• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Just an idea to shorten some descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeVee

Squire
Reason
It shortens the descriptions and make it less confusing
attack for defensing army
defense for attacking army
Not many countries have two separate armies. A soldier oh no i cannot defend... i'm just an attacker
Details
Descriptions can be shortened to
Army defense, Army attack
Police defense, Police attack
Balance
Balancing is not jeopardized
Abuse Prevention
No abuse possible
Summary
Keep it simple
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Other suggestions were made to deal with descriptions that are not completely visible in popups
I would suggest to
call "attacking army" simply "Army"
call "defending army" simply "Police"

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, it is quite simple and I don't think anyone has problem with it.
But admit that "Attackers Power" :att_attacker: or " Attackers Strength" just sounds better than " Attack for Attacking Army" :att_attacker:. :D
Or at least "Attacking Army Strength / Power", "Attacking Army Resistance"

BeeVee

Squire
So it basicly comes down to this:

In the current wording, there are 3 words (army, attack, defense) to describe 4 things (attack for AA, defense for AA, attack for DA, defense for DA)
The introduction of a 4th word leads to much shorter descriptions.

Attack , defense, resistance and strength is nice, but introduces 2 new terms (resistance, strength) and gives another meaning to defense.
It would make the descriptions slightly shorter.

The system that I suggested, introduced 1 new term (Police was just an example. It could also have been SWAT, QRF or militia, ...) and kept the meaning of the 3 existing ones.
It would make the descriptions considerably shorter.

CrazyBoy08

Farmer
What about changing the words by symbols (if only A for AA : :att_attacker:, if only D for AA : :def_attacker:, if both : :att_def_attacker:, if only A for DA : :att_defender:, if only D for DA : :def_defender:, if both : :att_def_defender:, and if boosts for all armies : :att_def_attacker_defender:)
That would be more simple, and also replace the word "fragments", for example in GE, by this symbol : :fragment:.
It may be more difficult for those that don'tt know the name of some buildings, and change "store building", only by this symbol : :storebuilding:, but for simple things like fragments (which are increasing), or boosts, I think it's a good idea

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot forward this as it did not get the required amount of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.