• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Level 2 GBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy.

Farmer
Reason
Due to the age of the game and the addition of new ages, GBs, event bldgs, etc., late-game cities are running out of real estate. Inno has introduced rogue and wishing well shrink kits to free up space. They need to continue this trend.
Details
Since only end-game players need to worry about exhausting available real estate, GB shrink kits could only be used after a GB reaches level 100. The GB's could still look the same but be a little smaller. For example: The 7x5 Arc could be reduced to 6x5. Fragments of the GB shrink kit could be given as rewards as are other shrink kits.
Balance
I don't see a negative impact to the current game play. The positive impact is that senior players will recoup some real estate that they can use for new event bldgs or new GBs. It will give advanced players another incentive to keep playing. I am assuming that Inno wants late-game players to keep playing.
Abuse Prevention
Having a level 100 GB restriction will prevent younger players from accessing too much real estate for their age. And if an intermediate player is able to get their Arc to level 100, they deserve to get the 5 extra spaces.
Summary
End-game players may have exhausted all available real estate and have been forced to sell buildings to make room for new event buildings, GBs, etc. New worlds will open; new buildings will be created. The easiest way to free up real estate is to shrink bldgs. Getting a GB to level 100 should be momentous. Adding GB shrink kits makes sense.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
The closest previous suggestion was to create a multi-storied Mall building to store smaller buildings. My suggestion is much more reasonable.
Inno should create shrink kits for GBs; similar to rogue and wishing well shrink kits.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Inno should create shrink kits for GBs; similar to rogue and wishing well shrink kits.
I do not understand.
On my live cities, I produce more than 1,000 FP, I have 1,500% attack, I harvest more than 1,000 goods per day and I have 200 empty spaces to validate them faster.
The biggest problem of the "lack of places" is either the poor management of some, or that they always want more.
So question yourself instead of always asking for more.

Mitos

Squire
it is simpler to create a GB that have addition (3rd) space\dimension\shadow zone of city with amount of space hexes = to level of that gb
with some ability to move buildings in that dimension
maybe with different time speed in there, maybe with some other features (maybe 2 gbs - one for space, one for time, maybe 3 gbs - 3rd for conversion rate of goods\fps\bonuses that transferred back to normal dimension....)
but we will not have any of that
and inno do not like "new GB" suggestions
they know better how to mess up with people :)

CrashBoom

Legend
great idea

but should be for level 200

most top players already have many GB at level 100+

because nobody goes for level 200
they all think: better 20 at 100 then one at 200

but then players would have a reason to go for 200

Getting a GB to level 100 should be momentous.
not it isn't anymore
it is already normal

5 years ago it was momentous

if an intermediate player is able to get their Arc to level 100, they deserve to get the 5 extra spaces.
actually the only thing a level 100 deserved is getting 1.92 rewards (and a few extra guild good) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
we should just add a GB with the ability "4D space folding", which allows us to build on unlimited extra space (which you have to buy with fp, diamonds and coins ofc). ofc this will not happen either :p

Ironrooster

Baronet
I think this is a bad idea. This game is management of resources of which space is one. Deciding what to include in your city is a big part of it.

I disagree with the 100 (or 200) level requirement. This feature if done should be available for everyone.

I think the feature if done should only be available when you reach the age for the building, i.e. The Arc shrink kit is available only after reaching Future Era.

Since shrinking the building is a rebuild, I think this feature should require restarting the building at level 1.

I think this is a bad idea. This game is management of resources of which space is one. Deciding what to include in your city is a big part of it.

I disagree with the 100 (or 200) level requirement. This feature if done should be available for everyone.

I think the feature if done should only be available when you reach the age for the building, i.e. The Arc shrink kit is available only after reaching Future Era.

Since shrinking the building is a rebuild, I think this feature should require restarting the building at level 1.
Certainly the available space is a game element. Inno currently brings us 9 events a year with buildings of 4x6, 5x6, 3x7, a new age with a GB 4x5 or more. Unfortunately, there are usually only 6 extensions 4x4. As a result, you have to constantly change buildings or not play in the event at all. Only enter the event to sell profits at AD if I can't buy anything at AD due to lack of space. It all makes no sense and is no longer fun.
Your suggestion to start again at level 1 after shrinking a GB is a joke. That would be pure employment therapy.

Yes, space should continue to be a limiting game element, but there should still be an incentive to play the events and to be able to build up the winnings.

CrashBoom

Legend

I disagree with restarting at level 1

and you are against a level requirement but for an age requirement
so how can you say it should be for everyone :rolleyes:

a player can reach level x. a player can reach age x

First of all,
  • a new name for this feature (if it is ever implemented) is needed.
  • All GBs have a Level 2 already: Level 0, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3.... Level 80th... Just need FPs to reach new levels.
Second:
  • All players may have space issues, not only those at the end of ages with all expansions available already placed.
  • Option is to set priorities on what to build/keep at city, and what to remove/delete from it to use the available space as efficient as possible according to the Players goals, strategy and available buildings at inventory.
Third:
  • Shrink kit for GBs like reducing a 7x5 to a 6x5: Interesting
  • But I think it is contrary to one of the main strategic aspects of the game: Space Management. Most GBs are big, each Shrink Kit would give two or three times the space than a Wishing Well or Fountain of Youth Shrink Kit, or the mere 2 tiles of space that a Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit.
Fourth:
  • Missing a Poll to cast votes.

Last edited:
I may agree to limit the Shrink Kit to those Players that have reach the Age of the GB, but not with the requirement to restart at Level 1. Who in his sane mind would pour to the trash 80 or 100 levels of FPs to restart an Arc for just five additional empty tiles of space ????

Other option could be Shrink Kits from BA to Colonial Age GBs would be available at Colonial age, not before. then new ones to be released by Era of the GB.

I agree with @Deadpool. In my FE main city I usually visit my neighborhood when it resets. I am amazed at the number of cities that I find with goods and supply buildings along with multiple barracks. I always ask myself "why"? Of course, these players are space challenged simply because they haven't figured out how to gain efficiency. Shrinking GBs to provide more space to players like this seems a waste of time. Sure, like everyone else, I'd like to have more space but I really don't need it. Just my .02.

Willy.

Farmer
I understand some players want a more difficult challenge and dealing with severe space restrictions is such a challenge, but the amount of real estate in the game was based on a smaller game. The game continues to grow and the real estate needs to grow. Although some players will enjoy the challenge of building the most productive city with a limit of 50 bldgs [number is for example only], that isn't this game and isn't desired by most players.
There are many ways to play this game. Some people aren't trying to be efficient, instead they are collectors and want one of each GB. Or they are traders and want to produce extra goods. Some are boost collectors and they can never have enough Carousels. The point is if you like the challenge of space restrictions, don't use shrink kits, but don't force your playing style on all players. The success of FOE is due to many things, one of which being the flexibility to be a fighter, trader, collector, or efficiency expert. Happy gaming everyone.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
As you move forward in life, you have more and more friends but you don't enlarge your house...
Certainly Inno offers us more buildings than space, but whatever the way of playing, we all have to make choices and assume them.

If you want to push back the available space, you will never have enough of it, you might as well ask to be no longer restricted and you will see the birth of cities with 5,000% attack, as much in defense, 3,000 PF of daily production, ... and thus you will kill all the fun of the game.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Following your logic, Inno offers us 10 events per year + 1 colony, so there would be room for an average of 330 more spaces per year (11 x 5 x 6) or 20 annual expansions.
It would become anything!
Where would your limit be?
Where would each player's limit be?

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Don't think we need this. If you are really out of space, age up or sacrifice other buildings.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
People build Great Buildings because they already condense a lot of space into a much smaller space. If they didn’t then no one would build them in the first place. Adding a shrink kit would greatly changes the balance by condensing it further.

There may potentially be a couple Great Buildings that could benefit from a update (of some kind) due to power creep and becoming outdated *BUT* it would be a terrible thing for game health if this idea were implemented on Great Buildings that are still in their prime or heavily utilised as those buildings simply don’t need a shrink. It would also impact any future changes in the game as once shrunk you can’t remove a shrink feature if something needs a rebalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.