• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild City (RoC idea, when Innogames has a good idea)

Dessire

Regent
I discovered that the little brotter of FoE has a feature named "Alliance City" (Guild city would be the name in FoE). It looks as in the photo:
1681275957998.png

Each building in the city can be upgraded. In order to be upgraded, members must select one and clic a "+" button in order to help. In the next photo, a player decided to help and it takes 2 hours to complete his help. More players helping, the faster the building is leveled up:

1681276150264.png

Also, there is a tech tree where alliance must spend goods and points to unlock technologies. The points can be earnt by clicking each day the main building of the city, so you have a limit according to the amount you receive daily. Also, together with those points you receibe resources. Each tech. helps to unlock the next level of a building to be built + gives a new bonus + each building has it's own benefits (In FoE, I would love to see the city starting from stone age, like our cities!) :

1681276497347.png

As I wrote, each building gives it's own benefits, and in the case of the Production Quarter from the next photo, it produces goods for your alliance (guild) I am not sure if those goods are for each member of the alliance or for the treasury, I would preffer for each member. And the more player helping in the building, more is the amount of goods produced:

1681276729913.png

I would like to see this idea implemented in FoE but with the next differences:

- 2 tech trees to help guild city: the tech. tree of the guild city itself + personal tech tree. The main building then should give us 2 type of points to spend.
- The design of buildings should change according to the "age" of the guild city tech tree + events could have an extra reward to change the appearance of a guild city and the design or each player could apply his/her own design only visible for him/her.
- The personal tech tree should be divided in 3 parts (maybe the guild city tech. tree could be divided in a similar way): military, utility and production.
- A player can only chose 1 path and in order to change it, pay a huge amount of diamonds, maybe 2000? with that change, all the points are refunded to spend them again in the new path.
- The Utility path could have technologies which gives benefits like: more time reduction while helping to build/upgrade a building in a city ( time reduction I , time reduction II, time reduction III , etc.), Chance to give a battle/negotiation with no attrition in GbG, (for example, at level V could give 3% and if 10 players in the guild have that tech at level V, would give 30% to all members), chance to have 1 extra turn during negotiations or to earn 1 point to conquer a sector in GbG or to earn x2 rewards in the guild expedition, etc.
- The military path and production path could be anything related to that, even new skills like "at the moment of collect your daily gift from the main building of the guild city, 3% chance to give X amount of goods to all players in the guild, (goods according to the age or previous age at random and more players with that skill, more is the %).
-In other words, Guild should be more selective to focus on military, production or utility according to the choise of their members in their personal guild city tech tree.
-while helping in a building to increase it's benefits, like the "production quarter" in the photo above, 1 player = 1%, 10 players = 15% total, 20 players = 30% (each player gives 3%) giving the last player (if all players help in that building) the hugest amount of %, like 5% and if 1 player decides to leave the guild for example, obviously the total % is reduced.
-The citi guild could have a system to promote players according to the total help they have given. After X amount of hours or times helping, the player can be promoted. High ranks could mean extra benefits from the main building when the player collects it's daily production.
-The player should lose it's rank if he/she leaves the guild.

A guild city could be a good way to make more important the decision of be kind with the members + take seriously the fact of leave a guild + do not fill your guild with any player but with players who have a certain path with a certain amount of technologies in the personal city guild tech. tree.

What do you think about the feature Innogames has put in Rise of Cultures? would you like to see something similar in FoE?

Dessire

Regent
what would be the personal rewards ?
new building(s) ? FP ? new items ? ...
It could be anything, you have your own idea of the perfect rewards and me my own idea, but the thing is give your opinion about this feature implemented in RoC and say if do you think or not if something like that could be something good to see in FoE.

-Alin-

Emperor
what would be the personal rewards ?
new building(s) ? FP ? new items ? ...
Gears to assembly orbs for worders(great buildings), research points for Your city and alliance city.
You have certain incidents in which people need to work to "steal" them, everyone participating gets those rewards.
Also with higher levels unlocked You get better things, better rewards, better on everything, and all You have to do is to use only the resources and research points You get "working" on Treasure Hunt(GE) and Alliance city, it doesn't need any resources from player, like the broken tentative of guild perks in FoE ...
Also each 10 levels You get a new player unlocked for alliance, each alliance have maximum of 20 players, but with maximum alliance city You can have 30, and for Treasure Hunt ranking matters, having one extra player counts a lot for Alliance League for ATH(Treasure Hunt).

That's certainly a good thing in RoC, other things being trash compared to FoE, game is still evolving, but it is the gambling system for Wonders that make it a bit annoying and things similarly expensive like is GE:V now, but if You ignore these or use "alts"(not sure for how long it will be allowed) to get Blueprints, everything is fine.