• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: [HTML5]Unable to copy and paste messages using right-click

• Thread starter DeletedUser4295
  • Start date

DeletedUser4295

Reproduction Steps:
In the HTML5 version:
1. Open a message thread and highlight some text
2. Try to copy the text using right-click (this is Ctrl-click on my Mac)
3. The contextual menu does not appear, and the text cannot be pasted into the message field.

Issue Description (10/10): 10/10
In the Flash version of the game, I am able to copy and paste text from all or part of a message in a thread by highlighting the desired text and right-clicking (this is Ctrl-click on my Mac) - this brings up a menu which allows me to copy the text. I can then right-click in the empty message field below and right-click (Ctrl-click) again. The same pop-up menu appears and I can paste the text into the message. This feature is extremely useful, particularly when I want to add some text to the end of a pre-existing message, as it saves me having to type out the whole message again. [Using the standard copy (cmd-C) and paste (cmd-V) shortcuts in the Chrome menu does not work for this task!]
Although this works fine in Flash, it does not work in the HTML5 version.

Player: killer851
World: zz1
Operating System: Mac OS 10.13.6 (Flash 30,0,0,154)
Browser Version: Chrome 69.0.3497.81
Viewport Size: 1346 x 713
HTML5/Flash: HTML5

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes - there is another issue concerning right-clicking that has already been reported to the developers, so it may be that these two issues are connected.

DeletedUser

This is not a bug. It is due to HTML5 handling right click functionality different than Flash does. You can still copy and paste using <Control>+C and <Control>+V.