• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

House Buildings: Sell and Rebuild or Overlap the Existent

DeletedUser3536

Hi,

I have a simple question I could not find searching in the forums.

While progressing through the Ages, what is the best approach about House Buildings? Sell the old ones, from previous Age, and rebuild the new one or overlap them, by building the new house in the exact same spot the old buildings are?

This question came from the fact I could not notice if when overlapping the old House Buildings the sell price is being deducted or not from the new building costs.

If the supplies/gold required are NOT being deducted, then I should sell them first, otherwise, doesn't matter. :D

DeletedUser929

there is no difference in price as the sell value gets deducted from the purcasing price, so overlapping is the way to go as its less clicking. You do need to have the full amount before you can begin so may need to sell a house to have the correct amount from time to time

DeletedUser740

I noticed that the only time it's not in your best interest to overlap is when a quest calls for a residential building to be erected. I tried that with the overlapping and it didn't register. Likely a bug, though. :p

DeletedUser3536

I appreciate the answers and another thing I have noticed is we must have available at least the number of villagers provided by the build we want to overlap.

Of course you, veterans, already know that, but once more novice players will come, it's good to let this clear.

DeletedUser2752

It's literally selling the building, and building a new one over it except that you don't have to worry about the extra clicks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3567

People building houses in the Industrial Age won't be able to simply overlap a new house over the old one because the new houses are larger. 3x2 instead of the old 2x2. People that built houses side by side are going to have to delete 2 houses to make room for 1 IA house.