• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: HTML5 still can't use CTRL A/C/V ????

DeletedUser4674

Why won't you fix that ?
I means that if you have a big message you can'y copy paste it at all when using a PC.
This is a BIG problem, but i guess it is not big enough for you to do something about it, why ????
How can you launch HTML5 on the main servers, when it is not working properly ??
This has been a major problem for at least 1.5 years, an you have done NOTHING about it at all ?
Is this not a problem, do you think ? and when will you fix it ?

PS: I can see all my posts have been deleted about this issue, why ?

Greetings from:
Not a happy player any more after 5 years of playing this game :(

DeletedUser4674

Well lets say I have a message like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold jer til listen - følg den - hold den opdateret.
TJEK lige KC inden du lægge. Ingen % bagved navn = 90%
Mig1234 - Fyrtårn 1 og 2 klar RAH 1 og 2 klar, Terra 3. klar
Strudsen - Den Blå
Silver - alca - arken
Karsten - Terra - AO
Pedelarsendk - Terra 4 - AO
Goldwell - Hagia . Aachen Terra
Old fart bob - Zeus . Aachen. . CC . Kraken
Lars Licht - CDM
Jack the Great - CDM. - Zeus Deal Castle
hkb500 - AO , Ark
Brutus - Zeus - Tempel
Tommy - Terra - - Frøbank - CF
Magna - Arken - CDM - Tempel
Anna den Hårde Terra .
Stof (86,5%) Arken
JesperBreth (84,5%) Arken
Magnus den Hvide20 ( 84%) arken
Muller77 - Aachen - Terra

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is the whole text, then I want to CTRL + A so i mark the whole text, this IS NOT working !!
You can try to copy the text in your message, send it to a friend and see if he can use CTRL + A remember to copy it all, and then tell me if u can mark the whole text with CTRL + A ?? u cant !!!

I have just tested it with a friend (he is using HTML5) IT IS NOT working CTRL+A Try it.................
you can not copy the whole text, and there is no way to mark the whole text with left click on the mouse and hold it down, while marking the text, cause the text box is not showing the first 5 lines or so...................

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
Ctrl-C/V(/X) works fine, Ctrl-A too - if you're in a text box (messages, profile) or text field (chat, search fields).
You can't Ctrl-A an already sent (or received) message, but selecting via mouse works fine there. The only exception are long texts which don't fit on one screen - but then you don't have them every day, and you can copy in multiple steps.
(But selecting such a message by Ctrl-A didn't work in Flash, too)

NB: The one thing that really annoys me with HTML5 editing keys is that Pos1/End act as Shift-Pos1/End and therefore selecting the whole text between caret & start/end. Quite often that I accidentially overwrite my text... -.-

Emberguard

Emperor
Is this with a normal mouse when clicking on the text box? @pedelarsendk

Strudsen - Den Blå
Silver - alca - arken
Karsten - Terra - AO
Lars Licht - CDM
hkb500 - AO , Ark
Brutus - Zeus - Tempel
Anna den Hårde Terra .
Stof (86,5%) Arken

tjiret tjoetjolt extra's added here for copying purposes

^ result of Ctrl A/C/X/V in the text box

Manually typed the following and then used Ctrl C
manual typing. Here we go

tryewot
tewtwe
gut9tkr
random arc
htjrodj
tujrjr
ghjirolghjirohlkr
hrklhklh;uo;
hjiljhfhfririt
dynamic tower is awesome
so is the sunken treas
blah blah blah

lets see what we have here
ththttjt

thejeoeoendfnksf
ugrihgriorg
rtuhrghgtjhgr
ghurghugroueg
grhugekhgrtjhlk
tuirguhghe
ghghurghurgihrgihgr
hjgrhjrghigrirg
jhrgjhrgjhgr
jgrjgrjgrjn

Last edited:

DeletedUser4674

Forget the mouse, it is CTRL+A that does not work !!!
why cant you not see that ?
@Exegghead:
You can't Ctrl-A an already sent (or received) message, what what what ????? is this the issue with HTML5 ?????????
The only exception are long texts which don't fit on one screen - but then you don't have them every day, and you can copy in multiple steps.
(But selecting such a message by Ctrl-A didn't work in Flash, too) -------- yea the text i posted earlier worked fine in flash..................

DeletedUser4674

Is this with a normal mouse when clicking on the text box? @pedelarsendk

Strudsen - Den Blå
Silver - alca - arken
Karsten - Terra - AO
Lars Licht - CDM
hkb500 - AO , Ark
Brutus - Zeus - Tempel
Anna den Hårde Terra .
Stof (86,5%) Arken

tjiret tjoetjolt extra's added here for copying purposes

^ result of Ctrl A/C/X/V in the text box

Manually typed the following and then used Ctrl C
manual typing. Here we go

tryewot
tewtwe
gut9tkr
random arc
htjrodj
tujrjr
ghjirolghjirohlkr
hrklhklh;uo;
hjiljhfhfririt
dynamic tower is awesome
so is the sunken treas
blah blah blah

lets see what we have here
ththttjt

thejeoeoendfnksf
ugrihgriorg
rtuhrghgtjhgr
ghurghugroueg
grhugekhgrtjhlk
tuirguhghe
ghghurghurgihrgihgr
hjgrhjrghigrirg
jhrgjhrgjhgr
jgrjgrjgrjn

I dont undersstand what u want with this ????
it is in the game not here on the forum...................... try to CTRL+A the text i posted earlier IN THE GAME message... you cant mark the whole text ???? why not ?????

DeletedUser4674

Yes, that's what I meant. It's what I wrote in game, and the result ingame of copy paste

Dont write it in game, copy it and send it to a friend then you cant mark the whole text using CTRL + A
IT wont work INNO will not fix it. I dont understand why ?????

DeletedUser

IT wont work INNO will not fix it. I dont understand why ?????

There is no doubt that text handling functionality in HTML5 is different than in Flash. We knew this would happen from the beginning. However, it is not technically a bug at this time.
Yes as far as game design it would be nice if this could be improved over time, and this may happen in the future, but in the grand scheme of things it is not considered a priority at this time.
When I hear any updates concerning this I will let you all know, thanks :)

DeletedUser4674

There is no doubt that text handling functionality in HTML5 is different than in Flash. We knew this would happen from the beginning. However, it is not technically a bug at this time.
Yes as far as game design it would be nice if this could be improved over time, and this may happen in the future, but in the grand scheme of things it is not considered a priority at this time.
When I hear any updates concerning this I will let you all know, thanks :)

It is sad it is not a priority, our clan use it every day to help boost our Great buildings, and it is being changed like 20-30 times a day with just a number after the name of the building.
You don't think it is a bug, I do... imagine microsoft, if they made office without CTRL + A that would be a scandal.
Imagine this forum if you could not use CTRL + A it would be worthless.
No programs ever written, where there is a text forum or such, has that problem, CTRL + A always works.
There is a reason for that, 1 of them is to save time NOT to write the whole text again every time :/

angelgail

Baronet
It is sad it is not a priority, our clan use it every day to help boost our Great buildings, and it is being changed like 20-30 times a day with just a number after the name of the building.
You don't think it is a bug, I do... imagine microsoft, if they made office without CTRL + A that would be a scandal.
Imagine this forum if you could not use CTRL + A it would be worthless.
No programs ever written, where there is a text forum or such, has that problem, CTRL + A always works.
There is a reason for that, 1 of them is to save time NOT to write the whole text again every time :/[/QUOT

angelgail

Baronet
I had to deal with this in all my live servers tonight im not happy as I had just got them the way I needed them for work, an this thing don't work had to unablel in all the worlds even here it here just to play.this game is what I do so fix it please.an yes sometimes I do spend money on the live servers bring back flash.please an thank you

Emberguard

Emperor
bring back flash.please an thank you
Flash hasn't gone away it's still there.

Aside from which it has nothing to do with InnoGames. The creators of Flash has scheduled it to no longer be supported come 2020. All the web browsers have also transitioned for this change.

It's like the old pre digital televisions. You could still make and buy analog tvs, but the signals needed for it to work at all no longer exist. At best your analog tvs might be able to be turned into a monitor, but they can't be used as tv's anymore