• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Inequal Happiness provided by Cultural Buildings (Inn/Marketplace)

Jules

Squire
Hi,

I have now researched the accommodation-technology which unlocks the inn, the inn takes 3x3 squares and provides 460 happiness, which is less than the marketplace (540) and the public bath (640).
The marketplace can be unlocked way earlier and provides more happiness for the same size and is in fact more powerful and makes the Inn useless.

The Inn's values should be adjusted, so that it fits into the time/money/squares ratio, as until now, I haven't seen any inequalities like this for any other cultural building.

DeletedUser

Good to know that Jules but can I ask what are the costs in coin and tools for the Inn are they considerably less / more than the high cost in tools for the Marketplace?

Just thinking if they are considerably cheaper than the marketplace then perhaps that is why the happiness is also lower as they seem to be the same 3 x 3 size

And I agree if this is the case then perhaps they should be earlier in the research tree than the marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Squire
Yes, they are cheaper, (I think a little bit less than half what marketplaces cost), and this is probably why the inn provides less happiness, but in the state I am currently (which should be the one in which the average player that unlocks this technology would be), I don't mind to pay for an expensive building, as I currently also have the economical infrastructures to get the money I need. And a cheaper building, which is weaker than my others will still be useless.

DeletedUser

Yes I have to agree with you there and being in what I would say is a similar position in the game (having temporarily at least ample coin and tools) while waiting for more map expansion (Provinces) to become available and therefore the need for more troops and can for now concentrate on producing goods needed for later unlocking of the research tree

From what you say there doesn't seem to be any point in bothering with the Inn unless of course coin and tools are a limiting factor in purchasing the marketplace or at some future point the Inn may be reduced in size to either 3 x 2 or 2 x 3 or even 2 x 2 and perhaps moved before the Marketplace in the research tree. I've yet to unlock the Inn myself but will do so within the next 48 hours. So will have a closer look at it then.

DeletedUser

As an extra note to this puzzle and possible wrong positioning in the research tree the "hedge with flowers" that unlocks simultaneously with the Inn is also less (in cost/supplies/ happiness) than the "floral bush" which I believe unlocked with The Marketplace and the pond earlier in the research tree.

DeletedUser

I do like the inn to be hosted. I had to choose this noon between the inn and buying some other buildings. Then the inn was 100% better then the marketplace even if it did give me less happiness.

I take the lower happiness for granted because its cheaper. I think its ment to be this way.