• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser10318

We can see how top Guilds perform in GvG by opening Guild Continental Map. It will be nice if we can see top Guilds real time performance in their Diamond BG/s.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
We can see how top Guilds perform in GvG by opening Guild Continental Map. It will be nice if we can see top Guilds real time performance in their Diamond BG/s.

I've had a similar wish. I wanted to be able to visit another guild's BG (as an observer) by clicking the statue in a city i'm visiting. Global mistells are more fun in GvG where even if you're not fighting them you can go peek on what's going on :)

Emberguard

Emperor
I've had a similar wish. I wanted to be able to visit another guild's BG (as an observer) by clicking the statue in a city i'm visiting. Global mistells are more fun in GvG where even if you're not fighting them you can go peek on what's going on :)
that would be fun :D

SuperCirce

Squire
...We are trying to coordinate attacks, and getting random sieges pissing of our ally.
GVG lets us delete a bad siege. I don't know why GBG doesn't.
There is no siege on the battlefield.
A beleaguered GvG sector no longer produces a point, its defensive armies can not be replaced, etc. We understand that we can give up a siege (by also losing its units and resources).
If you have an Allied guild, you know how to communicate with her, and so explain your mistakes ...

I consider the first attack on a sector to be a siege.
we must not reinvent the GvG, there is NO SIEGE!

OmegaLee

Steward
There is no siege on the battlefield.
we must not reinvent the GvG, there is NO SIEGE!
We can waste time arguing over labels all day. You are welcome to suggest a name for the first hit of a sector.

No matter what we need to know who did so, and to be able to control who gets the first hit. This is still guild vs guild, and we need to know who is ignoring our orders and hitting a wrong sector.

Fenix

Viceroy
You all are essentially ignoring the young player... This player receive essentially nothing in return to participating (nothing at all). This player can't spend goods like crazy, dos not have troops to thrown away.
All sectors have a slight different army, a young player might win a fight in a sector not desire by the guild, but that is the sector he can won.
And it takes at lest 40 advances in the lower league to win a sector, what difference will do hitting in the "wrong" sector? What is the loss for the guild?

OmegaLee

Steward
what difference will do hitting in the "wrong" sector? What is the loss for the guild?
Once an attack flag is there other guild members wind up attacking it. You have the nasty of attrition. Players can only make so many attacks in day. We need those attacks on the critical 100 point sectors, not 30 point junk. You can waste 100s of VP points a day, and possible lose GBG because of a bad attack.

Fenix

Viceroy
What you need is a way to visually differentiate a sanctioned sector from an disallowed, and let players chose what to do, the majority will follow the leader.

If a leader puts a flag that flag could be different from the flag started by the ordinary player.

DeletedUser9666

So maybe allow a guild leader to designate at least a few sectors as off-limits? And make it something visible on the map, too.

I think, it would be even better if the GB leader could select certain guilds (instead of provinces) to be off limits in the GBG. As the allied guild provinces change, system would update these sectors automatically. All other guilds would continue to be free game.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For those interested in the prestige mapping, I did calculations on a number of guilds so I could try and get an idea of where in a league my live guilds are situated when calculation hits this weekend.

Diamond: 18000 (Only 1 guild so no range yet)
Platinum: 12726-12996 (Still not many guilds, didn't check them all. GvG usually obscures which Platinum guilds are higher or lower in GBG)
Gold: 6372-11700 (Lots of guilds and the lowest don't do much GvG, was able to get a pretty good low-mark by simply picking the lowest gold league guild)
Silver: 1908-6120 (Even more guilds, similar procedure for the low mark. High mark was found by picking a guild near the gold-league's low mark)
Copper: 1062-1800 (High mark was found by picking a guild near the silver league's low mark)

The gaps between the leagues may in fact be gaps, or it might just be that I didn't try a guild that happens to be in them right this moment (I certainly wasn't going to check the GvG holdings of hundreds of guilds). I think this gives a good starting point though in terms of for instance my beta guild being at Silver (4050), sorta in the middle of the league. My next project will be to grab the rankings for the guilds currently in my group this season and see how much change there is based on placings.

DeletedUser10047

For those interested in the prestige mapping, I did calculations on a number of guilds so I could try and get an idea of where in a league my live guilds are situated when calculation hits this weekend.

Diamond: 18000 (Only 1 guild so no range yet)
Platinum: 12726-12996 (Still not many guilds, didn't check them all. GvG usually obscures which Platinum guilds are higher or lower in GBG)
Gold: 6372-11700 (Lots of guilds and the lowest don't do much GvG, was able to get a pretty good low-mark by simply picking the lowest gold league guild)
Silver: 1908-6120 (Even more guilds, similar procedure for the low mark. High mark was found by picking a guild near the gold-league's low mark)
Copper: 1062-1800 (High mark was found by picking a guild near the silver league's low mark)

The gaps between the leagues may in fact be gaps, or it might just be that I didn't try a guild that happens to be in them right this moment (I certainly wasn't going to check the GvG holdings of hundreds of guilds). I think this gives a good starting point though in terms of for instance my beta guild being at Silver (4050), sorta in the middle of the league. My next project will be to grab the rankings for the guilds currently in my group this season and see how much change there is based on placings.
The exact ranges are:
Diamond: 16,218 - 18,000
Platinum: 11,718 - 16,200
Gold: 6,318 - 11,700
Silver: 1,818 - 6,300
Copper: 0 - 1,800

I don't know if a fractional MMR can exist (haven't seen it yet), but if so, then extend the bottom of each range down to be +1 of the next lower league.

DeletedUser9827

@In.My.ConTroL Dang, pretty excited after reading the announcement. Only thing missing is a description of what the Statue of Honor building provides for a player's city. Any info on that?

Since this is a PvP feature and it seemingly provides a lot more in the form of 'actual' rewards compared to GvG, I can forsee this bringing in a lot of diamond revenue if the feature takes off. This may lead to an undesirable experience for those who lack diamonds, so I imagine I'll be seeing a healthy amount of complaints that battlegrounds are 'unfair' due to that.

I
Can't say really, the example doesn't tell us a lot. As mentioned already the primary factor for match making is how well a guild does in a battleground instance (vs other guilds). If both guilds performed similarly in the previous instance, then yes they can still end up matched together.

Nope. I believe it was already mentioned in the very initial Battlegrounds announcement (before development started), but 'GvG support pool' does not translate to Battlegrounds. And such buildings don't have any specific impact on Battlegrounds.

A suggestion concerning GBG buildings. I have noticed that people create the buildings and then delete them just before they lose the sector. I think it would be more fun, if they had to make the decision to delete a Building before the foe attains 80% of the required battles-- or even 90%.

DeletedUser9396

I think, it would be even better if the GB leader could select certain guilds (instead of provinces) to be off limits in the GBG. As the allied guild provinces change, system would update these sectors automatically. All other guilds would continue to be free game.
The differences between the two suggestions being (1) that in my suggestion, all guilds on the island would see the wall, would know that Guild A had decided to prevent its members from attacking such and such sector. Also, (2) if the ownership of the walled off sector changes, the wall remains. So Guild A members still could not pass through the wall till it comes down. (3) Walls would come down after a set amount of time, or if the guild loses ownership of the launching sector, or if the leaders pull it down. "Mr. Gorbachev..."

Basically, my suggestion involves fewer secrets.

DeletedUser9396

A suggestion concerning GBG buildings. I have noticed that people create the buildings and then delete them just before they lose the sector. I think it would be more fun, if they had to make the decision to delete a Building before the foe attains 80% of the required battles-- or even 90%.
Or make it progressively more expensive to build new buildings. Have the expense reset at the start of next round. But a guild that wants to throw diamonds at creating buildings in a way that skews the game away from all other tactics should be allowed to do so if they are willing to pay a progressively higher price.

SuperCirce

Squire
The game is not just to find the best strategy for a better profit, but also to conduct or convince his team to follow. Ask for ways to compel ... bah what a bad idea!

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I have confirmation that 1 750/1750% does not block the strongest.
On a world fr, with 897 fights a player has 200/200 fragments of the statue before the end of the GB.
I think it's very generous.
(personally in "gold" I have 98 fragments + 47 in the end - 7 th - I will have the statue in 2 times)

CrashBoom

Legend
if he reaches the highest attrition every day shouldn't he have at least 1100 battles :rolleyes:

so at least at a few days it did block him

and easy to beat mars opponents in one wave when 3 or 4 of them are artillery with flying
but nobody beats those 1750% when the wrong units are in

897 in 11 days doesn't even prove that he ever reached those 1750%

and his guild could have had many buildings which reduced / eliminated attrition increase

Rusje

Steward
One player in my guild has reached attrition level 206, without negotiation. If you're in SAM, you can win from 1750%...

CrashBoom

Legend
can somebody explain the following ?

I have 2 one man guilds on live in different worlds
in both I played copper league and ended 4th (of 8) in my 1st season

in the world where I do less GE I went up into silver league
in the other where I always end better in GE I stay in copper league
in both I don't do GvG

so how can I move up in the worse world (where the starting MMR which is based on worse GE result should be lower but surprisengly was higher or else I wouldn't move up)