• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: HA city movements

RedRed

Viceroy
Summary of the issue (title of the post):
While moving in my city with HA active, wrong movements happens
Overview of the bug (description):
Don't know exactly how to reproduce it but moving in my city (left-click and drag) sometimes the location "goes back on the movement line" to another location and the end location goes to the initial location.
Steps to reproduce:
For me it's easier to reproduce moving the city on the bottom-left/top-right diagonal movement, but I've noticed the issue in any direction.
Reproduction rate (Every time? Sometimes?):
Any time
Browser and Version:
Chrome 34.0.1847.131
Visual Reference if available:
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2hnInnwW5 (look at 0:07 - linked in the screencast notes)
I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
Yes, nothing found
Player name and server (language version) for rewards:
RedRed / it3 (Italy)
System information (from the settings tab)
1.25.22980 (30.04.2014 9:34), RedRed (58287), zz1, en_US, WIN 13,0,0,206, Windows 7, Chrome/34.0.1847.131, 1366x643, DirectX9
Graphic card model (Found under Start > Control panel > Devices and Printers > Device manager > Display adapters)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
System RAM (Found under Start > Control panel > System > View amount of RAM and processor speed)
4 Gb (Intel i5 M450 @2.40GHz)

DeletedUser

This always happens to me, if while dragging my city around, I move my cursor outside of my city (on to menu, top section, side bar) and let go, it will bounce back

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Thank you for posting this!
I have tried several times to reproduce this, but with no result. Any additional comments on this flaw are welcome!!!

DeletedUser2752

Can't seem to replicate this either. Maybe it was fixed by now?

DeletedUser2752

Then can you give me another run down of how to replicate this bug? I tried clicking and dragging from everywhere (50+ times), and only got this problem once (or at least I think it did).

RedRed

Viceroy
I can identify two different issues...
1) a snap effect, while you drag the city over the menus;
2) the "go-back" effect;

As for the first issue, you can see it by moving slowly from somewhere in the city to the address bar of the browser; in the same way if you have the browser as "floating window" and you move the city from the right to left through the games menu/players bar you can see it when the mouse leave the browser area on the right side (look at this video). This happens also if you move diagonally the city through the players' bar or also if you have two monitors with the browser on the right, when the mouse goes from the right to the left monitor (through a menu).
With HA disabled, the drag ends when you leave the city area.

As for the second issue, sometimes happens but I've not yet found a reason... :confused:

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

Thank you for your walkthrough and video (and correct bug report :))! Managed to replicate both bugs, and I will now mark this confirmed!

RedRed

Viceroy
An update; finally I've found the way to reproduce the "go-back" effect; happens when the previous drag ends over a menu (as described by silverdragon, in the end).

1) HA active
2) drag the city moving the mouse from the map to a game menu, then mouse up over the menu (top bar, bottom menu, left or right "icons wallets", doesn't matter)
3) move the mouse again over the map
4) button down to drag again the city, and move a little the mouse ---> the bug!!!

> video

Here the "snap effect" is triggered by the second drag, while if you move the drag over a menu and you end the drag outside the menu is triggered immediately.

hope this helps :D

Last edited: