• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Nessie

Baronet
Agree with most of you. My simple and dumb problem is: I can't see how long the shields last - our own and all other. Therefore, I can't plan if I'm on at 4/12/20h. THIS OUGHT TO BE CHANGED AT ONCE!!!
The Event Log is not really a help in this case, especially not for unexperienced players

Last edited:

DeletedUser4421

Agreed, a shield timer would be nice, although the calc' timer would show the same.
I still say that a sector should be protected after any attack, and only be set siege ONE single time and become protected from multiple sieges.

DeletedUser10256

I agree with the previous posts regarding HQ moves. HQ moves should remain 24h and not every 4h. Ghosts make a mockery of the guild ranking system and should not be strengthened.

I also agree, farming will continue even with this change. The points received from champs is what needs to change.

I am in favor of the three calc times though to give more off-calc players a chance to play.

DeletedUser10112

if only 5 % play GVG ony 1% of thoses 5 % come here and discuss the thing.
there was a time when you could change your HQ at will. they stopped that. and what did you get? most servers in 4 years only had 1 or 2 changes in the ranking.
If any of the Big Ones loose their rank. good. the world is at constant change don´t let the big ones be on top with minimum effort.
a game should be dynamic. not stagnant like all the serveres are.
Remember, even Formula 1 , introduces changes to keep things interessant.
who wants to see allway the same driver to win with no effort. in reality gvg is a race . to see who gets to be in the 2 or 3rd place.

I SUPPORT THESE CHANGES

DeletedUser5135

if only 5 % play GVG ony 1% of thoses 5 % come here and discuss the thing.
there was a time when you could change your HQ at will. they stopped that. and what did you get? most servers in 4 years only had 1 or 2 changes in the ranking.
If any of the Big Ones loose their rank. good. the world is at constant change don´t let the big ones be on top with minimum effort.
a game should be dynamic. not stagnant like all the serveres are.
Remember, even Formula 1 , introduces changes to keep things interessant.
who wants to see allway the same driver to win with no effort. in reality gvg is a race . to see who gets to be in the 2 or 3rd place.

I SUPPORT THESE CHANGES
There are different opinions.
I 'll give you the opinion of one of the guild heads. This game wasn 't initially with that tough on-line. You could come quietly 2 times a day and lose nothing. That was the chic of FoE. Many came here for calm from other online games. Like me from Grepolis.
And what do we see now? Over the years, a lot of aspects have been hung here - Expedition, Vikings, etc. Okay, you can deal with that. But now there 's more GvG 3 times a day. We 'll have to live in the game. And it is unlikely that everyone will like this state of affairs.

I 'll add it from myself. These changes in GvG violated the team principle of the game. The whole strategy has been destroyed.
Therefore
+ I am against changes GvG

DeletedUser10257

I also came from Grepolis because it was too much time consuming. Unfortunately foe is becoming so much time consuming too that a lot of player stop playing. And now the programmed changes for the gvg are so ridiculous for team playing and cooperation that in my opinion the game loose all of its interest.

I'm against these changes for gvg, they don't go in the right direction.

griaxe

Merchant
I agree with the previous posts regarding HQ moves. HQ moves should remain 24h and not every 4h. Ghosts make a mockery of the guild ranking system and should not be strengthened.
why wouldnt bigger guilds have more HQ moves?
like 1-3 players guilds would have only 1 move per 24 hrs..
80 members guilds have every 4 hrs..

1BFA

Viceroy

I also agree, farming will continue even with this change. The points received from champs is what needs to change.

I am in favor of the three calc times though to give more off-calc players a chance to play.

I get that hq move at calc will allow guilds to make more inroads. But Hq move is not every 4 hr,, it is at calc (8 hr). Second even if the Hq move was not allowed, when the bubble goes down you could move fwd.

Last edited:
These changes would seem to be geared to overcoming the current stagnation on the GvG maps.
There have been many comments about big guilds being vulnerable to demolition guilds due to the ability to move HQ into a front line protected sector.
Big guilds can still defend themselves by dropping sectors next to these protected HQ's and retaking them.
But it's not just tiny guilds that are being kept off the map with the current system. Even other fairly large guilds can't land and hold at the moment as the big guild simply wipes them from their borders at the following recalc, which is one of the reasons a lot of players lost interest in GvG.
These changes will make the map more dynamic, and more interesting. There are sectors on the map on my live server that havn't changed hands for well over a year, hopefully this will now be different.

Emberguard

Emperor
I support that. But I don 't think polls are necessary. People who are actively playing are easy to see by registration date.
No always. Registration date doesn’t tell you when they started playing, how often they log on in game or which platform they use. It only tells you when they started using the forum because it’s registration on the forums not the game

Last edited:

DeletedUser10256

I get that hq move at calc will allow guilds to make in to moroads. But Hq move is not every 4 hr,, it is at calc (8 hr). Second even if the Hq move was not allowed, when the bubble goes down you could move fwd.

I understand HQ move would be every 8h you are correct. My opinion still stands.. the problem was described by an earlier poster. It allows is a guild to shield a tile (which lasts 16 hr), and then move HQ after 8hr and gain another shielded tile. They can continue to move the HQ every 8 hr and the opposing guild will never have any chance to counterattack because their opponents will always be launching from a shielded tile.

With a 16hr shield and a 24hr HQ move, the opposing guild will always have a chance at some point to stop the attackers and regain tiles.

Hope that makes sense.

Lionhead

Baronet
3. If a tile is dropped it cant be taken in the upcoming recalc. Please ask any gvg player, probably the #1 complain of gvg after lag/bugs is guilds blocking landing zones. i.e. drop a tile 2-3 secs before reclac and take it right after recalc. Multiple recalcs will NOT make this issue go away because the shield lasts for 2 recals, it is not that hard to shield the tiles twice (8pm and then noon next day)

I´m a GvG player, and if I´m asked, this is in no way an issue. Actually I´d consider it an issue, if it won´t be possible to retake LZ´s.
It´s simply a question of what type of GvG-philosphy your guild practises. If you want to hold land in order to be at the top of the ranking, while your enemies don´t want to hold land, it´s a lot cheaper to block LZ´s (or other sectors in strategic places) than to allow them to get on the map or move in where it´s less controllable.

1BFA

Viceroy
I´m a GvG player, and if I´m asked, this is in no way an issue. Actually I´d consider it an issue, if it won´t be possible to retake LZ´s.
It´s simply a question of what type of GvG-philosphy your guild practises. If you want to hold land in order to be at the top of the ranking, while your enemies don´t want to hold land, it´s a lot cheaper to block LZ´s (or other sectors in strategic places) than to allow them to get on the map or move in where it´s less controllable.

It shouldn't be easier or cheaper to hold top position. It should be for the guild who is more active.

iPenguinPat

Squire
It shouldn't be easier or cheaper to hold top position. It should be for the guild who is more active.

Something should be said for showing up in force at a specific time and using teamwork. 2-3 fighters shouldn't have the ability to bleed a guild of 10 fighters to death with off hours fights.

DeletedUser9666

Something should be said for showing up in force at a specific time and using teamwork. 2-3 fighters shouldn't have the ability to bleed a guild of 10 fighters to death with off hours fights.

Something should be said for 2-3 fighters outsmarting 10-fighters guilds, even at recalc, and bleeding them to death.
Best part of this game... (evil laugh).

I am for changes in GvG.

iPenguinPat

Squire
Something should be said for 2-3 fighters outsmarting 10-fighters guilds, even at recalc, and bleeding them to death.
Best part of this game... (evil laugh).

We agree on this.

Outsmarting vs. being available are two different things. The middle of the night recalc (4am) is unreasonable to expect players to make. All it takes is a single player from a significantly different time zone to show up when tiles are unprotected and undefended to cause a lot of damage. That's not really "outsmarting" anyone.

It's smart for top guilds to protect that land by bubbling. Release and recapture is currently the most reliable way to accomplish that goal. R&R is also an effective way for 2-3 man guilds to slowly work their way into larger guild's territory by using the tactic offensively instead of defensively.

The point is, without a defensive mechanism for guilds to protect their land during hours they are unavailable, the "more active" guild can easily get bled by a guild that's barely active at all... that's bad for GvG interest long term.

I like these changes as long as inno does something to compensate for the increase in resources required to hold land. Reduce recruitment time. Reduce siege cost. Reduce cost to unlock DAs. Increase per 24hr goods production. Provide more flexible options for building guild treasury. Increase value for holding tiles based on time protected instead of per 24hrs. Otherwise, these changes will cause GvG to burnout.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
because i'm pretty confused
can anyone tell me
on live servers
what changes apply eventually?
That was the whole point
not to have military units of the Bronze Age ?
because on live servers
1 the easy battles
with the champions remain
2 and the fields
when they are released
they have the same military unit
in their defenses
3 the protection remains 24 hour

sorry for english is from automatic translation
the text in Greek

Επειδη ειμαι αρκετα μπερδεμενη
μπορει καποιος να μου πει
στους ζωντανους σερβερς
ποιες αλλαγες ισχυουν τελικα?
δηλ ολο το θεμα ηταν
να μην υπαρχουν οι στρατιωτικες μοναδες της χαλκινης εποχης?
γιατι στους ζωντανους σερβερς
1 οι ευκολες μαχες με τους πρωταθλητες παραμενουν
2 οι τομεις οταν απελευθερονται
εχουν τις ιδιες στρατιωτικες μοναδες στις αμυνες τους
3 η προστασια παραμενει 24 ωρη

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
because i'm pretty confused
can anyone tell me
on live servers
what changes apply eventually?
That was the whole point
not to have military units of the Bronze Age ?
because on live servers
1 the easy battles
with the champions remain
2 and the fields
when they are released
they have the same military unit
in their defenses
3 the protection remains 24 hour

sorry for english is from automatic translation
the text in Greek

Επειδη ειμαι αρκετα μπερδεμενη
μπορει καποιος να μου πει
στους ζωντανους σερβερς
ποιες αλλαγες ισχυουν τελικα?
δηλ ολο το θεμα ηταν
να μην υπαρχουν οι στρατιωτικες μοναδες της χαλκινης εποχης?
γιατι στους ζωντανους σερβερς
1 οι ευκολες μαχες με τους πρωταθλητες παραμενουν
2 οι τομεις οταν απελευθερονται
εχουν τις ιδιες στρατιωτικες μοναδες στις αμυνες τους
3 η προστασια παραμενει 24 ωρη

Bronze age units cannot be used in AA- Already implemented

To be implemented
Only champions will be replaced with random units.
Three Recalc per day, so 8pm, 4am and noon
Sector will be protected for two recals