• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion List of elements that many players don't use. what could they be used for?

Dessire

Regent
Do you remember the big amount of posts saying that most of the items in the inventory were useless elements? elements that didn't let us (sometimes) find what we were looking for?

due to that (as I know) the antique dealer was implemented in Forge of Empires.

Many players, specially those in an advanced era such as virtual future, have a lot of population not being used for anyhing, the same for supplies (gold can be used to buy forge points), the same for blue prints and as a bonus, something that we can't use in any way and could be used in a good way to let Innogames earn more $ and to let us enjoy more our city in visual therms is the terrain around our city.

-supplies
-population
-blue prints
(bonus)
-the terrain around our city

what I can't understand is why Innogames has never done something to give them other useful purposes like:

-for supplies: decrease the cost of each forge point we buy with gold.

-for population: use some of it or all of it to accelerate or finish the producction of a great building or any building once per day. the required amount depends on the era where the player is. or maybe use it to multiply the final production of a certain building.

- blue prints: spend 100 blueprints of a certain great building (doesn't matter which of the 9 types of blue prints or could be 100 of each type of the 9 types) to level up 1 level that great building without spending forge points

-what about the terrain around our city? I always thought that let players buy and put cosmetics or even change the design of the terraint itself could be a good way to give more variety to all citys in the game, specially those one with a loot of event buildings.
can you image put buildings like these ones?:

or any type of natural element like lakes? waterfalls? mountains? or what about the possibility to move an expansion (like one in the center of your city) to one side to let that space (in the center in this case) available to put a cosmetic?

do you know another element in this game that a lot of players really don't use and if your answer is yes, do you have any idea to give it a better use?

Umbrathor

Baronet
- blue prints: spend 100 blueprints of a certain great building (doesn't matter which of the 9 types of blue prints or could be 100 of each type of the 9 types) to level up 1 level that great building without spending forge points
Since BP's can be amassed for 'free' with a high level Arc, this suggestion equals to: "Let players with high arcs level up their GB's for free."

That is true already, to an extent: arc higher than lvl 80 often make a (small) profit on fp's, so eventually they get enough free fp's to level their GB's.

Arc is overpowred enough as it is.

Also, spending 100 BP's for a level is much more profitable when that Gb is at a high level than at a low level. So there is a scaling problem with this suggestion.

Finally: there is no problem with having too many BP's. If there is no probolem, why solve it?

Umbrathor

Baronet
-for supplies: decrease the cost of each forge point we buy with gold.
If I understand correctly, this equals 'Make it possible to buy fp's with supplies'. Seems superfluous. If you had said; make it possible to exchange supplies for coins or goods, I could have understood.

Spending supplies to acquire goods at progressive cost, like fp's? Useless, since it becomes easier to get goods the higher you advance.

Spending supplies to speed up certain processes, like building time? We have diamonds for that. And tavern silver.

I could, however, see a use for spending extra coins and supplies to speed up the production of goods. That option does not exist yet.

Umbrathor

Baronet
-for population: use some of it or all of it to accelerate or finish the producction of a great building or any building once per day. the required amount depends on the era where the player is. or maybe use it to multiply the final production of a certain building.
I can see excess population resulting in a boost, similar to that of happiness, but for recruiting troops or producing goods, which require the most population. Production buildings do to, but they are boosted in many ways already.

It would have to be a small boost though: no more then one or a few percent off the time needed to recruite troops or produce goods.

shad2389

Viceroy
do you know another element in this game that a lot of players really don't use and if your answer is yes, do you have any idea to give it a better use?
water on GVG maps could have been used for Océanic GVG map but INNO stoped creating GVG maps

I can see excess population resulting in a boost, similar to that of happiness, but for recruiting troops or producing goods, which require the most population. Production buildings do to, but they are boosted in many ways already.

It would have to be a small boost though: no more then one or a few percent off the time needed to recruite troops or produce goods.
How about 1% reduction in all production times (including GB's) for every full set of spare population as many hands make light work.
If you have double the required population, one full set of spare people, then 1% reduction. Triple the required population equals a 2% reduction etc.

Dessire

Regent
How about 1% reduction in all production times (including GB's) for every full set of spare population as many hands make light work.
If you have double the required population, one full set of spare people, then 1% reduction. Triple the required population equals a 2% reduction etc.
Sounds very good! The amount of population you require to do that should depend on the era of the player maybe?

The elements that many players don't use change by era.
  • Supplies: In my case, Supplies were not used much (or I was getting more than the current needs) but since arriving to SAM era the Research Tree is asking for more supplies that I was producing.
  • Population: I have had extra population for many eras ago. Not seems a problem, enough happiness to balance.
  • Blue prints not being a problem specially with Arc at 80+ level. I may be a problem for a short time just for the newer GBs.
  • Expansions: Always needing more space. Solution: If no more expansions are available (research, map, medals, etc), then evaluate current buildings at city vs new ones from the building menu or at inventory and store or sell those with lower efficiency (according to your goals) to open space for better ones.
what I can't understand is why Innogames has never done something to give them other useful purposes like: -for supplies: decrease the cost of each forge point we buy with gold.
  • Well, decrease FP cost (coins) would make the game easier, right? A no-no / DNSL.
  • Not sure why mentioning the FP cost in coins vs the supplies? you suggest to be able to buy FPs with supplies?
can you image put buildings like these ones?:
  • Great designs. will love to have some of those or similar ones
what about the possibility to move an expansion (like one in the center of your city) to one side to let that space (in the center in this case) available to put a cosmetic?
  • Again, moving an expansion currently placed at the city will make the game easier. A no-no / DNSL.
  • For example, you want to build something, but new building(s) not fit in current space available, moving an expansion would be much easier than remodeling the city, shifting around dozens of buildings (or all of them) to find a new layout providing the space required in the shape needed.
  • I would support a change that would allow to change the expansion location when originally placed, before anything is built over it. Like an "undo" option. Similar to an "are you sure?" question to confirm expansion location when placed. It would be a one time opportunity to fix a mistake when placing the expansion.
My Arc (level 86 if I remember correctly) has over 200 BPs at each slot, that suggestion would allow me to add 18 levels to the Arc without a single FP spent, for levels that require thousands of FP/level. Then, it will start BPs filling them again. In a few months I could again jump 10 or more levels without FP cost. Too good to be true, not counting to do the same at Cape Canaveral, Chatteau Frontenac, and at ....

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My Arc (level 86 if I remember correctly) has over 200 BPs at each slot, that suggestion would allow me to add 18 levels to the Arc without a single FP spent, for levels that require thousands of FP/level. Then, it will start BPs filling them again. In a few months I could again jump 10 or more levels without FP cost. Too good to be true, not counting to do the same at Cape Canaveral, Chatteau Frontenac, and at ....
I have over 2k of each Arc plan. 2000. Times 9. So 180 levels for me with snap of my fingers - and I am not among biggest whales in the pond... Stupid idea.

what about the possibility to move an expansion (like one in the center of your city) to one side to let that space (in the center in this case) available to put a cosmetic?
Reading that again... and assuming that the possibility of moving an expansion was given,..
  • If the Player selects an expansion from the center of the city (I assume it is empty before the move) and
  • move it to a location around the borders/sides,
  • then the space at the center becomes an empty slot ready to place a new expansion, not to place any cosmetic item.
  • That center place would be equal to those locations around the city that have not an expansion placed on them yet, nothing can be done at those locations.
You cant move an expansion and still be able to place things (even if only cosmetic) on the previous location. Think of an initial city of 16 expansions. Move all of them and still have the 16 expansions area at the center plus the 16 new places where the original expansions where moved? Continue moving the 16 expansions until all available city grid is covered?

Space limitation is part of the game, space is the most important resource to be managed in the game, more precious than diamonds or FPs.

how about a gems mine for the antiques dealer? more population sent to it = higher chance of finding gems, and perhaps a higher number of them too. but... sending all my 300k free citizens to a mine would be barbaric perhaps ;)

Roches

Farmer
What about trading in blueprints for a specific slot? We can already trade 2:1 for a random blueprint. That’s an 11% chance of getting the desired piece. It could be possible to trade a larger number of BPs for a specific piece. I think between 8 and 10 to one would be reasonably generous, and 16 to 18 to one is still potentially cheaper than 2:1 random pieces. Those costs seem about right when weighed against 200 diamonds.

It’d need to be possible to select the BPs to be traded in from more than one slot. Optionally, players could trade BPs from other GBs at a rate of 3, 4 or 5 to one per era. That would create a purpose for BPs for GBs a player never intends to build.

Optionally, players could trade BPs from other GBs at a rate of 3, 4 or 5 to one per era. That would create a purpose for BPs for GBs a player never intends to build.

That would reduce drastically the difficulty to complete a 9 BP set.

Besides, the DNSL says: " Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules). "

Last edited: