• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GvG, chat, guide forum (mobile)

Dan 77

Squire
Hello, I've heard that game developers recently responded in the meaning that they plan to add GvG, chat and guide forum to the mobile version. It is true?

Only 3 years ago... the notions of time and space are a bit like tastes and colors ...
thisisfoe.png

Dan 77

Squire
So the rumor about GvG became true.
Although it has nothing to do with GvG, it's a new pseudo-GvG (so next form how to "fix" GvG, exactly such as GE previusly).

And what about the guild forum and chat for mobiles??
I can understand that chat can be overloaded then. At least to add forum should be very simple (and necessary for many guilds) and in the app version is the same space where its icon can be, so nothing can obstruct to implement.

DeletedUser4403

@Dan 77 There *is* a backdoor access method on mobile currently allowing access to the guild forums as the forums reside on a specific html web address for your world/guild. Somewhere on the forum there are instructions to do this but no time right now to find it :/ It’s in some posts from a few years back.

Basically, need to use a browser that allows access to “the desktop version” of the browser so mobile safari is a no go. Mobile Chrome works in both flash and html 5. Puffin works only with flash enabled for example.

I always thought this would be a relative easy addition to the mobile app as it can work much like the current system for contacting support via mobile. There’s a button in settings and upon pressing it opens a separate support page in your browser.

Because you’re accessing an “in game function” there’s a limitation there, however. With Inno’s current security system in place, you can only access the game via one login to the server at a time. So while you CAN access your guild forum via a browser directly, as soon as you do, it will automatically log you out of the app, forcing you to re-login once you’re complete with your forum-ing.

So that’s the gyst. Little bit of a pain to access but not that bad if you have a need to get on Mobile that can’t wait.

Dan 77

Squire
Thanks. I tried to use the link which shows, when you maximize its window to the independent bookmark in a browser - it doesn't work. Also I know puffin and even a few players use it. But these ways aren't simply accessible for a common player. So we have document in Google docs which serve as a simple web with its own link. That's the way how we do it to replace developpers' activity - I don't understant, what brought them to think that guilds don't need to use their forums.