• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: GvG: internal error / crash when someone else kills the army

Andi47

Overlord
  • Summary of the issue : see title
  • Overview of the bug (description): When somebody else kills the defense army I am currently fighting in GvG, I get an internal error and the game crashes / reloads
  • Steps to reproduce: I experienced the bug 2 or 3 time on beta today and 1 time on .de8 a few days ago:
    1.) attack a sector in GvG together with some guildmates
    2.) here, some coindicence is necessary: start a battle against a def army with just one lifepoint
    3.) an other guildmate is (by coindicence) fighting agains the same def army and kills it first
    (on .de8 it happened this way: I clicked "auto-battle", which would win the battle - just a split-second after someone else had killed the army)
    experienced result: an "internal error" occurs; below the internal error message there is a message that someone else killed the army
    expected result: there should be just the message that someone else killed the army, and - after clicking ok - it should go back to the GvG map
  • Reproduction rate (Every time? Sometimes?): it happened 4 out of 4 (or 5) times the last few days
  • Browser and Version:
    1.42.28098 (18.12.2014 14:32), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 16,0,0,235, Windows 7, Firefox/34.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
    1.41.28022 (16.12.2014 9:24), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 16,0,0,235, Windows 7, Firefox/34.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
  • World: zz1 and de8
  • Visual Reference if available: n/a
  • I have performed a quick search of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Andi47,

Thanks for reporting this issue! It was reported some time ago on live and thought to be fixed, but seems to still be occurring under certain circumstances. A couple of questions:

1) Does it happen only just after you click autobattle or at other times also?
2) If it's happening at other times, are there any other common factors you noticed between the times it happens compared to when it doesn't happen?

Andi47

Overlord
It seems to happen more often since a relatively short time - could it be that the bug as been re-indtroduced with 1.41? (according to what I read on the .de forum, this would not be the first bug which re-appears after some time)

1.) on .de8 it happened 1 or 2 times after clicking autobattle (when I click autobattle just a split-second after someone else has killed the army). On .zz1 I experienced it 2 or 3 times on .zz1 *without* clicking autobattle. I was fighting in High Middle Ages; i used 1 berserker (or was it a heavy infantry?) and 7 rogues. I made my move (moving the rogues forward). I am not sure if it was already the KI's turn (I intended to click autobattle after my first move, but it crashed before) - suddenly I was seeing the "internal error" message which obscured the "someone else killed the army" message. After clicking away the internal error message, I briefly saw the "someone else..." message before the game automatically reloaded.
2.) I wasn't able to do lots of experiments yet, as I experienced the internal error (without clicking autobattle) just 2 or 3 times here on beta. What I can say:
* every time I was using 1 berserker (or heavy infantry) and 7 rogues in HMA, manually keeping the berserker behind and moving the rogues forward - it crashed after moving a few rogues (with "internal error").
* I am not sure if the defense army had rogues among their units or not.
* I am quite sure that the crash was not caused by an over-full memory due to the long-standing GvG-memory leak which I reported a few days before christmas in november, as I had jsut reloaded one or two battles before it crashed due to the "internal error when someone else kills the army" bug.

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
Similar crashes seem also to happen from time to time if (in case one of our guild's sectors is under attack and your guildmates just destroyed the siege) you try to replace a defending army and either the attacker is faster with setting a new siege or the sector is conquered by the attacker a split second earlier.

to reproduce:

1.) one of your guild's sectors is attacked
2.) your guildmates attack and destroy the siege
3.) you try to replace a defending army (or try to place one in an empty slot)

and then either:
4.) the attacker is faster by a split second (or exactly as fast as you?) and places a new siege
result: crash (internal error and auto-reload of the game) (frequency of the bug: I would say 3/10)

or
4.) the attacker is faster by a split second (or exactly as fast as you?) and kills the last defending army
result: crash (internal error and auto-reload of the game) (frequency: I would also say 3/10)

1.45.29432 (24.02.2015 1:15), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 16,0,0,305, Windows 7, Firefox/36.0, 1920x917, DirectX9 (336 MB VRAM)