• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest How about a building upgrade that eliminates the need for a road

Status
Not open for further replies.

OQay

Farmer
I suggest having a special upgrade that can be applied to buildings to eliminate the need for an adjacent road.
Or alternatively it could make a 2 lane road building work on a 1 lane road. A second upgrade could then make it require no road.
Most likely it would be a permanent non-removable upgrade. But perhaps for a cost it could be removed and used on a different building as the player moves up ages.

It would make is easier to use those occasionally "road" orphaned spaces.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser7959

Almost everyone uses http://foemanager.com/city-planner/ to rebuild their cities. So I think it won't be implemented in the game. :rolleyes:
// If for any other servers you can download your own city, for the beta you will need to build it manually and save the template for the future. :)

OQay

Farmer
I was not aware of that city builder link..clever. It appears to pull your city layout from the server, but not push changes back. Is that true? If it can't push, then you still have the problem of clearing space first before reorganizing. But it certainly helps.

DeletedUser7959

In the builder you can roll back your changes by deleting buildings or reopening the template without saving (so you will start again). As for the city, yep, it's a problem. You need to have some free space or buildings that you can easily delete (anything from building menu: residential, production buildings etc.).

DeletedUser8859

"I suggest having a special upgrade that can be applied to buildings to eliminate the need for an adjacent road."
Buildings? Any type of buildings? Which buildings would be upgradeable with this new item? The mechanics of the "updated" building will require change to be able to work roadless as a decoration or watchfire.

DeletedUser

how about a 3-lane-road in the next era

because roads are the challenge of the game
how to design it best way

OQay

Farmer
In response to Vader:
Probably not GBs. But any other building. Of course, it would need to be a rare item, otherwise there would be no need for roads at all, which would take away a strategic aspect of the game.

Another variation on the idea might be that instead of an upgrade you get a rare item called a "Subway" which is a short straight length of road that can pass under existing buildings to connect another building to the existing road. This would accomplish the same thing. Giving you the ability to place a building behind another building without a direct road connection.

DeletedUser8859

In response to Vader:
Probably not GBs. But any other building. Of course, it would need to be a rare item, otherwise there would be no need for roads at all, which would take away a strategic aspect of the game.

Another variation on the idea might be that instead of an upgrade you get a rare item called a "Subway" which is a short straight length of road that can pass under existing buildings to connect another building to the existing road. This would accomplish the same thing. Giving you the ability to place a building behind another building without a direct road connection.
Prefer the Subway idea, however that would mean that two objects (subway line and building) would be sharing the same space. That would be something totally new to program.

DeletedUser8406

Like now is no need for decorations and culture buildings because there are such buildings in sets and happines is produced by GB too.

DeletedUser8859

i like you keep a Graveyard, specially the Necropolis at my oldest / more advanced city at EN4 Dinegu. It serves to mark my time at the game since I won the first Graveyard on my first year and upgraded one level each year until the Necropolis was released last Halloween event. Also I keep special decorations marking accomplishments like the Swords decoration given when the point system was changed, and the Pillar when defeated the Barbarians. But those may return to the inventory when a Watchfire or victory Tower claims the 1x1 tile being used.

But I agree, GBs and set buildings / special buildings get Cultural Buildings obsolete / not needed. After that the regular residential buildings may be the next ones to disappear. Then goods buildings and supply production buildings, depending which GBs are built / leveled high enough. At one city I only keep Champions Retreat and Rogues Hideout for my Alcatraz, no other military barracks. The rest of the army comes from GE or quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.