• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: log display

kafidav

Steward
hello I have a bug for the log display I can not visit friends without the image freezes thank you in advance

DeletedUser

Can you please contact ingame support so we can assist you further. I don't think this is a widespread bug.

DeletedUser5882

I have been having pop up windows not opening issue for few days.

I am posting it here since I believe it may be related.

*The pop-up window actually opens, but it is impossible to see the contents.
*Happens for almost all pop-up windows (At the moment Inventory, Market, Town Hall / History log, Guild windows are displayed as in the picture) What is not being displayed can be different every time.
*When the pop-up windows are in this buggy state, while aiding or collecting sometimes the background color don't show and the numbers (of coin for ex) appear in a transparent light green hue only.
*No detected trigger so have no idea what causes it.
*Game needs refreshing to be able to see the pop-up window.
*No freezing issue. I can continue playing the game. However, not being able to see the content of the pop-up window naturally becomes a problem.

screenshot_Mon_Jul_02_19.10.19.jpg

1.130.a8d0ac144b (02.07.2018 9:20), Tiraje (96405), zz1, en_US, WIN 30,0,0,113, Windows 10, Chrome/67.0.3396.99, 1920x1080 (Fullscreen), OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5882

This is the screen I see when I return back from someone else's city.

Normally there should be the activity log being displayed (or a GB completion display) and I believe in fact that it is being displayed, but it has become transparent.
That is why I see my city overlapped with a shade that normally is the background color when a pop-up window is being displayed.

The shade disappears when I click the sides. Most likely because even if it is invisible, I am closing the history log display window. So in a way everything works just fine, with the exception of certain windows, or certain parts of some pop up-windows turning invisible.

Invisible history log on display
screenshot_Mon_Jul_02_19.28.28.jpg

After clicking the side of the game screen
(Received error notification here so had to upload on an external link)

DeletedUser

I still can't reproduce this. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

DeletedUser5882

I have been trying to figure out what I did different so that these odd things started to turn invisible.

That's when I remembered that I started doing aiding manually (by visiting the city, finding an available VF building and motivating/polishing it) to get VF goods!

I tested it today and I believe this to be the reason. I say "believe" because it is very difficult to find where the bug is appearing.
In my first try I couldn't find any invisible windows or items and decided to continue with my polivation business. That's when I saw or rather didn't see the coin and the 1 VF good floating up. Even though I had motivated a building I could not see the coin and the good.

Refreshed the game and went on with visiting cities.
This time the background of the floating coin disappeared.

Refreshed the game again. In my third attempt, I found the bug in the town hall window just like this one

The trader was similar

The guild window however was a different story.
When first opened, looked like this:

screenshot_Fri_Jul_06_20.20.59.jpg

Then after clicking profile it showed the normal profile page

But when I clicked the "members" tab, it started doing weird things.
First click, I got 6 tabs. The tabs doubled. Second click tabs are now 9 and so on..
After closing and reopening, it starts again with a null tab just like above and everything is repeated.
screenshot_Fri_Jul_06_20.20.07.jpg

So, in short this bug is related to manual aiding and/or collecting VF goods through aiding.

Haven't tested if the same happens after aiding a different era building so I hope someone can do that. (with and without collecting goods)

The actual problem is that the bug is not consistent. It appears in different manners and it is hard to detect it since almost everything needs to be checked (including aiding further to see if the coins etc are visible or collecting productions to see if the icons appear properly)

The only consistency is that it turns things or part of things invisible.

Edit: The quest window also froze (the lower two) during this process so that too may be related to this bug.

EDIT 2: Now I am less sure about the aiding theory.
It is possible that visiting a player's city or visiting+doing an action may be the trigger.
I just visited a city, checked the tavern and upon returning the inventory window turned half invisible again.
I refreshed, revisited the city and checked the tavern, same issue with inventory happened again.
But on the third try, the bug appeared somewhere else. So it the inconsistency continues.

1.131.e00be7fbfc (06.07.2018 11:13), Tiraje (96405), zz1, en_US, WIN 30,0,0,113, Windows 10, Chrome/67.0.3396.99, 1920x947, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5882

Final analysis;

The bug is directly related to visiting someone else's city!

The reason for the trigger not being easily detected is due to the inconsistent and random outcome of bugs.
Some of these issues are hard to detect and I noticed some of them by accidental clicking (like going to tech tree while trying to click the guild tab)

My conclusive finding for the trigger is; Visiting a city

As far as I have observed, the bug appears in (one or more than one) various ways as listed below;

• Blank pop up window
  • Half invisible pop-up window
  • invisible GB result window
  • invisible coins/goods etc (ie from motivation)
  • coins, goods, supplies etc with no background ie while collecting
  • Tech tree with tech slots but without connecting paths/arrows
  • The quest window freezing partially
  • No highlighting (ie while doing mouse-over on expansion in construction)

There may be other parts of the game where the bug appears that I have not noticed because I did not check every available feature of the game.

DeletedUser

Has anyone noticed this in just HTML5, or Flash, or both?

hddk

Steward
I think I have the same bug.

After visiting someone's city I can't open quests. Sometimes "Event" works, but "Story" and "Daily" don't. Some other time "Event" doesn't work. I have Inventory window like in post #3. And when I attack other player, I don't see unit's range.

I had to do a few battles today. After every battle and forced visit in someone's city I had to relog, because I didn't see ranges in next battle :)

Flash version.

1.131.e00be7fbfc (06.07.2018 11:13), hddk (168829), zz1, en_US, WIN 30,0,0,113, Windows 8, Firefox/31.0, 1440x809, DirectX9Ex (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

Schowek01aaa.jpg

Schowek02aaa.jpg