• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: [HTML5] Issues rendering interface components [51010]

• Thread starter DeletedUser9165
  • Start date

DeletedUser9165

Starting today the whole window is showing issues with rendering the interface. The ground and buildings are properly rendered, but the top bar, it's buttons, the bottom action bar, as well as any dialog elements are not rendered at all. Yesterday it was still working. Last login was around 10-11pm local time (GMT+1).
The issue is restricted to the beta server, on german live servers anything is still rendered ok and working as always.
I cleared the cache and restarted chromium to see whether it solves the issue but it didn't. The screenshot below is showing the viewport.

Update: Seems like the forum doesn't accept PNG images, but JPEG do work. Here's the screenshot finally.

beta-rendering-issue-20181009.jpg

open

Player: Zoldar
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Gentoo Linux
Browser Version: Chromium 69.0.3497.100
Viewport Size: 1920x1080
HTML5/Flash: Using HTML5 version

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Can you try another browser and see if the same thing happens? It's all working fine on my account.
Has anyone else experienced this today?

DeletedUser9165

Tried firefox-62.0.3, but the same result. Only one small difference. On the left, where quest givers are usually shown, firefox renders a brown empty square at the size of the icons for the quest givers.
BTW mobile app still works fine.

DeletedUser

I tried both of your cities and everything displays correctly for me. So there must be something unique to your 2 cases that is causing this to happen.

DeletedUser

If anyone else is experiencing this please post your details here, thanks all :)

DeletedUser9165

Today it's working again o_O

1.138.d9c517f003 (10.10.2018 9:20), Zoldar (183895), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Linux , Chrome/69.0.3497.100, 1920x1080, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser9165

It's even worse today. The screen is frozen, I cannot move the screen with the mouse, clicks don't do anything and there's no bars or other interface elements at all visible. Again, german servers are working well, as does the mobile app on beta.

If you need any more info, don't bother to ask.

hujjik

Squire
I have the same problem, but in anoher window. It is in Market window, but only when I click on "Select a good". Then game freeze.

1.138.0cf8aa86592 (11.10.2018 9:20), hujjik (147150), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Firefox/61.0, 1680x910, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser9139

I'm not sure if it is the same, but it sounds very similar.
Today I logged in after a while and I cannot do literally anything. There is no interface at all, I can't collect, I can't move, zoom, or anything else.

This is a screen of what I see:
Screenshot_20181012_221939.jpeg

Chrome Version 66.0.3359.170 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux.
At the moment I cannot try another browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is in Market window, but only when I click on "Select a good"

We hot fixed this today, and it affected all dropdown menus in FireFox :)

I'm not sure if it is the same, but it sounds very similar.

This appears to be something related to Linux players, in fact you are only the 4th report I have about this. We are looking into it to see if we can find the issue. If you know how to use the dev console in your browser it would be helpful to get that debug information when this happens. If you are unsure how to use the console in browser please contact me through ingame support and I will assist you, thanks :)

DeletedUser9139

I was thinking about something "linux-only" as well.

Attached is a log saved from the console (if it is what you are looking for :) ).

Attachments

• zz1.forgeofempires.com-1539468865684.zip
    1,002 bytes · Views: 4

DeletedUser9165

This is the log file as saved from within the console using Save as... Please contact me, if you need more info, or any commands evaluated from inside the console.

Attachments

• FoE-console-log.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 2

DeletedUser9165

Just tried it again, and now it's working again. Loading graphics and bar are showing up, moving the in-game screen works, dialogs, clicking things do perform the correct action. Didn't find anything which was not working at a short test.