• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Inventory Management

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Having just done some remodelling on my beta city, I'm currently a little more aggravated than usual of the process of getting multiple things out of it:

1) open inventory
2) either scroll multiple pages or click on the search box and enter a search term
3) select item, place/use it, goto 1

I had to do it 9 times for my colossus base and upgrades so far, 12 times for my classical garden pieces, 8 times for rogue hideouts and shrink kits, and a few more times for odds and ends. I'm still considering doing it 20 more times for reno kits for some of the stuff that was already in my city.

This brings me to multiple suggestions to streamline the process:
1) When you open inventory back to back, some features of it should be persistent (current search term so you don't have to keep re-entering it to find your colossus pieces or set pieces, current page # in the event someone doesn't use a search term)
2) When you open inventory, focus should switch to the text box to eliminate an unnecessary click before typing (where else in that window would i want to enter text?)
3) (and this one i've seen mentioned multiple times before) : Many more items should have the same treatment aid kits got where you get to keep using them without going back into inventory. i.e. i scarely ever want to use *1* upgrade kit. So let me just keep applying upgrade kits til i either say to stop, i'm out of valid targets, or i'm out of upgrade kits.
edit:
4) add additional text strings that get searched by the search term. Include: Set, building type, selection kit contents and the new subfields of those contents. I'd like to search "Cherry" for cherry blossom pieces, or "Residential" to look through a list of residential buildings in inventory.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

I like the idea, it can be Very time consuming searching for items. Also as you say, using an item which you have many of and having to go through the whole process over and over.
Even worse sometimes i page through multiple times looking for something i Know is there but cant seem to find.

DeletedUser9410

I would like to add to this idea.
When i do my collections, i figure i might as well use those coin and supply boosts i have, so obviously i go into my inventory, click the relevant boost and then get kicked out of it.
I then have to start all over with the next one, and if i wish to use a self aid kit i have to do it all over AGAIN .
You should remain in your inventory when using these type of things until you finish and manually exit.

DeletedUser

And add a favorit store tab, an empty store room where u can put things in that u know u will use.
If i want to build the colossus pick the upgrades for it and add an option to move all upgrades to the favorit storage tab in one go, and then u can pick them one by one from that storage tab/slot

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And add a favorit store tab, an empty store room where u can put things in that u know u will use.
If i want to build the colossus pick the upgrades for it and add an option to move all upgrades to the favorit storage tab in one go, and then u can pick them one by one from that storage tab/slot

Or just clear out all 5 storage tab´s and give them numbers from 1 to 5

Tab 1 Everything we get from the game goes here.
Tab 2-5 empty tab´s that we can fill with what we want from tab 1 (and we should be able to move stuff/ things around between the other tab´s as well)

The 2 tab´s with goods and BP can be removed we got the new icon in the top of the browser for goods, and BP can be seen from the building menu.

Emberguard

Emperor
The 2 tab´s with goods and BP can be removed we got the new icon in the top of the browser for goods, and BP can be seen from the building menu.
Then you don't know fully how the new icon works. Click it. We still need the goods tab. It was not designed to replace the inventory but compliment it. As to BPs, I would prefer to still keep it in inventory

DeletedUser

Then you don't know fully how the new icon works.

And u dont think that the new tab could be changed in the same go :)
It takes u direct to the tab with goods (that tab should not be deleted but just removed from the inventory menu, and replaced with a new empty tab)

Edit: And they could make a new icon i top of the browser that takes u to the BP storage.

Thunderdome

Emperor
+1 from this gent.

Since, I had to spend time in going back and forth through my inventory if I wanted to use the same thing over and over again, it has become tedious for me. This idea would be great to see implemented.

I would also like to see a "use multiple quantities/all" feature that will allow us to use the number (or all) of items in one go as a "delete multiple/all" feature when it comes to deleting multiple amounts of items that have no use but is cluttering up the inventory.