• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Haunted House - A bit too horrific?

DeletedUser

I mean... it's kinda bad:

Fp8WGNe.jpg

What I see here is a basically a King/Queen with a slightly higher coin production at the cost of 500 (freaking 500!) happiness.

A cultural building from the Colonial Age has up to 75 happiness per square. So the Haunted House isn't really 2x2 building - it's actually 7+4 = 11 squares large!

Even in the PMA where we get roughly 110 happiness per square that still equals about 9 squares for the haunted house.
So (even in PMA) it's roughly only half as effective as a king. And a king is already "kinda crappy" (ever since shrines were introduced).

Any chance it's values are still subject to corrections/adjustments?

I don't see any value in it with that high unhappiness. I think it shouldn't be more than -100.

And how about some twists or new ideas to make things more diverse?
Therefore I suggest to increase the Haunted House' coin output by ~60-75% while also making it untargetable for motivation through visiting players (it doesn't give unhappiness for no reason, nobody wants to touch it/go there. And well, in the first place, nobody lives there that could be motivated).
That attribute imho suits the atmosphere/theme quite well.
While we're at it, why does it need a road again?
If you consider using BOTH buildings from the Halloween event... The Haunted House AND the graveyard... The picture is a bit brighter as well... The graveyard is a high value happiness generator and can be polished as well, overcoming the happiness deficit of the haunted house.

DeletedUser

If you consider using BOTH buildings from the Halloween event... The Haunted House AND the graveyard... The picture is a bit brighter as well... The graveyard is a high value happiness generator and can be polished as well, overcoming the happiness deficit of the haunted house.

And now that they changed the -hap value on haunted house the graveyard more than covers it.

DeletedUser

Err...? Maybe I should start building Notre Dame right now, because the graveyard "covers" the space wasted by ND anyway. What kind of logic is that?

If I get a building that is twice as effective as normal buildings (aka 200% aka GOOD) and at the same time one that is only half as effective (aka 50% aka BAD) then I'll always only build that good building on it's own and actually keep my advantage, because well if I would build both the good and the bad building, I could have just built 2 other normal 100% buildings in the first place.

DeletedUser

it was good before the change :p

better than a regular building

lets compare to the daily house in CA
almost 3 times the coins of the daily house (3940 / 1350 = 2,92)
but needed only 1,4 times the happiness to be enthusiastic (500 / (259*1,4) = 1,38)

now it is GREAT

Last edited by a moderator: