• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

hide and seek quest does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser791

every time i click the reward button it comes up with sever error: player6137 date an time, trying to spend preium points without valid log entry

DeletedUser

i am having another problem with this "quest line"
he tells me to scout a province, but at the moment i have scouted all the provinces i can.
At least if i am correct, that the scouting means moving my horse on the map to a new location.

But will i get now provinces when i defeat those i have at the moment, hence being able to complete the quest.

DeletedUser

if you screenshot and show a link we may be able to help you :)?

DeletedUser

ehm well ok. can try to explain more.

It is the "quest" hide and seek
the giver is "rinbin"
and it goes like this:

Tribal Chief
Lets play some hide and seek, shall we. I hid something really fance in a province nearby.
Just keep on scouting and you might find it.

And then my req. is to "scout province"
BUT if this means that i need to infiltrate, i would surely recommend that it gets changed to... well "infiltrate" because thats does not seem logic to me, that its what i need to do.

DeletedUser

maybe you do need to conquer the current provinces and move on then :)

DeletedUser

hmm yeah. that must be it then.

So after the "first" 4 sectors, do i get new ones to conquer after that ?

DeletedUser

Ah but scouting and infiltrating are 2 separate actions. Scouting involves clicking on the telescope icon on the continent map whereas infiltration means finding out which troops the enemy has in the sectors in a province or did since the latest change log this has altered slightly (see link below)

http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?488-Changelog-New-version-0-8-0&p=2480#post2480

If you have already scouted the province, may I suggest you make a bug report (bug tracker page) or if you prefer try to infiltrate the province and see if that is successful, if it is make a bug report with your findings and if possible take some screen shots to post with it.

Did you scout the province before getting the quest? If so then that could also be the cause of this again I suggest using a new bug tracker thread.

Edit: Lol then again you could just conquer more provinces till the quest completes :p

DeletedUser

Hey Speedy.

Exactly as you point out, i was sure myself that those 2 things IS not the same, and what the quest tells me to do, is the one with the "telescope".
But as far as the quest goes, i think that i have had quests before telling me to "scout" the sectors, either that or i have scouted one my self, hence not being able to complete this quest at the moment, since i cant scout anything anymore.

So my only further question in this is, if i get new sectors when i have taken over the "starter" sectors we get. Because then i would be able to complete the quest and move on. But apart from that, my other quest is to conquer the "last" sector i have open for now, so maybe when i do that it will all come back on track.

DeletedUser

Yes indeed Seekhunt, once you've captured the last sector of available province(s) and have that province incorporated into your Empire, the cloud should dissolve on the continent map and reveal at least one new province to you (dependant where you are up to on the continent map). Complete with "scouting" options.

If it doesn't or something else crops up use the bug tracker section and the devs will be onto it quickly enough. ;)

DeletedUser

Great. I will surely do that.
But mostly it would only seem as if the player could lock the quest line if he or she scout the "last" available province before this quest comes up. As i have done.

So i would not call it a bug per say, but only a little fall back, until i have conquered this last sector :)

DeletedUser

And this issue have been resolve as well, when i got a new sector, i could scout it and complete the quest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.