• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Is it time to re-skin St. Basil's Cathedral?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Russia's invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine I think that INNO should make the symbolic gesture of changing out St. Basil's Cathedral (which, ironically, commemorates the end of another war). I'd wager that the devs have a bevy of alternative skins that could be used. No changes to the GB's benefits need be made, only it's name and appearance.

Owl II

Emperor
Is it not enough for you they have violated the Ukrainian flag? Now you want to abuse the Orthodox cathedral? Did you not know that Ukrainians are mostly orthodox? Why this virtual vandalism?

Finkadel

Marquis
Given Russia's invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine I think that INNO should make the symbolic gesture of changing out St. Basil's Cathedral (which, ironically, commemorates the end of another war). I'd wager that the devs have a bevy of alternative skins that could be used. No changes to the GB's benefits need be made, only it's name and appearance.
What would you propose it should show instead?

I am all about Ukrainians, I'm Pole and never trusted Russian government, but I don't think buildings are to be blamed... I say firm "no" for abusing political correctness...

Though I am somewhat glad that monuments of "great" red army are finally removed in my country, never again should we praise them. They are clearly the case where cure was worse than a disease...

-Alin-

Emperor

If you have the SBC in Your city, the best thing You could do is to delete it :)

Is it not enough for you they have violated the Ukrainian flag? Now you want to abuse the Orthodox cathedral? Did you not know that Ukrainians are mostly orthodox? Why this virtual vandalism?
I guess that I really hit a nerve. This was not my intention. However, you should check your history. St. Basil's was confiscated by the Soviets in the 1920's and is presently owned by the Russian Federation. Except for a single weekly service it is a Cathedral in name only. Suggesting that replacing it in the game is hardly "abuse" or "vandalism" of the building itself.

CrashBoom

Legend
Your sarcasm wasn't lost on me the first time around. :cool:
NO SARCASM

if you want discuss morale in history then let's do it correct :rolleyes:

only because you now want to feel good you want to do something ONLINE where it doesn't matter

what did you do when you heared about the child abuse

if you want to make the world better do it in the real life and not removing a building from an online game

Status
Not open for further replies.