• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Is Tower of babel really a "great building"

DeletedUser1526

When I look at the tower of babel, to me it seems more of a curse than a benefit building.
With the Tower of babel you get increased population and an amount of goods each day.
For me the increased population seams to me, more like a disadvantaged than an advantage in the long run.
Because you will only have to build more buildings that bring happiness, witch mean you loose space in your city.
Anyone else has a thought on that?

DeletedUser

It depends a lot on play style. That's the part I liked about designing the Great Buildings - you can choose the ones you are in need of.

Some people have a lot of population left over already, for them the tower is not useful (beyond producing goods). Others (military players mainly) will welcome any increase in population.

Similarly, some people have a lot of coins, so for them it would be a waste of space to build a Great Building that boosts coin production.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Yeah but I don't know why my the tower of babel for me is military boost not population

DeletedUser2752

Think about the other benefit, instead of using population for a goods building your getting it ;), but I do see your point

DeletedUser

Four Gambrel Roof Houses = 1036 Population & 6480 gold
One Level 10 Tower of Babel = 1140 Population

So square-for-square it gives more population than the best population giving house.

One porcelain manufactory = 25 goods per day (2 x 8hr, 1 x 4hr is realistic) at a cost of 24,000 gold and supplies.
One level 10 Tower of Babel = 18 goods of your current age per day.

So you get: more population than the, current, best-population house; zero-cost goods; and the goods production automatically upgrades to the latest age.

I'm not saying it is the best GB but I don't rate it as the worst and the gold four GR houses produce (even if they are motivated) is less than you would save on the cost of an equivalent amount of CA goods.

Last edited by a moderator: