• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Galileo Galilei

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
I always get feedback that AF and OF players have no use for their goods, so how can 900 be a burden? Just saying :p
Because we get free TE goods from GB's, and this quest specifically asks for OF. Because OF goods are useless, nobody makes them, meaning we'd have to set up a crap ton of goods buildings and wait around a week to get 900 OF goods.

DeletedUser7942

I would really hope Inno is taking a lot more into account than what some players post on here when designing their quests. We really have no idea how much of the playerbase can handle 900 OF/AF goods for the Event but I'm sure Inno does. I've seen complaints in both regards, people saying AF/OF goods are useless are not correct in my opinion, yes treasury AF/OF goods are undertilized relative to all previous Age/Eras but personal AF/OF goods are certainly useful.

Keep up rolling out these "historical" quest lines with dusty narratives and actually contribute to keeping the people stupid.
Claiming at this day and age, Galilei *discovered* the heliocentric built of our solar system is like still claiming Columbus discovered the Americas or Pythagoras invented trigonometry.

Proof stands, among many other sites, in Giza to this day. Supposedly built some 4500 years ago, probably much older, the Great Pyramid (called Khufu's) is not actually a true geometric pyramid but a pyramidoid eight-sided star which becomes apparent on only two days within the solar cycle, the two equinoxes when one half of two opposing sides lay in shadow while the other half shines in reflected sunlight. This GB ^^ is exactly aligned to true north to a miniscule deviation of five hundredth of a degree, leveled to a very few centimeters on its base which even today could only be achieved with laser instruments, same inside, the King's Chamber leveled to a tenth millimeter. The GB's peak is positioned at 29°58'45" N which translates to decimal 29.9792°, pretty close to 30°, wouldn't you agree? Ha, pretty imperfect Neanderthals, right? Wait am minute, what travels at 299,792 kilometers per second? Laser for example, this is the speed of light in vacuum, correct. Perfectly aligned on the north-south-axis we have two shafts (of the supposed "air shafts"), one points to Sirius, one to Orion's belt, three stars whose relative position is exactly mirrored by the relative position of the (biggest) three Giza pyramids, not as the stars are today, not 4500 but 12500 years ago at which time, incidentally, the Sphinx would have faced her astrological counterpart, Leo, at the vernal point.

The fun does not end there by far, in this building and many others around the world we find find incorporated amazingly precise numbers of mathematics and astronomy, which are supposedly found much later, most only recently in comparison, we find pi, phi, distances between the sun and other planets, mind you, *all* other planets, even Pluto, circumferences of the sun and the planets, rotation periods. There are some Sumerian tablets talking about the planets and how another planet between Mars and Jupiter was destroyed in the distant past (asteroid belt anyone?), a chain of events which also prompted the separation of then-moon Pluto from Uranus (I believe, my reading of this was some time ago), one of the, as they called them, "giant watery twins". So those guys not only knew of Uranus and Neptune, they knew what they looked like. Well, Hubble surely isn't *that* old despite nagging rumors...

Okay, many words, one simple conclusion leading to a suggestion:
At the very most, Galilei *re*discovered said things after the Dark Ages thanks to the Roman Catholic Church, very probably these things were known all along but traded in secret for a long time (see masonry art in important buildings all through the Middle Ages), Galileo Galilei was just the guy who couldn't keep his mouth shut. Nomen est Omen, as the (Roman) saying goes, well, his Name does translate to "the agitated/ roaring lion of Galilee (land of the truth-telling preacher)". Why not at least acknowledge the not so new scientific evidence? Nobody's saying he didn't impress a lot of people ...although, at his time, he inspired more fiery vengeance than scientific work. A liiittle more broadened minds, please, you know, like Galilei would have it. Perspective for the whole of history, not singular fairy tales aimed at creating modern icons to be worshiped. Remember Moses, people. ;-)

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Http://prntscr.com/fyxflz
There is another option
But why are there two choices
Since for the majority the second option is impossible

The author of this quest 11
rather
He thought of the players
with The Arc level 100 or Atomium

However
In FOE
There are also players
without The Arc , Atomium
Or low level The Arc

DeletedUser

However
In FOE
There are also players
without The Arc , Atomium
Or low level The Arc
good news for them

goods from Arc & Atomium don't count

so those players don't have a disadvantage to level 80 Arcs

But why are there two choices
Since for the majority the second option is impossible
then look at that quest without two choices

take it as it was in the good old past:
"Gain control over a province" (nothing else)

no choice. no problems with good donations

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Thanks for the advice and the information
if I'm not mistaken
the second choice was made to help the players
for this cause
in previous events demanded less materials
and he did not mention era

RedRed

Viceroy
no image of the questline reward with the new interface

5BLf17R.png

DeletedUser7779

We now got an alternative of the 'acquire a province' for the first time and people are still complaining....should it have been 'acquire a province' or gain 1000 coins? lol
Cmon guys, if you really want the reward, you should sweat a little.
I myself, cant take a province on beta coz im in CA and half way through Indy map - cant defeat it. Donating 900 goods to treasury will hurt me, yes, but at least it will help the guild and I'll get the prize.
So what's all the crying about? If it was only 'acquire a province' (no alternative) and you weren't able to defeat it (like my case), you'd have spent way more goods for negotiating...

DeletedUser8374

Easy, not too long. Fun. But not interesting enough to play on the live server.

DeletedUser8378

I am very angry!!!
10 min before the event is ending i can't get the last quest because i only could get 2 boost in my tavern instead of 3 :-(
i was in summer holliday and hope to finished the historical quest line...

DeletedUser

no image of the questline reward with the new interface

That is the counter quest. The quest before it is the one that actually rewarded the spire and the avatar and showed them as the reward.

DeletedUser8115

Other Baroque style building... but NOT a Baroque Set. Ever the same missions with little modifications and the gift is so :(
I prefer visit Taverns to obtain FPs and build towers to defend my city in this space. Population bonus is :oops: similar to nothing.
2x3 = 6 free spaces
6x4= 24 DEF

and the friends will be more :) but Galileo would be very sad.

Why not improve the bonus of the GEs as a reward? Why not think of different missions? If they are always the same the game stays "small", monotonous.

Galileo was a great inventor, a brilliant mind, but how different would be if the event gave an improvement ticket to apply to the Observatory, much more in tune with the likes of Galileo ... for example, +30% forever or +20 DEF. It is well known that GEs need to be updated and improved, especially from level 10. Some are so obsolete before being built that building them is not cost-effective in terms of available space. If the larger missions offer plans of this GE so much better.

Whatever for not being repetitive.

It gives the impression that they do not know what to do already so that we occupy the space of our cities with "cachibaches" and we have to make of one way or another with expansions to us well know that at the end of the year the prizes in the expansions do not fit, Leave your city totally neglected and end up leaving the game because you can not follow.

In short, that evolution must be done while the events are launched but if it takes a year to complete that evolution, the same thing will continue to happen. The changes in the FOE must be Revolutions not Evolutions.
:)