• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

iPad version

conqueror9

Regent
I just see in Game World

It look to me
FoE is available in iPad shop

unfortunely
i do not have iPad

Last edited by a moderator:

conqueror9

Regent
Game world already announce
FoE can be download from Apple .....

Question:
(a) do beta world available ?
(b) should beta world test Ipod b4 release to game world ??

DeletedUser2752

Question:
(a) do beta world available ?
Cant be sure yet. Only have a Nexus :p

EDIT: It's a no for now according to the announcement
(b) should beta world test Ipod b4 release to game world ??
It was released earlier (to a specific location/country or something because I never saw it) and was tested by other players then I guess
(c) Emulating iPad on Windows is cheating?
I don't think that would be cheating (it's not breaking any rules per say). Do you expect it to be more efficient on there? Or are you talking about a Windows phone? (which I thought could actually run FoE)

RedRed

Viceroy
I don't think that would be cheating (it's not breaking any rules per say). Do you expect it to be more efficient on there? Or are you talking about a Windows phone? (which I thought could actually run FoE)

Thanks for replying. On my National Server someone has noticed a mission that gives 85 diamonds if you access the game via iPad. Someone replicates that this is discriminant, so another player has suggested to use emulators to by-pass the issue and get the diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

Just a note: there is NO app for beta, and these features are missing:
Events (eg. Easter, Summer)
GB functionality
Message Centre
Guilds
GvG

Stingy

Squire
Just a note: there is NO app for beta, and these features are missing:
Events (eg. Easter, Summer)
GB functionality
Message Centre
Guilds
GvG

Finally the FoE app is there. But, if you don't put in the full functionality, then what is the point...
The aim is that we are able to play FoE on any device without being held back by the device.
So, come on devs - work on the iPad app and make it fully functional. AND have all the servers available.
Aren't we here in the Beta world ideally placed to work with this app... :)

DeletedUser2752

Finally the FoE app is there. But, if you don't put in the full functionality, then what is the point...
The aim is that we are able to play FoE on any device without being held back by the device.
So, come on devs - work on the iPad app and make it fully functional. AND have all the servers available.
Sorry, I forgot to add that all features are aiming to be implemented, but those are just missing for now

DeletedUser

I must say that I do not like that they added the "iPad-login"-mission in one of the ordinary quests slots. What about people that don't have an iPad? Now they can just have 1 active (ordinary) mission running untill they log in on a friends iPad or they have to abort it... Can't you please put the mission on a separate slot? :)

conqueror9

Regent
OMG

They release IPod version in beta

"OMG" is because "game world release earlier than beta world"
do beta world is still functioning a test of new feature b4 those feature is formally release to game world ??

aliatela

Merchant
AND have all the servers available.

I agree with Stingy, gamers from the beta server should also be able to use iPad app and play this game on other devices.

DeletedUser47

I agree with Stingy, gamers from the beta server should also be able to use iPad app and play this game on other devices.

You might know that features are often released on Beta earlier as on the live servers and that the app may break if these features are not part of it at that time. If you also know the approval process by Apple you will release that the app cannot be released at the same time as the Beta server is updated. Also, Apple doesn't allow any Beta in their apps and thus adding the Beta server to the market list would be a very high risk of the app not being approved.

conqueror9

Regent
you might know that features are often released on beta earlier as on the live servers and that the app may break if these features are not part of it at that time. If you also know the approval process by apple you will release that the app cannot be released at the same time as the beta server is updated. Also, apple doesn't allow any beta in their apps and thus adding the beta server to the market list would be a very high risk of the app not being approved.

bad apple !!

DeletedUser

I'm a bit confused to why you didn't develop the iPad and android version simultaneously? A large part of the crowd actually uses android, and sadly it's really disappointing for us to not be able to use the app aswell :(

conqueror9

Regent
I guess
game developer's staff(s) use iPod, no game developer's staff use android...

they need a staff to get a android ...b4 .......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DeletedUser2752

I'm a bit confused to why you didn't develop the iPad and android version simultaneously? A large part of the crowd actually uses android, and sadly it's really disappointing for us to not be able to use the app aswell :(
They are both being developed. My guess is that the mobile developers have had more experience with creating apps for Apple compared to Android, or it's just quicker/easier to make one on Apple.

DeletedUser

They are both being developed. My guess is that the mobile developers have had more experience with creating apps for Apple compared to Android, or it's just quicker/easier to make one on Apple.

Yeah, but I mean that they should have balanced the workflow so that both versions could get released at the same time :) So if the iPad version was easier for them to develop, they should put less people on that version and instead focus more on the Android version, so that they got done at the same time :)

conqueror9

Regent
Yeah, but I mean that they should have balanced the workflow so that both versions could get released at the same time :) So if the iPad version was easier for them to develop, they should put less people on that version and instead focus more on the Android version, so that they got done at the same time :)

if that can be done
we do not have any bug in this game

design and testing time are , all, un-predictable

u can ask them to hold "i-pod " version until "android" version completed

but u cannot assign work-force b4 u start
pre-assign work-force is only work on known procedures of a completed element
u can base on current working time and prcess and item to re-assign work-force

even a small things, it may involve end-less workforce and time if it a newly element under design process