• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Guild/Social Category, New message, Initial post has reduced limit to size of post

Keritan

Squire
Troubleshooting
Cache cleared, tried Internet Explorer
When creating a new message in the Guild or Social Category, the initial input field has a limitation on the size of the post that is drastically smaller than any follow on post.

Prior to change and currently in any follow on post to a thread in the Guild or Social Category - The limitation is 5000 characters and 20 line breaks. You can find this by either typing a whole lot or copy/paste a large amount of info and when you Hit Send, there is a pop-up that says you exceeded the limits of 5000/20.

In the initial post to a new thread in the Guild or Social Category the limitation appears to be something like 1025 characters and I don't know how many line breaks.

When folks are trying to make a post that is a How-to or explaining something, we have gotten used to the nice large size of 5000/20 to fit things in. Making it that much smaller is a huge hindrance.

Browser or App version and version number
Win 10, latest update
Chrome 83.0.4103.116
Recreation steps
Create a new message in Guild or Social category, give it a name, add recipients and try to put more than 1050 characters in the post. If you are pasting, only the first 1025-ish will be in the post, the rest just don't make it and if you try to type them in, nothing happens.
Frequency
every time
Can this be reproduced?
yes

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Can you confirm if this s still occurring? There should be no change in the character limit.

Keritan

Squire
Yes, I just did these steps. I generated a Lorem Ipsum that was 5000 character long. I copied it off the online generator and put it in Word. I then had Word do a word count on the document. It was 746 words, 4264 character no spaces, 5000 character w spaces, 9 paragraphs and 55 lines of text. This is the starting point.

I copied this and opened an existing message thread in both the Guild and Social category. I pasted this into the existing thread and all but a few characters pasted into the field. I hit send, to verify it was acceptable to the system, and then highlighted and copied what had been sent. I pasted this into a new word document and did a word count. The copied message was 745 word, 4256 Character no spaces, 5000 char w spaces, 9 paragraph, 53 lines of text.

I went back to the original word document and copied the Lorem Ipsum from it and created a NEW message in both the Guild and Social category. I pasted the 5000 character text into it and notice that it doesn't copy as much text. Hit send, to verify system accepts it, and copy the newly generated message and paste it into a new word document. Do a word count on the new doc and get 150 words, 875 characters no spaces, 1023 characters w spaces, 2 paragraph, and 11 lines of text