• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Higher age units in lower pvp

• Thread starter DeletedUser1197
  • Start date

DeletedUser1197

I thought it was my understanding that you couldn't use higher age units vs another player to gain rank in that lower age tower. I.E. If I'm all iron age units (just barely breaking into EMA and can't build anything for there yet), and they use EMA units, that negates any rank they gain for the IA tower. And yet.....! I was recently attacked by the leader of the IA tower...with EMA...and he gained rank in IA tower for the attack! I checked the cinemagraphic and battle report to make sure my eyes didn't deceive and yup, there it was plain as day, units from EMA. Victory for the EMA player 1736 victory points, and a corresponding increase in IA tower rank.

If I was mistaken on this rule then I could have been terrorizing lower level tower for rank like them 0.o, and if it isn't a exploit, perhaps I should start following their example to gain the expansion(s) advantage it rewards.

BestWarrior

Baronet
It's not a problem at all, because who is attacked don't lose anything, unless they have something to be stolen from the city, but that is a risk you allways get, no mather wich units you have. The troops just die virtualy, so i'm not seeing nothing wrong. And what about those who has no defense, just the 2 spearfighter from the syytem? Or those who have more advanced troops, but only give to the defense Bronze Age units?

Last edited:

DeletedUser1197

Ah..perhaps you miss the point. He attacked and defeated me..yes. he would have probably done that with IA just as easy, maybe not, I don't know. But I probably took more net worth of troops from him if they were IA.

THE POINT: He attacked with EMA units on IA units (none of which I lost, true..) but got 1700+ victory points in the IA tower......NOT the EMA tower. This allowed him to stay in #1 slot of IA PvP tournment, without someone in close competition with him overtaking him ( they, using inferior IA units) AND got the +20 medals rather than +10 or less. Maybe #2 wasn't even close to taking #1 slot, I don't know....but using EMA units AND still getting victory points in IA for doing so seems to me to fly in the face of stated intent and function.

Lets say you used a M-16 machine gun 1 on 1 against stone hatchet wielding native (extreme example I know). And after understandably slaughtering them, went about boasting your prowess and your "honor" of doing so. Thats what a PvP tourney is, opponents combating for honor and brag rights (with medals as the reward) if one had a machine gun and the other a stone hatchet was that "honorable" and deserving of reward?

BestWarrior

Baronet
No, i'm sorry, you are not right. If he attacks you with EMA units, the points go to the EMA tower, not for the IA tower.
Each units troops to the correspondent tower. If i attack a player with LMA units, but that player only have EMA troops, if i win, the points go the LMA tower. I'm absolutly sure of it. I play in the 1st portuguese server, Arvahall and today i won the LMA tower once more, and this situations hapens a lot of times.
You can have 7 archers and one berserker, for example, if you win a battle with them, the points go straight to the EMA tower, even if you loose the EMA unit during the fight.

DeletedUser1197

Ahhh, there you get it...but my point was...the 1700+points in this instance DIDN'T go to EMA, maybe they should, but they DIDN'T! I saw his net worth before and after, he climbed the 1700 in IA tower. Shortly after my checking, he climbed even further in IA (I assume attacking others after me), in was just before tourney closed so I figure he was sqeezing all the attacks he could in to avoid anyone close overtaking him.

BestWarrior

Baronet
well, you must report that situation, maybe somethings's wrong. Anyway, you can't forget that you and all the others also can get points to the towers making battles in the provinces.

DeletedUser

Make sure to provide a screenshot of the battle reply, to ensure he was using EMA units. Also are you confident he couldn't have attacked someone else just before or after using IA units to gain roughly ~1700 points? And his EMA tower score didn't change all day?