ticket to support (right-click ingame and go to "Support"). If this is happening on another server, I would advise to send the ticket there as you will probably get an answer faster over there.
If I had to guess, it could be that your internet connection may have dropped when you sent the message...

conqueror9

Regent
I would send a ticket to support (right-click ingame and go to "Support"). If this is happening on another server, I would advise to send the ticket there as you will probably get an answer faster over there.
If I had to guess, it could be that your internet connection may have dropped when you sent the message...

internet connection is no problem as i still able to change to other game world or beta world

as it do not often happen
there is no way i can capture or experment thigns like that
Thereofore, it is impossible to send any ticket by saying my personal spreadsheet is different from message
game developer will consider too crazy as there is no evidence

If occur very often, i can just do screen capture and provide evidence

As it occur rare, those screen capture is very tired and time-consump effort, no tiem to do it

the case is a mystery and will remain mystery

i can still afford to lost 5 fp occasionly

i can only expect
although i write the message, i check it is there, sometime, it do not echo back to game developer 's message centre
so i lost that message in my next login

it is my bad luck day only

NormaJeane

Viceroy
It is indeed a mystery, but unfortunately one we cannot reproduce.

I guess the only thing you can do is to send support a ticket immediately after it happens again a next time, stating the time and to whom you send it.

DeletedUser

if I may comment.... wether or not the bug is there,I don't know, however...
you can fix this: keep a log of how many FPs you put where and make sure to include that info in the messages.
ie instead of the message saying:
"hey I put in X FP in your GB"
it should say:
"<date>, <GB>, <GB LEVEL> <FP ADDED TODAY>, <NUMBER OF FPs by me in the current level>"
ie.
"YYYY-MM-DD , Hagia, level 2, put in 5 FP, currently at 25 FPs"

this way you can keep track of how many FP per day you put in even if you lose one message in the thread..

conqueror9

Regent
i have my persoanl spreadsheet

I know i have put it

I send a message to other-side and show him i do donation

I am a good man
i will not suddenly send a message saying " message lost, i give fp b4...."
no one keep track of his GB situation every moment
if he spot the situation after i donate , but do not see any message to him
and
suddenly i send him a message like that and he do not see any increase in fp amount
he may think i am cheating...
i rather give more fp out than "become a cheater "

DeletedUser

i have my persoanl spreadsheet

So does the other guy, so, no he won't call you a cheater.

plus the extra layer of saying the number of fps currently in on every msg you send you even make it clear if the other guy is lazy and doesn't have a spreadsheet.

Andi47

Overlord
I also experienced this bug at least one time - with LOTS of messages in the list sometimes a message temporally disappears. After a reload the message is back again.

Andi47

Overlord
Maybe there IS a bug (at least a temporal one) with this:
Sometimes messages seem at least to temporary disappear, It happened to me a few days ago on de8 (1.30.24899 (16.07.2014 11:13), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 14,0,0,145, Windows 7, Firefox/30.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (352 MB VRAM)). I don't remember the exact way, how it happens, but maybe this helps with reproducing:
1.) have at least more than a page of new messages (say, somewhere between 7 and 12 messages) when you log in. (for testing and easier keeping track, you can e.g. send messages saying "Test 1", "Test 2", etc...)
2.) answer to quite a few (at least 5 or 6) of them, starting with the oldest message (to keep track, you can try with "Re: Test 1", etc.)
3.) and now try to find all of those messages, especially those which have slipped to page 2 or 3.

Maybe try with different settings, i.e. different numbers of new and answered messages, maybe don't anwer to one of the messages in the mid of the row, etc...

NormaJeane

Viceroy
By now, while paying extra attention, I also have noticed on a live server that sometimes messages disappear and then suddenly turn up the day afterwards... I have no idea as to what is causing this, but I have reported it to support and would advise anyone who is experiencing the same to do so as well on the server where they encounter this issue.

Andi47

Overlord
By now, while paying extra attention, I also have noticed on a live server that sometimes messages disappear and then suddenly turn up the day afterwards... I have no idea as to what is causing this, but I have reported it to support and would advise anyone who is experiencing the same to do so as well on the server where they encounter this issue.

Maybe this thread should then be moved back to the bugs section?