• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: HTML5: Memory leak when visiting taverns [46583]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) reload
2.) visit the taverns in your friends list where possible (via the tavern button in the social bar) (I also clicked all the aid buttons)
3.) check memory use
Observed: in my Chrome browser, the memory use raised from 2 GB before (I have to admit that i had lots of tabs open at that time) to more than 5 (FIVE) gigabytes; polivating and visiting became quite laggish towards the end
4.) reload
---> Memory use was back to 2 GB
Note: Afterwards I aided my neighborhood via aid buttons, memory stayed between 1.8 and 2 GB, so I think I can pin down the memory leak to visiting the taverns.

Issue Description (10/10):
Visiting taverns via the tavern buttons in the social bar eats up lots of memory - it raises with a delta of more than 3 gigabytes when I go through my friends list (having 140 friends)

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

HTML5/Flash: Important: Please let us know whether you are using the new HTML5 version of the game, or the old Flash version!
1.120.d5fbae73e0 (09.02.2018 8:25), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WEB 6,5,0,0, Windows 10, Chrome/63.0.3239.132, 1920x949, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM) (HTML5-Version)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

BTW: I hope, this time it will NOT take five years to find and fix the memory leaks, as it was with the flash version!

DeletedUser

I did a full Aid/Tavern run. Started at 2.9 gigs and ended at 4.8. Not as significant as your results, but not good either way. I will report this right now. As always, thanks Andi :)