• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Login Fails at 71%

DeletedUser5115

For over 12 hrs login has been failing on Dunarsund at aprox 71%. This was also happening on Aravhall and Houndsmoor, but, with constant refreshing I can finally get on there, but, not Dunarsund. Even rebooted router to no effect.
Cleared Cache
Relaunched Browser to clear flashplugin

Windows XP
Firefox 52.2.0
Flash Player 26,0,0,131

DeletedUser

Can you try another browser and see if the same thing happens please?

DeletedUser5115

Just tried it with Internet Explorer, but, that won't even connect to FoE at all. Can access other sites with it.

DeletedUser5115

Chrome hasn't supported XP for at least a year and is not available to download for XP. last time I installed it when it was available it was as slow as a slug and virtually unusable

DeletedUser

That in itself could be part of the issue. XP is legacy software that even Microsoft no longer supports, and it can produce unexpected results with our game.

DeletedUser5115

It's very stable and was having no issues untill yesterday. I've seen other users with this issue although it's normally confined to phones etc. I'm wondering if it's to do with latest Flash update as I believe it started happening since then.

DeletedUser8128

I assume that FoE and the code using flash want to load "shared/icons/icons" at 71-73% , and that is not supported´respectivily blocked by the "local" enviroment/network. It doesn't matter which browser or flash-version you use, because "Elvenar" has a similar problem, but flash-games from other publishers not.

@Zarok Dai : I asked you about the same issue - in different words - several weeks ago in "[Feedback] - Ongoing Changelog w/c 8th May", because the devs have been looked in the Log-In-Process. You said, you "will try and find out, but I make no guarantees :)"

DeletedUser5115

I started a world on Elvenar last week to check out if the logon issues were there, but, not as yet for me. I did notice that trying to get to World Map etc. could cause it to stop responding so as an experiment I stopped my AV and tried agngain. Success! I then tried tolog into FoE. Again no problems.
So what could this mean? I'm running HTTPS everywhere and for my AV to scan HTTPS connections it has to put itself between browser and server. I can make an exception for the FoE URL, but, assets are being drawn from other Domains beside FoE such as fonts from some Google address. Although I briefly see these URLs on my Taskbar they are not there long enough and not the full URL so I can't make exceptions for them. My AV needs to decode these connections to scan them and the length of time it takes to do that and scan them looks like it may be causing a server timeout. In my opinion the hangs may be being caused by all these multiple domains that FoE (and Elvenar) are using.
One solution seems to be turning off HTPPS Everywhere in my browser and running without my AV turned on, but, I would rather leave Inno Games than lower my security to that extent.

RedRed

Viceroy
assets are being drawn from other Domains beside FoE such as fonts from some Google address. Although I briefly see these URLs on my Taskbar they are not there long enough and not the full URL so I can't make exceptions for them
If you have uBlock origin it gives you a nice log of all the assets loaded.

DeletedUser5115

Thanks. I installed uBlock a little while ago, but, didn't notice the excellent logger in it.ve now made exceptions for every domain in all my Worlds in my AV including Elvenar and it works. So far no failed logins or hangs when trying to get to other pages and the game has become far more responsive - that is until Inno decide to change domain for an asset server as they did for the FoE Beta site recently. Once the new URL is added it's back to responsiveness :)

Achaeus

Marquis
Thanks. I installed uBlock a little while ago, but, didn't notice the excellent logger in it.ve now made exceptions for every domain in all my Worlds in my AV including Elvenar and it works. So far no failed logins or hangs when trying to get to other pages and the game has become far more responsive - that is until Inno decide to change domain for an asset server as they did for the FoE Beta site recently. Once the new URL is added it's back to responsiveness :)

I am having this same problem, where did you create the exception? What is AV?

Never mind I found the problem ... AV - duh! Frustration levels are high today, lol. However, my AV was not the problem! My problem was windows has changed its settings.

Last edited: