• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Vincent van Gogh

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8822

Please, rather make it 3 FP for the 1d reward and 3 (EMA) medals for 8h reward. Because medals are utter crap in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But hey, maybe I also get some tips what do to with medals, since I won't use them in GE anymore and they turned off possibility of donating them to treasury instead of goods and since I am a mobile player, no GvG for me (and my guildmates are also not interested in GvG at all).

DeletedUser8899

Hi !

3x2, as a sky watch, depending your connections it’s like it, or twice better, and if you don’t sleep a lot it’s three time better !
If you dont want medals, dont put 24h productions, and then it will become a SW ! Cool no ?
To me it’s too small to produce goods, but it’s Just my opinion !

Have Fun :)

DeletedUser8859

what is GOOD strategy for doing GE?

Good strategy depends on your goals. Define your goals first and then evaluate the available strategies to find the one(s) that is (are) better.
  • Finish an event and get that final rewards is a goal? Then check event quests and plan ahead to have a tech ready to unlock, provinces to scout, GE attempts to battle or negotiate, or whatever the event requires.
  • Finish the event is not a goal? Forget the event and then evaluate if finishing XX encounters in Y days to beat your personal record, or inspire the rest of the guild is your goal. If yes, go ahead.
  • Are you at 6/7 chests at the Daily Challenges? Is opening another Weekly Challenge Chest and possibly winning another Shrine is a goal? Then possibly completing all encounters before middle of the week raises the risk of not competing it.

DeletedUser8859

But hey, maybe I also get some tips what do to with medals,
  • Do you have all medals expansions already placed at your city?
  • If not already at the OF, do you got the medals for the expansions to be released with the next eras?
  • Did you have medals accumulated already for the next two medals expansions to be released with the era after OF (whenever that comes)?
Until INNO creates another use for medals, no more tips.

DeletedUser8946

I still have my Rosarium and and I'm putting it 3 - 8 hours FP production; the same way I use my Goods buildings..
3x2 and 3 fps daily is awesome... I think I can totally skip medal though I still need 7 medal expansions..

DeletedUser8910

Well, you see, there is a thing with DC's... they don't have alternatives and they don't last for a week, only 24 hours.
So, when I get: negotiate 5 sectors and I have one available and I have to do a recon of new province, which would take me 2 days, I get a TIP from suport that I should plan ahead and make sure I have enough available sectors (how? how should I know how much would be enough? after all, there are provinces with only 4 sectors at all...) ... and that recon may be speeded with diaxes... P2W, right?

And there's event going on through this particular DC and I KNOW that tomorrow I would get "conquer a province". I may choose to skip DC, because I know about event, but why Inno is making me to skip DC? Or pay real money for not skipping?

The game is no longer about planning and strategy, but more and more about paying. I don't like that.
More like buying your way through the eras, which defeats the whole purpose of the game. The Daily Challenges are becoming pretty worthless, at least now they don't penalize you for skipping them.

DeletedUser5160

Again ??... I can see my time with this game is coming to an end.

Oh but wait! Inno never promised to offer an alternative! Maybe you should suck it up! /sarcasm

Edit:

On that note. I am agreeing with the other players now. @Zarok Dai These event buildings are terrible and just don't have the motivation to want to finish any of them anymore. Not worth the energy to take a province. You all will eventually learn but it's becoming too late as your active player base becomes smaller.

I challenge you to provide data that says otherwise.

something something We want alternatives. something something We only get them when you all like it. something something

DeletedUser7942

Thank You Inno for the beautiful new building, though I had to say I wasn't really sure at first if I could identify Van Gogh walking around, so I figured he must be the guy in the hat;

vvg2.PNG

VVG.gif

I saw from another angle what I think is (some mighty big) paint brushes he's carrying;

vvg3.PNG

seashepherd

Farmer
Please not more medals. Anything but medals. Guild crowns would be a nice option but, really anything but medals. Please.

DeletedUser

Are you at 6/7 chests at the Daily Challenges? Is opening another Weekly Challenge Chest and possibly winning another Shrine is a goal? Then possibly completing all encounters before middle of the week raises the risk of not competing it.

English is not my first language, so no shame for me, that I don't have any idea what are you reffering to in this particular piece...?

My goal is to have daily fun, outsmarting my fellow gamers. But seems to me that this game become more of "skipping" this or that lately, that of "doing"... Skip DC, skip event, skip GE... Forge of Blacksmiths and Forge of Skipping - if that are working strategies for the game... something is not right with the game, not with me, I imagine.

• Do you have all medals expansions already placed at your city?
  • If not already at the OF, do you got the medals for the expansions to be released with the next eras?
  • Did you have medals accumulated already for the next two medals expansions to be released with the era after OF (whenever that comes)?
Until INNO creates another use for medals, no more tips.
Yes.
Yes.
Already for 6-7 expansions, if I can evaluate their price based on previous ones. And that would be 20-25 if I didn't use medals widely in GE.

So no tips at all, that's what I've expected, thank you.

DeletedUser7164

Can it be right that the last quest says "and aquire a province"? Here the last quest were solved, when I scouted a province?

DeletedUser8859

English is not my first language, so no shame for me, that I don't have any idea what are you reffering to in this particular piece...?

We all agree that Daily Challenges, GE, Advancing in Continent Map, Advancing in the Tech Tree, and Events are not always aligned with the player plans. All the above can be goals for the player, but most of the time they represent conflicts with what the player want to do. Therefore my idea is that players should decide what they really want and work on the areas of the game that are aligned with that.

Goals are conflicting?
  • Set priorities to each goal, focus on those that are priority one.
  • Work on those on priority two if they do not conflict with priority one goals.
Example:
  • Player want to stay in the current era for two months more? Good. Then since completing events will surely force the player to research and force the movement to the next era, forget about the events and continue with your plan.
  • Completing all 64 attempts of GE in two days is a goal for the player? More important than DC or completing a event quest later that will require something in GE? Since sadly the player cant have both, he/she needs to set a priority and work with that.

DeletedUser8944

I was kinda floored when I got to the 5th quest and it wanted 55 15min productions. That is a lot in a short quest line. Unless I stay on for a length of time, it is not going to happen. I decided the final prize just wasn't worth it. Sorry, love the game and like a challenge but lets not go overboard. just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

We all agree that Daily Challenges, GE, Advancing in Continent Map, Advancing in the Tech Tree, and Events are not always aligned with the player plans. All the above can be goals for the player, but most of the time they represent conflicts with what the player want to do. Therefore my idea is that players should decide what they really want and work on the areas of the game that are aligned with that.

Goals are conflicting?
  • Set priorities to each goal, focus on those that are priority one.
  • Work on those on priority two if they do not conflict with priority one goals.
Example:
  • Player want to stay in the current era for two months more? Good. Then since completing events will surely force the player to research and force the movement to the next era, forget about the events and continue with your plan.
  • Completing all 64 attempts of GE in two days is a goal for the player? More important than DC or completing a event quest later that will require something in GE? Since sadly the player cant have both, he/she needs to set a priority and work with that.
Well, yes, I agree to setting own goals and stick to the plan, that's how strategy works, I imagine. I don't think though that it is impossible for player to finish every event during that time of sticking to his own goals - that depends on good will of Inno team and there seems to be none, if they make us to gain control over 2 provinces in 3 weeks. That's madness.

But I asked about GE... completing 64/48 in no-time never got me in trouble during event. Maybe there is some delay while recruting units, but event lasts for longer than 24h. Every task involving GE is auto-done then. So why should I delay doing GE for event from your perspective? That is what I didn't understood.

I imagine, that in DCs tasks of doing something in GE also are not involved while you have finished 64/48, because I honestly can't remember that sort of impossibility in doing DCs. After all, DCs were supposed not to be impossible...

So, to the point. I may choose to skip DC because there is 22x8h production and that is my choice, all right. I may choose to skip event, because I think the prize isn't worth effort. I made choice, all right. But when I am MADE by Inno team to skip DC, because I don't have 5 free sectors to conquer and when I am MADE to skip event, because being in lower era I can't negotiate province in two last eras (because of promet and orichalcum, as I've been told they are involved) - that I don't like at all, because that is pure P2W.