• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest GvG improvement - province "defender"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal:
I know that GvG functionality currently is frozen but I'll give a try.
I'm proposing to add a possibility for each guild member to act as the passive defender for a province on Guild v. Guild map. When someone will attack a province with a "defender" then that defender's defensive army military boost (aka "Fierce Resistance") will be used instead of default percentage bonus by "support pool".

Reason:
Current GvG functionality is boring and stalled. That functionality will give to GvG a second chance.
Also guild's support pool mechanics is also screwed up because all TOP-players have 800+ and even 1000+ military attack bonuses right now. Nobody from TOP-guilds even noticing support pool percentage and war on GvG is just a kind of "race" with auto-battles. A person(s) with better PC and better internet connection wins.

Details:
  • Each guild member can act as a "defender" for a certain province for a limited amount of time, e.g. for 12 hours (that is may be tuned by developers).
  • In addition (but not a mandatory), the player who is placing a siege should spread his defensive army boost (Fierce Resistance) on his siege army instead of current "0%/0%".
  • A single player in guild can act as a "defender" only for one province in each epoch. Each guild may consist up to 80 players so it will be more than enough to "stick" at least one player for each province.
  • I suppose there should be a certain cool-down if one player will "release" a province before his timer expires and he can "take" that province again. Otherwise the entire mechanics may be abused.

Visual Aids:
Sorry, no pics.
The idea will need to make only a slight changes in the UI, probably a button and timer countdown in the province details window and also a player's portrait with his name as the title on mouseover.

Balance (and outcome):
1. All buildings that giving a military boost for defensive armies will become useful. Right now I don't use them anywhere and I know only a few players who has 600+ defense. But their cities still can be penetrated so they only do this "just for fun" and not for purpose.
2. A new "specialization" will emerge - a "defender" - player with a very big amount of defense boost for "strongholding" a strategically essential provinces.
3. Units losses on sieges will be drastically increased and all attacks should be better planned and can't be done by a single player.
4. War on GvG will turn upside down (probably for the best :D)

Abuse Prevention:
Unfortunately I'm unable to figure it out until I will try it.

Summary:
The appropriate name can be one of "defender", "keeper", "watchman", "gatekeeper", "guardian", etc.. I'm not quite powerful in words as I'm not a native speaker.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
well, doesn't matter if they put up 600% defense, my attack will still get through it anyway :p

but, what about the GB Observatory (not to forget Atomium as well, ofc)? wouldn't this idea make it obsolete? a guild with sufficiently boosted numbers of this GB will already bring a certain amount of defense (like 75% at least) to the HQ and surrounding sectors; would your defender's bonus be added to this or would it replace this?

well, doesn't matter if they put up 600% defense, my attack will still get through it anyway
Sure it will go through it, but if it also has both 600% attack and 600% defense, you will suffer a significant losses anyway.

Yes, Observatory and Atomium are obsolete until developers will figure out how to use their's support pool bonuses properly.
But with this idea you can use a Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle to improve your Fierce Resistance for better performance on GvG. Right now they are absolutely useless.
I'm not sure about surrounding sectors, it seem very complicated at the first sight.

would your defender's bonus be added to this or would it replace this?
They will replace this because they will be much higher for TOP-players when they will build all that they have for Fierce Resistance in inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.